FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stock pedal...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One3Se7eN  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Stock pedal... Reply with quote

I've heard that they suck and only last a few weeks at best from a bunch of top players but mine will not break. I've had it since early April, I believe, and since then I've done expert pretty much all of the time.

The only mod I have on this thing is a couple pieces of cardboard underneath the rubber stoppers to make double basses a tad easier. There is no structural support at all that I modded to it.

I have completely abused it. Sometimes I'll stomp on it through songs and other times I'll use just my heel to press it in the center (where it's weakest).

It won't break though. I thought I've heard it snap a few times but I always look down but find no cracks at all.

I'm not a bad player either. I think I'm like 135th overall on SH which I know isn't great but at least I have some skills :\

Anyway, yeah... I'm completely confused as to why it won't break. Not that that's a bad thing... it just doesn't make any sense. Can anyone shed some light onto this anomaly? By the way... this is only my second pedal since I got the game last year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ThePinkDrummer
Kruton  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same occurrence. I don't play on expert, but nothing will break.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Motley Kruton
jonfitzsimon  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yall sure are asking for it!
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the ones they released over here are somehow reinforced... but, assuming we've got the same ones, I don't understand how people break them so often. Mine looks rock solid. Admittedly I don't play on expert (it's only been out six days and I've never played drums in real life, etc) and my pedal technique could best be described as 'pussy-tastic' but still, it looks a lot more structurally solid than I envisaged - seriously, given all the problems we've heard about, I imagined it to be made of wafers and fail.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
el1t3v1rus  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on Hard, and mines broken in two places. I since then got a new one though. So don't be too cocky about it. If you've only had it since April, it can still break very easily. I had mine since February and it broke about 2 weeks ago. So don't be too cock-strong about it not breaking. Since you said something though, i'm going to LAUGH MY ASS OF if it breaks in the next week .
[ ] 65 FC's
[ ] 70 FC's
[ ] 75 FC's
[ ] 78 FC's
[x] 1st Place
[9.37] 9.4 mil
RockBand Accomps.
My EL penny mod. Works beyond perfect!

Last edited by el1t3v1rus on 30 Oct 2008 19:55; edited 946,281 times in total
One3Se7eN  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol... probably. At least I do have a replacement from when I RMAed my old set so if this one does finally break, I'll have a spare in the meantime.

I just have no idea why it hasn't broken yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ThePinkDrummer
el1t3v1rus  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One3Se7eN wrote:
Lol... probably. At least I do have a replacement from when I RMAed my old set so if this one does finally break, I'll have a spare in the meantime.

I just have no idea why it hasn't broken yet.

Well it's only been a little bit over a month. Give it another 1-3 months and it'll break.
[ ] 65 FC's
[ ] 70 FC's
[ ] 75 FC's
[ ] 78 FC's
[x] 1st Place
[9.37] 9.4 mil
RockBand Accomps.

iagomonk  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was extremely gentle with mine and it took 5 months to snap in two.

Yours will break. Especially if you're being as stupid as you claim.
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had mine since the game came out and I'm pretty good on expert and My pedal never snapped.... Until i let my friend use my pedal for a couple days... I play heel down so there is not much force on the pedal but I myself have never broken a pedal... My friend broke it in half and then I used some Epoxy putty to mold it back it was rock strong at that place... then I let my brother play and he broke it near the top and I used a big blop of putty again... It works awesome now :-)... they should just make the whole pedal out of epoxy

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
Mintrude  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
I don't know if the ones they released over here are somehow reinforced... but, assuming we've got the same ones, I don't understand how people break them so often. Mine looks rock solid. Admittedly I don't play on expert (it's only been out six days and I've never played drums in real life, etc) and my pedal technique could best be described as 'pussy-tastic' but still, it looks a lot more structurally solid than I envisaged - seriously, given all the problems we've heard about, I imagined it to be made of wafers and fail.

Yeh, doesn't look like mine'll break if I treat it right.

Complete GHII Expert before GHIII (DONE!)
Get 80s Eyeball(36/40)
Get the log (too far off to mention)
Venim619  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a coincidence! I just broke mine today! *looks at my sig*
I gotta say, it was the proudest moment in my Rock Band life. It was the BRE of Celebrity Skin and I was using both feet to get max bassitude. I heard it snap and I couldn't help but smile. I would ask HMX if I could keep it after I RMA it just cause it's like my most amazing acheivement, but I don't think they'd let me keep it and have a new one. But I've only been drumming for 2 months on mine so I was pretty excited.
B14Z3  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first pedal broke in 4 days. That was in February. I got a new pedal, and have basically foot raped it, and it's still in perfect condition. I play Expert too, and I occasionally get mad and stomp on it, but nothing has happened to it. It's amazing.
alexonfire  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm like ~22nd on SH, and i've only used the stock pedal. i've gone through 4 of them, but only one of them has actually cracked. the others just didn't seem right to me, and the better you are, the higher your standards need to be on your equipment, so i RMA'd the crummy ones. my first pedal broke, because it was the original flimsy one. when they beefed the pedals up, i haven't broken one yet, and i play pretty frequently.

bottom line, if you know the correct way to use the pedal, and you don't do stupid shit, it'll last a while.

el1t3v1rus  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venim619 wrote:
What a coincidence! I just broke mine today! *looks at my sig*
I gotta say, it was the proudest moment in my Rock Band life. It was the BRE of Celebrity Skin and I was using both feet to get max bassitude. I heard it snap and I couldn't help but smile. I would ask HMX if I could keep it after I RMA it just cause it's like my most amazing acheivement, but I don't think they'd let me keep it and have a new one. But I've only been drumming for 2 months on mine so I was pretty excited.

Idk, 'cause I called in for an RMA, and told dude mine was broken, and asked if I could get a replacement and keep mine, he said no that they were gonna send me an empty box and I was to send mine back. Well they sent me a box, but it wasn't empty . It had a brand new pedal, so now I have two, and all I need is a headphone splitter and I could do double bass .
[ ] 65 FC's
[ ] 70 FC's
[ ] 75 FC's
[ ] 78 FC's
[x] 1st Place
[9.37] 9.4 mil
RockBand Accomps.

esteroth12  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stock pedal will break soon... however, when I got my replacement (I did this in advance, I'm just gonna send the old one still in one piece) it looked like the support had been redesigned. Who knows, maybe this one will stay together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: