FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Looking for competitive DLC band
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javman158  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Looking for competitive DLC band Reply with quote

As of today, I have just gotten a bit of an excess in free time, so I would like to start looking for a competitive DLC band to form. I'd be playing drums, so I'll be looking for guitar, bass and vocals. Guitar and bass can be set duties or a rotation, whatever can be agreed to by them. We would be DLC only, as I already have a main-setlist band (even though it looks like we won't be meeting anytime soon). My availability is sporadic from around 6PM M-W,F til 12PM M-W,F, with weekends depending on whether I am in town or not. BSer's Anonymous sessions would also take priority.

While the focus is on high scores, I wouldn't be opposed to switching things up for the sake of fun, or just playing songs cause it's good and we want to play it (this would be where main setlist songs could come in). Constantly going for high scores can get obnoxious, after all, and playing for the heck of it whether instruments are switched or not can be a nice reprieve.

While I am just outside the top 10 on XBL (hope to fix that soon), I have not done a lot with the DLC outside of the drum league, and for the toughest songs like BBF and Blackened, I will definitely need to practice before I can be a help on those songs. However, I do feel with some practice I can be part of a band to contend with the highest ranking bands out there.

I am a decent pather, though the more experience available the better, and I do not have any streaming capabilities.

Fee free to post with what you would like to play, and your availability.

Guitar: ???
Bass: ???
Drums: Javman158
Vocals: ???

tl;dr version - top 15 XBL drummer wants DLC-only competitive band, play for fun sometimes, evening/night availability.
SativaSamurai  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, I am a guitarist. I have 175 songs total. I can play any day of the week at any time. MOST of my scores are in my profile. I haven't put in some DLC scores though. Gamertag is needLEEr and thanks for your time.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: needLEEr PSN Name: needLEEr
ddranthony92  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to play Guitar or Bass,I have 88 songs total. I have most of the song Gold starred, its just that I've been working on my Drum Scores recently.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ddranthony92
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DLC band would be interesting. I can sing and play guitar/bass, but I'll request guitar/bass, since I don't know pretty much any of the DLC on vox. Since school ends for me tomorrow, I will be available on most nights, unless I have something planned with my friends. I don't have the Cars album or this week's DLC yet, but I'm getting some money to buy it today, so I'll have it all again soon. I have some full band pathing experience from my old band(I've made 5 paths IIRC), but I don't have a whole lot. I just formed another band, but that's mainly for on-disc songs. Finally, I'm 7th on SH on bass with 56 FC's(I have FC'd Smokin on bass and could probably FC Blinded By Fear), and 36th on guitar with 44 FC's.

Gamertag is BrianBAM19.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
SativaSamurai  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianBAM19 wrote:
A DLC band would be interesting. I can sing and play guitar/bass, but I'll request guitar/bass, since I don't know pretty much any of the DLC on vox. Since school ends for me tomorrow, I will be available on most nights, unless I have something planned with my friends. I don't have the Cars album or this week's DLC yet, but I'm getting some money to buy it today, so I'll have it all again soon. I have some full band pathing experience from my old band(I've made 5 paths IIRC), but I don't have a whole lot. I just formed another band, but that's mainly for on-disc songs. Finally, I'm 7th on SH on bass with 56 FC's(I have FC'd Smokin on bass and could probably FC Blinded By Fear), and 36th on guitar with 44 FC's.

Gamertag is BrianBAM19.

Dude, you already have a band. I couldn't get in to yours, now you're coming looking for a 2nd band? I haven't found ONE yet and I've been searching since release.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: needLEEr PSN Name: needLEEr
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SativaSamurai wrote:
BrianBAM19 wrote:

Gamertag is BrianBAM19.

Dude, you already have a band. I couldn't get in to yours, now you're coming looking for a 2nd band? I haven't found ONE yet and I've been searching since release.

There's nothing against any rules about having more than one band.

And Javman hasn't even said if you are in this band or not. So you could just wait instead of starting arguments with other people that you could potentially be playing with.

I'll just leave now

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:
SativaSamurai wrote:
BrianBAM19 wrote:

Gamertag is BrianBAM19.

There's nothing against any rules about having more than one band.

And Javman hasn't even said if you are in this band or not. So you could just wait instead of starting arguments with other people that you could potentially be playing with.

I'll just leave now

No, it's just that it's frustrating when I'm like the only guitarist still looking for a band since release and all these other people are finding bands willy nilly. Believe it or not, it sucks.
Deimos  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've consulted with my current DLC band, and they don't mind me joining a competing band as well, so I'm going to throw in a package deal offer.

My girlfriend's been a little jealous of me playing with my band every week, so I've been thinking about getting both of us into a band together as well. I'd be looking to join as guitar/bass (prefer guitar, but totally willing to switch off with someone else), and her on vocals. We have every current DLC song, and intend to continue purchasing everything as it comes out.

I was top 50 XBL guitar a month or two ago, but I'm sure I'm not any more, since I haven't worked on main-setlist songs in a while now. She doesn't really play solo, so I can't give you her rank or anything, but she tends to hit percents in the high 90s singing songs she knows. You can have a look at our scores here if you want, almost the entire main setlist is from when we ran the Endless Setlist (and try to ignore all the DLC with comments like "first time singing" / "vocal sightread"):
http://rockband.scorehero.com/scores.php?platform=2&size=2&team=632&group=7&diff=4
As long as we had a general idea of what songs were coming up so she could listen to them and practice them ahead of time, she should be able to get 95%+ on pretty much anything.

We're available practically every weeknight from 8 PM EST to about 2 AM EST, and weekends are generally ok as well (except for Sunday nights of course, which is my scheduled night to play with my other DLC band).

And a side note, SativaSamurai, why don't you just try to start your own band? If you start a thread looking for the other 3 members, it's up to you to choose who else gets in, and you're guaranteed one of the spots. That would probably get you into a band easily, if you're having trouble doing it by applying to other ones.

Last edited by Deimos on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Javman158  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, Sativa, Brain, and ddranthony, I'll be on either Friday or Sunday to give you all a chance to play a few songs. Once I get a better idea of when I'll be on, I'll post here.

Spots are not guaranteed, so I will still accept all-comers for all instruments.

EDIT: Just saw your post Deimos, I'm not too terribly concerned with current scores, I feel like you can usually get a good feel for someone's ability by choosing some variation in songs (both in knowledge of the song itself and difficulty) and seeing how they do. I'll add you both on, and since it's a package deal we can play as a 3-person band Friday or Sunday.

Last edited by Javman158 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos, just so you know, you put in the manage scores link, not the browse scores.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BigZ7337
Deimos  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
Deimos, just so you know, you put in the manage scores link, not the browse scores.

Oh dammit, I always do that. On the RB side at least you can just remove the "manage_" and the link works anyway. Edited now to the proper link.
Deimos  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear (you saying "add you both"), we live together, so you only have to add my gamertag "Deimorz".
blob  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 30th here on Scorehero for Guitar (top 5 for DLC), and top 10 for bass (havent played through all DLC)

But yea I have every song, and will buy every song as they release.

Available whenever you want me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I'd like to do some competitive DLC playing. I'm 17th on XBL/ 16th on SH leaderboards for Vocals.

I don't know about you Javman or anyone else you choose, but I could stream, though quality isn't the best (just through a webcam, not directly from TV).

Edit:
Forgot to put when I'm available.
I usually work 6 days a week, and starting next week, my hours will *usually* be 6:30 AM - ~4 PM EST, with the occasional night shift thrown in there. I'm free most of the time when I'm not working though.

Javman158  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok blob and sbury, got you down as well.

I'll be available Sunday, hopefully most of the day, to play through a few songs with everyone. I'll send out friend requests sometime tomorrow, and will try to be on around noon on Sunday. Not gonna set times for each of you, I'll just send out invites if I see you online. However, having an idea of when you will be on helps, so feel free to post that if you want.

If you can't do Sunday, let me know and we'll work something out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Will Rock For Food All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: