FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Run to the Hills on Hard.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muckytears  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconRunner wrote:
Muckytears wrote:
or u could do the dirty thing and get a friend / family member to press the fott pedal for you

I have my dignity, sir, thank you very much! ><

lol good good. if it is possible, try to hit 2 od paths at the start and keep it as long as you can because the drum fills cut out large chunks of the song
LoopyOrc  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed it
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: LoopyOrc PSN Name: LoopyOrc
FalconRunner  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratz! Doesn't it feel weird passing a song while having spent most of it in flashing red? ><
Lloyd1337  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I was able to consistantly beat this on expert, I went back and played it on hard. It was so damn easy. Beat it without even really trying.

Mmhmm.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lloyd1337 PSN Name: Lloyd1337
LoopyOrc  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suprisingly I didn't spend a lot of time in red

I really got into the timing of it and held on to my OD for the most part, so I could whore out the fills just for a pass

I really need to work on fast rolls though, i can barely get enough speed with the sticks to hit them, is this something that somes with time? I guess it is. I was watching a video of sskitzzo earlier and it boggles me how he nails long, complicated rolls. He heas played drums beforehand though
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: LoopyOrc PSN Name: LoopyOrc
Lloyd1337  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoopyOrc wrote:

I really got into the timing of it and held on to my OD for the most part, so I could whore out the fills just for a pass

I really need to work on fast rolls though, i can barely get enough speed with the sticks to hit them, is this something that somes with time? I guess it is. I was watching a video of sskitzzo earlier and it boggles me how he nails long, complicated rolls. He heas played drums beforehand though

Perhaps you're holding your sticks too tightly? There should be lots of rebound. When I first started, I held mine way too tightly to prevent rebound, and it made rolls and stuff nearly impossible.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lloyd1337 PSN Name: Lloyd1337
LoopyOrc  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hold them pretty loosely, only use my thumb, index finger and middle finger, the other two just make sure it doesn't fly off I guess it's just technique.

Had a fun score duel today and RTTH came up, neither of us had passed the song so it was a mess, I won though
canadaxpker  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up to hand that feeds on expert (well I can do a lot of higher tier songs, but hand that feeds I can't do) but still cant do RTTH
el1t3v1rus  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoopyOrc wrote:

To get everything right for the rolls in RttH, you start with your right hand and end with your right on each roll. Keeping the right speed can sometimes be hard, as even I have trouble hitting the OD every time.
[ ] 65 FC's
[ ] 70 FC's
[ ] 75 FC's
[ ] 78 FC's
[x] 1st Place
[9.37] 9.4 mil
RockBand Accomps.
My EL penny mod. Works beyond perfect!

Last edited by el1t3v1rus on 30 Oct 2008 19:55; edited 946,281 times in total
LoopyOrc  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

el1t3v1rus wrote:
LoopyOrc wrote:

To get everything right for the rolls in RttH, you start with your right hand and end with your right on each roll. Keeping the right speed can sometimes be hard, as even I have trouble hitting the OD every time.

I'm hoping these fast rolls will come with time. I've only been playing RB drums for roughly 3 weeks with no prior drum experience, so any form of technique has been thought up on the spot.

At the moment i'm having alot of trouble passing Dead On Arrival on the Expert Solo Tour, the bass is pretty whacky and all over the place in that song, it'll take some getting used to, I usually get to around 60% and fail.
FalconRunner  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoopyOrc wrote:
I'm hoping these fast rolls will come with time. I've only been playing RB drums for roughly 3 weeks with no prior drum experience, so any form of technique has been thought up on the spot.

= me exactly.
CreapyBEAR95  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just do a slow drumroll thats what i did
vikes99ej  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally beat it yesterday on hard. 73% lol

All I can say is focus on the red and yellow hits. Don't even worry about the bass pedal until the solo. And don't get overwhelmed by the red hits when you get to the bridge. I hit roughly half of them and I stayed in the yellow.
supremesonic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to join the club who can't seem to pass this for the life of me... I'm not ever doing as well as others, getting to only 41%-42% before failing. My main strategy right now is to just keep rolling away on the red drum and doing the bass, ignoring pretty much else... No dice, even though it's 70% a section on practise and I'm doing what the game says is a priority.

internetguy87 wrote:
Although the sticking might be a little harder, the speed is much slower and so it is still easier on hard. If you are just looking to pass the song you can try what i did. Basically skip one note out of the triplets. Hit the first red note, skip the second, and hit either the r+bass or y+bass. This will get you into the basic rhythm of the drums, prevent too much pad missing, and pass it. If you do this a bunch of times, you will get the rhythm and then you can try to add in that middle note.

I know this is not really professional help, but it did it for me.

I'm trying this, but struggling. The pace of the song means I can't even get a good flow going. I have a tendency to panic as well, and when there's that fast roll each time (From red moving down to green) the bar just says "Screw you!" and shoots down anyway. Guess I'll just keep practicing...

Oh, and about rolls... Even though I've never actively practiced them, I'm finding from time to time now I can just him them as I see them. I suppose it's just getting used to the speed and strategy behind them as I go along...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: supremesonic
el1t3v1rus  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supremesonic wrote:
Allow me to join the club who can't seem to pass this for the life of me... I'm not ever doing as well as others, getting to only 41%-42% before failing. My main strategy right now is to just keep rolling away on the red drum and doing the bass, ignoring pretty much else... No dice, even though it's 70% a section on practise and I'm doing what the game says is a priority.

internetguy87 wrote:
Although the sticking might be a little harder, the speed is much slower and so it is still easier on hard. If you are just looking to pass the song you can try what i did. Basically skip one note out of the triplets. Hit the first red note, skip the second, and hit either the r+bass or y+bass. This will get you into the basic rhythm of the drums, prevent too much pad missing, and pass it. If you do this a bunch of times, you will get the rhythm and then you can try to add in that middle note.

I know this is not really professional help, but it did it for me.

I'm trying this, but struggling. The pace of the song means I can't even get a good flow going. I have a tendency to panic as well, and when there's that fast roll each time (From red moving down to green) the bar just says "Screw you!" and shoots down anyway. Guess I'll just keep practicing...

Oh, and about rolls... Even though I've never actively practiced them, I'm finding from time to time now I can just him them as I see them. I suppose it's just getting used to the speed and strategy behind them as I go along...

Allow me to reiterate something I said earlier in this thread. I used to have a lot of trouble with this song, and now I'm like 1 of 6 people who have it 5*ed. The pauses in between the reds aren't really pauses. What I do is, I keep playing, without pausing my hits. I also start with my left hand on the triple reds if that helps you any. , so if you start with your left hand, you're right hand can hit the yellow after the reds.
[ ] 65 FC's
[ ] 70 FC's
[ ] 75 FC's
[ ] 78 FC's
[x] 1st Place
[9.37] 9.4 mil
RockBand Accomps.
My EL penny mod. Works beyond perfect!

Last edited by el1t3v1rus on 30 Oct 2008 19:55; edited 946,281 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: