FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
blingdomepiece - The slow pro key 5* grind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to 5* this soon. I'm pretty good at 70% speed .

Last edited by blingdomepiece on Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First new 5* since June. I mostly haven't played in that time as I got busy with other stuff. I did do the Extra Life marathon again on November 2nd, playing Rock Band for 25 hours, mostly drumming with some singing and keyboards. Our team ended up raising just over $2000 doing that. Then a few days ago I set up the TV at home and decided to play some keys.

Pretty fun chart to grind. I only got my 4* in May, so not long before my break. Lots of places where there's a broken four note chord, or more like an alternating bass note played with the thumb and three-note chord played with the fingers. I'm pretty consistently 95%+ on the solo now, which is the difference between 21K and 12K for a solo bonus.

I was plateaued in the high 400s and what made a big difference was hitting a couple of transitions that I usually miss which allowed me to enter a few chordy sections at 8x instead of building up to 4x and then activating. I had a fail run just shy of 5* an hour before, where I pretty much had the points and then flailed badly on the last verse/chorus/outro and finished at 526K, just short.

I think I was also slowed a bit by not having my calibration quite right yet. I found I had to play a bit late to hit the quicker sections. Probably something to adjust before going for the next song .

This was the only song I played this week, more or less. Had sessions on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, and 2 more tonight (playing something like this for more than an hour I'll eventually get a stiff wrist so it's best to take a break at that point -- my keyboard has kind of a stiff action which doesn't help I'm sure). Passed 500K for the first time, once, on Tuesday. Passed it twice more tonight before the winning run. My best accuracy was 91%, my best streak was 217.

56 songs left to 5*. Only need one more Doors song, Touch Me.

Last edited by blingdomepiece on Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
mazegeek999PSN  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Light My Fire is a pretty varied song, not easy to 5-star.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man. I am proud of anything I get at this point.

Speaking of which, WOW. I couldn't even beat my leaderboard Hard score of 185K until today. Like all my modest accomplishments, this was done single-handed. This one feels pretty fucking great because of how intimidating the chart was when I first got the game.

When I last worked on this song in May, I managed a similar best accuracy (84%) but my best score was 169K. Looking back at those runs it seems like the main difference was that I never managed to FC chorus 2 in a real run, and I sucked at Guitar Solo C right before it.

Picked the song back up this month and after some bad 3* runs I got back to 4* territory this morning. I was inconsistent on the opening solo but luckily it's at the start so I can just restart when I fuck it up. I don't bother with the descending run at the start and just hit the low five notes, which gives me the OD. I always miss the gliss in the solo, so the goal is just to FC the rest of the solo and pick up the multiplier and other 1/4 bar. I then activate during chorus 1 and chain to get some delicious 8x chords and about 60K going into the second organ solo.

I flail in the solo but the goal is to pick up the unison OD. I then activate during the guitar solo starting at the short gliss and try to combo the rest of it, chaining the one OD there. I expect to FC Guitar Solo A and miss the OD in Guitar Solo B, although I occasionally hit it.

My next activation point is chorus 2, but like I said, I never FCed it in a real run until today. The first time I did it I got a new Expert high score of 177K despite a fairly mediocre run otherwise. However I seem to be a lot better at four-note chords now (maybe because of Light My Fire hell plus songs I worked on in June), so there was really only one part of Chorus 2 that tripped me up (when the one 4-note chord changes to another one), whereas I used to miss all the time. So I went into practice and played Chorus 2 up from 70%, picking up the muscle memory on that transition, until I FCed it five times at full speed. I then took a break for a few hours.

Came back to it tonight, again practiced it til I FCed it five times at full speed, then started doing real runs and was FCing it consistently. I pretty much look at the keys for that chord transition though. That got me up to 198K so I needed more points. I decided the best way to do that would be to get better at Guitar Solo C, and at least hit the ending chords of it so I could enter Chorus 2 already at 3x (and thus 6x).

I took another break, then came back and brought Guitar Solo C up from 70%. I could make about 95% of it at lower speeds but at full speed I topped out in the 80s, but I just played it until I hit the ending part a few times, which is a bit tricky because you have to stretch out to an octave fairly quick and the chords are a bit awkward for me.

Anyway after a couple of burn runs I had this run which went basically to script; low-90s opening organ solo, chorus 1 activation chained, hit the "hittable" organ solo OD, had the guitar solo although I dropped combo between the gliss and the OD phrase, FCed guitar solo A, messed up guitar solo B. Then, in guitar solo C, I hit the awkward chords and came to the end with a 3x multiplier. Activated and FCed Chorus 2, then activated once more in the Outro and passed 217K. "Luckily" my first time entering Chorus 2 with a serious multiplier I FCed it and got the 5*, so that it didn't have a chance to get in my head.

Unfortunately I'm still not any good at the second organ solo; got 72% and 81% on the two sections in this run. I think the second half has more potential for improvement than the first, but because I start it off with no combo I don't have much incentive to work on it points-wise.

I now have 55 songs left to 5*, and one more Phish song (Tweezer). I have 2 more on-disc songs (Rehab and Roundabout). This score entry also got me to 13M on main setlist pro keys on SH (my leaderboard total is higher due to the Rehab and Roundabout Hard scores).

Here is my adorable first-pass score from almost three years ago:

Ah, those were the days. Days of terrible keyboard skills.

Last edited by blingdomepiece on Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:25 pm; edited 5 times in total
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, 5* on Llama one-handed is very impressive! I'm sure you can get Tweezer, as it looks slightly easier (at least it looks quite hittable until the jam).

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llama 5* is really impressive with 2 hands, let alone 1. You're so much better than when you started, and that pretty pass picture accents that point so well. Good luck on Tweezer if that's what you're going for next.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
expertwin  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that I could legitimately even pass "Llama." Congrats.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

54 songs to go (89.2% 5* overall).

4 more country pack songs to go.

Last edited by blingdomepiece on Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, welcome back! i havent played country boys but all country songs are stupid on keys so I'm assuming it's a hard 5* so good job
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! It was hard . I still need to do some work to get back to where I was two years ago, let alone improve.
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work! You improved a lot since that old Llama score

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a while because it's hard to find good places to keep combo between the grace notes and sax solos. Finally resolved to learn the second solo well enough to consistently 95% it, although on this run I got a bit of finger trouble toward the end and was in the low-90s. Also not a ton of repetition in this song so I needed a few practice sessions to have the chart memorized and figure out the best hand positions, which I found switched pretty often.

Last edited by blingdomepiece on Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to see people keeping Pro Keys alive!
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my main accomplishment of the last five years is not dying. I got the stuff out of storage and it looks like my hi-hat controller has bummed out (there's a fix, I can order a new part and repair it)... I can still play songs "Rock Band 2 style" where I use dedicated cymbals for each lane, but it's more fun when I can go between yellow and blue with my left foot. I also have more back and neck issues than I used to (recommendation: don't get old) so drumming isn't always first choice unless I want to pay the price for a couple of days.

I'm mostly playing keys and I'm probably 1-3 months off being able to get back to where I was. I am bothered that a lot of my images for scores no longer work properly, so the main point of this post is to "re-up" some of the ones I'm happiest about that were stuck in my Dropbox.

I also lost my PS3 a few years ago, and with the new one I didn't re-download every song... I especially don't want to grind through charts or songs I fucking hated, unless I improve enough that I could 5* them quickly.

These are all from 2013-2015, and I think they were the harder ones?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31

Jump to: