FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/27 DLC - Full Album (The Cars - The Cars)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: ha Reply with quote

ggzxkilla wrote:
all the cars songs r all right i mean there not the greatest lol i wish they could have at least had here in my car in the pack but noooooooo lol

I had to read your post a few times to make sense of it. "Here In My Car" is actually "Cars" by Gary Newman.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Alfalfamale  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: ha Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
ggzxkilla wrote:
all the cars songs r all right i mean there not the greatest lol i wish they could have at least had here in my car in the pack but noooooooo lol

I had to read your post a few times to make sense of it. "Here In My Car" is actually "Cars" by Gary Newman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ycjVSyDVQM Less Edit. Stop using gay as an insult. - Staff
Asteao  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: ha Reply with quote

Alfalfamale wrote:
Sully wrote:
ggzxkilla wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ycjVSyDVQM
and makes more sense to put in rockband
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Asteao ICQ Number
thetrout  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, these songs were hella fun. I mean, they aren't exactly Tier 9, but a lot of the guitar parts will surprisingly keep you on your toes - it's hard to hold a combo on a lot of them. And, what's this...? OH NOES! THE RETURN OF THE BOSTON PULL-OFF!
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
Example: The opening track of Doolittle, Debasser. Now that's a weird song. Most of the album is like that.

DEBASSSERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! debasser.

Anyway:

I need to save my cash, so I won't be getting any of this pack, but my favs are probably (by looking at it) I'm in Touch With Your World and My Best Friend's Girl.

Although I might cave in and grab them...I'm not sure.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
dragoon013  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really satisfied having bought this. Every song had a guitar part that surprised me with its intricacy. And while I thought I would frequently be strumming the same chord over and over, I was happy to find that the notes were changing much more often than I anticipated. The guitar for every song was fun.

The drums were a lot more predictable, and while Just What I Needed is my favorite song on the album, the drums were boring. You're All I've Got Tonight definitely had the most difficult drum chart, while All Mixed Up and Bye Bye Love were different than most drums songs, though still pretty easy.

I love the Cars, and I highly recommend this download.
Muckytears  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

none of the songs jump out at me, but after ive got some other dlcs i may download a select few just for the note charts
CavScout  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was rather surprised at the guitar parts as well. I've listen to the Cars forever and always got the impression of being very synthesizer heavy. Never really paid attention to guitar.
toMsons  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album is mediocre, to easy. Not one even remotely difficult really.

People are excited about the GH4 news because Rock Band is just releasing all these awful songs what don't pose a challenge for people. The number of 1-6 tier songs is monstrous, and quite a bit tier 7 also. But tier 8-9 have hardly any songs after like 150 DLC is available, only 7 tier9 songs are available of DLC..3 being the Metallica songs, also Rock Rebellion being another OLD one Number of the Beast is very old.. So only Thrasher and Working Man are the only remotely recent hard songs to come to Rock Band.

I buy all the DLC and I am getting disappointed, now what's the purpose of The Cars! Yay for tier 2-4 songs, then Doolittle will come out and suck just as much. Waste of money almost -- A whole album where a decent person can sightread all the songs and gold star them. Yay.........Not! People want more Green Grass type songs (difficult), not! Not only are they avoiding putting hard songs up, which there are plenty of good ones out there. But they don't put any good bands from today in the game. They go and add angels and airwaves, who really listens to them or wants to play more 'blink 182' style songs (strum fest). Just like when they put more Fall Out Boy in the game, what garbage.

/end rant
blob  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't enjoy the cars as much as Judas Priest, yes. But I still enjoy it.

Some people don't want super difficult songs.

Hell, Dirty Little Secret is still one of my favorite DLC eva.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toMsons wrote:

Actually play the songs and then we'll talk.

You say you've played them? You're lying. They are difficult.

You really, truly have played each of them at least 2 times? Try to say that again then. If you can, you really need to re-evaluate your concept of FUN.

Oh wait, you aren't playing to have fun? Why are you playing the game at all? The point is to have FUN, no matter how difficult the charts are (or how difficult you perceive them to be, at least). Grinding GG&HT frustrates me to the point of no return! I don't want another song like that! That kind of stuff isn't fun for me. I mean, Working Man-level difficulty is fine, but keep it short, for god's sake.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
toMsons  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
toMsons wrote:

Actually play the songs and then we'll talk.

You say you've played them? You're lying. They are difficult.

You really, truly have played each of them at least 2 times? Try to say that again then. If you can, you really need to re-evaluate your concept of FUN.

Oh wait, you aren't playing to have fun? Why are you playing the game at all? The point is to have FUN, no matter how difficult the charts are (or how difficult you perceive them to be, at least). Grinding GG&HT frustrates me to the point of no return! I don't want another song like that! That kind of stuff isn't fun for me. I mean, Working Man-level difficulty is fine, but keep it short, for god's sake.

You're a joke, say they are hard and call me a liar in the same sentence. Either you suck or you should take back what you said, if you didn't at LEAST 5 star all the songs 1st try you're not even remotely decent. They are not hard, 9 songs of the same thing. At least the Judas Priest album was good, this ones a shame. I don't care if you like the songs, I am talking about playing songs here. It's not even like last week when Count Down to Insanity was released, fun to play and easy. Songs are a bit bland is what I am saying and I am sure a ton of people who agree with me, quite many people stopped buying all the DLC as of late cause its been sucking.

And buddy boy, people do play this game for difficulty you know. Why you think a lot of people linger on with Guitar Hero still? Because it's songs are overall easier then Rock Bands? No, because it's "harder". Plus you're to stupid to understand what I said, songs like Green Grass meaning in difficulty not length.. GGHT is the pinnacle of RB, like TTFAF is in GH3, like Jordan is to GH2. Is it wrong to desire more hard songs, is it really? The ratio to easy to hard is like 10:1, and still they've been announcing more easy stuff coming out.. Next decent think looks to be the Disturbed songs, which should be out in the next two weeks...Cant wait!

And I do play this game for fun, that's why I am disappointed in recent song selections. It's strum fest heaven and catering to the bad players in essence. And no I have not played each of them 'two' times, why put a number on it... Like it matters, you either like the charts or you don't. I am not saying the charts are horrid, but I am saying they are all easy -- 9 of the 9 are, with no exceptions. Easy as in 5 stars, and in my personal opinion 5 of those songs are WAY to easy. Only thing I see someone having difficulty on some of the songs is if someone is just bad at a combo in some of the songs, to lose the multiplier (not to fail).
alsoknownas  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toMsons...all I have to say is you're barking up the wrong tree saying that machchunk isn't good at this game.

Rock Band Stats:
X Guitar Gold Stars: 48/58
X Guitar FCs: 25/58
X Bass Gold Stars: 54/58
X Bass FCs: 54/58
Total Bass FCs: 89
TheBigBB  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how toMsons has a whole buttload of 4 star scores entered for his main setlist scores (PS3 expert - at the time of this post), yet anyone who didn't 5 star all 9 of The Cars' songs on sightread is a total noob apparently.

toMsons, there are 7 songs in tier 4 and 5 that you didn't even 5 star at the time you posted your little rant complaining about too many easy tier 1-6 songs.
machchunk  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toMsons wrote:

You're a joke, say they are hard and call me a liar in the same sentence. Either you suck or you should take back what you said, if you didn't at LEAST 5 star all the songs 1st try you're not even remotely decent.

5 stars is a long shot from GS. I haven't played them all in single player yet, but I got at least 99% on all of them on my first runthrough with Duce and evilgoat, with one, count it, one sightread FC. That's not a lot for an album that's supposedly not hard and the 7th overall guitarist on XBL. Aside from Moving In Stereo and All Mixed Up, all of the songs had intense and cool-sounding solos that took me by suprise. Oh, btw, have you FC'd ANY of them? I doubt it, with all this high-and-mightiness you're exhibiting.

You can be good and still think they're hard. Heck, I've GS everything across main setlist and DLC except Thrasher and Blackened, and I don't say RttH, TKAR, Highway Star, or any of the other high ranking FCs aren't hard.

Quote:
Plus you're to stupid to understand what I said, songs like Green Grass meaning in difficulty not length.. GGHT is the pinnacle of RB, like TTFAF is in GH3, like Jordan is to GH2. Is it wrong to desire more hard songs, is it really?

I understand exactly what you said, don't get me wrong. I like a back-breakingly hard song every once in a while, as long as it's fun to play and the music itself doesn't suck. Working Man is fun. GG&HT isn't. They're around the same length. So obviously length doesn't mean shit. TTFAF isn't fun either, because it's unbelievably uncomfortable to play.

Last edited by machchunk on Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: