FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/27 DLC - Full Album (The Cars - The Cars)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blob  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know... the Cars' songs were easy IMO.

/runs

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't hard songs to pass and most of them should be easy 5 or 6 stars for seasoned players, but that doesn't make them rant worthy or mean you can insult people who didn't 5 star them. There's no reason to hide from expressing your opinion; is it really that tough to understand why we jumped on the back of the mean-spirited troll?
blob  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure his opinion is not shared by the others, but his first post was not trolling in any way to any user, just his opinion.

Mach (<3 you) lets just say jumped to a few accusations about him.

Which lead to the trolling post.

I <3 the cars I do, they aren't hard, but they aren't bad songs. (Train in Vain syndrome)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I might try reviewing these songs for shiggles, having never done so (all on expert guitar).

Note: with several of these songs, I would have much rather been playing the synth stuff for the guitar chart instead of the boring stuff I had to play instead :P Everything was gold-starred on sightread.

All Mixed Up - 7/10 - I didn't have much fun with this and had seen a video beforehand, still a nice slow-ish song and sounds especially nice in places. FC'd first run.

Moving in Stereo - 6/10 - Sightread FC, boring guitar chart, nothing bad to say about the song itself and the synth use is nifty.

Bye Bye Love - 5/10 - I didn't really like the chorus and the vocals didn't do anything for me, but I had fun with the guitar chart. Missed twice in the solo, one being a missed strum.

Don't Cha Stop - 8/10 - This one kept me on my toes for most of the song, and the 2nd solo ruined the chances of sightread FC, right about the middle of it. It's a very nice song to listen to, the guitar sounds nice, the vocals sound good too.

Good Times Roll - 7/10 - Sightread FC'd, song is fairly mellow and slow, albeit a bit repetitive, nothing bad to say about the guitar chart and almost missed a couple times while playing.

I'm in Touch with Your World - 10/10 - It reminded me of Count Zero immediately, it sounds amazing in its own weird way. I only missed once in the fast triplets after the solo, and I found the guitar chart fun (it certainly helps that the song kicks ass). The song employed very creative use of the synthesizer and the weird sounds that they could produce, which is part of why I loved this song immediately.

Just What I Needed - 10/10 - I can see why it was one of their most popular songs. I liked the guitar chart, except for the fucking turnabouts, one of which I missed after the solo. >_< Certainly one of the more challenging charts in general.

My Best Friend's Girl - 9/10 - Sightread FC'd somehow, it's full of tricky shit and that solo, I dunno how i hit that on sightread. I was actually feeling tense after the solo waiting for the song to be over because I didn't want to choke. It's a very fun guitar chart in my opinion. The song itself doesn't do anything for me, though.

You're All I've Got Tonight - 10/10 - First run FC'd, I had seen Npeaen's vid beforehand in an effort to determine whether to get the album. >_< The guitar chart is definitely one of the trickier ones, especially that fucking trill. Good song.

If anyone reading this hasn't gotten the album DLC yet, then DO IT NOW AGHAGHAGH because the songs are much better than I expected and the guitar parts are definitely fun.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
ggzxkilla wrote:
all the cars songs r all right i mean there not the greatest lol i wish they could have at least had here in my car in the pack but noooooooo lol

I had to read your post a few times to make sense of it. "Here In My Car" is actually "Cars" by Gary Newman.

Is it bad that the first thing I thought when I heard that The Cars would be DLC, I thought, "Oooh, do they mean Cars by Gary Numan? I LOVE that song!"

I was disappointed. v_v
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
MajorGeek42  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterAce wrote:
Is it bad that the first thing I thought when I heard that The Cars would be DLC, I thought, "Oooh, do they mean Cars by Gary Numan? I LOVE that song!"

I was disappointed. v_v

I was a bit disappointed too, I would have loved to play that song in Rock Band. One can always hope...

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blob wrote:

Mach (<3 you) lets just say jumped to a few accusations about him.

Everything in my first post was gathered from what he said in his first post. No baseless accusations here. It's clear that he thinks the only fun songs are ridiculously hard songs.

On-topic: You guys are only focusing on the choruses of the songs, when all the hard stuff is outside of there. Try FCing You're All I've Got Tonight or My Best Friend's Girl if you say the song are easy. Or better yet, try Bye Bye Love's solo. That's some rough stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
stardf29  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorGeek42 wrote:

Note: with several of these songs, I would have much rather been playing the synth stuff for the guitar chart instead of the boring stuff I had to play instead :P Everything was gold-starred on sightread.

When I first heard All Mixed Up (I was watching a drum video), I was greatly hoping the saxophone solo would be charted into the guitar... that would have been beyond awesome.

It probably would have made the song a Tier 9 song, though...
Trivman2000  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never even heard of The Cars. I'm a go watch some vids nao.
IamSpartacus  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the guitar charts go, they're not too difficult but they all have a fun part to them which makes you want to play them past your sightread. Plus I couldn't help but think this album in some shape or from would be on RB since it's perfect for RB, fun for everyone. Seriously, if you play RB for insanely hard charts, go play GH. RB is mainly for fun, and what I personally love about RB is almost all of the songs make you want to play them again since you love them. I.E. The Boston pack. Every song on that pack are hits, and almost everyone loves atleast one song on there.

I'd definitely get the whole CD if you can, but if you can't, some standouts are Don't Cha Stop, My Best Friend's Girl, Just What I Needed, Bye Bye Love, Good Times Roll, and You're all I've Got Tonight.

And yeah, there's my $.50

Xusder  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I love about Rock Band. Bought the whole album, played all the instruments, and was freaking pleased.

Good job Harmonix! Especially Doolittle coming next month, thats gonna be killer. Cannot wait!

ALL OF MY D.L.C. All RB 1/2 DLC, All RB:N DLC, All TB:RB DLC, All Exports (RB 1/L:RB/GD:RB). Pray for my Hard Drive!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Xusder PSN Name: Xusder Wii Friend Code: 2904437187104594
Mashishi  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: ehh Reply with quote

I personally these a few of these songs are fun to play, but I don't like the music so much outside of the game. what they need to do is release a bunch of blink 182 songs. I know not everyone loves blink and not everyone loves the cars, but Travis Barkers is a great drummer, so drums would be fun. And most guitar songs are chords but there are many songs with variation too. Harmonix: Please Release Blink 182 Songs!!!!!!!!

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled!
ThePlayer24  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought all the songs. Even though most if the songs are either slowish and easy or just downright weird "I'm in Touch with Your World" im looking at you. They are fun and if you give it a chance it kinda grows on you.
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, I can't believe I didn't know Moving in Stereo is that song from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Actually, I recognized a lot more of these than I expected. The only song I didn't care for was I'm in Touch with Your World. The rest are fantastic!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first heard about The Cars album coming out this month I wasn't overly excited because I had never really gotten into The Cars. I decided to give them a listen to a few weeks ago and have been listening to them ever since. I decided I'd at least pick up a few (i.e. My Best Friends Girl, Good Times Roll, Just What I Needed) but then caved in at the last second and bought the whole album. As it turns ot this was the right choice. So far I've only played them on Expert Drums and while not ridiculously hard, I find them extremely fun. I'll probably play Expert Guitar/Bass on them later today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: