FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Framingham, MA SAT 06/07/08 Rock Band Tournament 3pm!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Framingham, MA SAT 06/07/08 Rock Band Tournament 3pm! Reply with quote

Framingham, MA SAT 06/07/08 Rock Band Tournament 3pm!

Where: Game Universe 1251 Worcester Rd Framingham, MA 01701

When: 06/07/08 3pm

Age Limit: All Ages!

System: XBOX 360. All band members must play HARD or EXPERT

Instruments: Full Band Tournament IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BRING YOUR OWN GUITARS.

Admission Fee: $10 per person ($40 per band)

Tournament Format: Best 2 out of 3 Double Elimination Time Permitting. Random Seeding Double Elimination. Each Team picks a song if a 3rd song is needed it is random.

Prizes: CASH Store Takes 20% Venue Fee out of main pot Prizes 50% of Entrance Fees 1st Place 30% 2nd Place 20% 3rd Place We have TONS of video games for all systems for sale so there will be plenty to pick from if you win!

II: Contact Information

Phone Number: 508 370 4263

E-mail Address: Please Call or message on Myspace

We do these tournaments monthly and usually get a good turnout of locals, hopefully by advertising here we will get even more bands!

Last edited by GameUniverse on Sat May 31, 2008 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crltler  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we show up on site or is there a mandatory pre-registration somewhere?
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope just show up. It would be appreciated if you post up here if you are definitely coming or if you have any questions...

or if you are thinking of coming post up here too!
russ7166  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im thinking of coming this is awesome, ive been waiting for some kind of tournament/competition for rockband to happen in Massachusetts for a long time lol.

some questions:
-Do you have to have a full band? like if me (drummer) and my friend (guitarist) wanted to enter as a band would we be accepted?

-If we would be wat would the format/scoring be like if there are 4 man bands vs. 2 man bands etc. since the scores would be different? Or are there divisions for each number of members in a band?

-Could some1 come and be a solo, playing only one instrument?

-With different difficulties will there be different divisions, one "hard" division and one "expert" division?

sorry for all the questions im just wicked excited lol.

thanks,
:]
LifeLover  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go anyone from Wellesley! Woo! I can't make it though. Go RAIDERS!
Sonic3dx  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Russ, as an Employee of Game Universe, i'd like to answer your questions.

russ7166 wrote:

-Do you have to have a full band? like if me (drummer) and my friend (guitarist) wanted to enter as a band would we be accepted?

-If we would be wat would the format/scoring be like if there are 4 man bands vs. 2 man bands etc. since the scores would be different? Or are there divisions for each number of members in a band?

-Could some1 come and be a solo, playing only one instrument?

You need to have 4 band members to be eligible for the tournament. If you really can't find 4 people to bring with you, you can come with your two and hope for a pickup (which ends up happening often), but trying to find a pickup band is definitely going to be a gamble. We are firm believers that Rock Band is meant to be played with a full band, and that is truly where the game is experienced at it's fullest.

russ7166 wrote:

-With different difficulties will there be different divisions, one "hard" division and one "expert" division?

Nope, there are no difficulty divisions. The difficulty used by band members may often be chosen due to skill, but sometimes it can be used as a strategy. Being a drummer, I know i can get more points on some songs on hard than i can on the same song on expert. Difficulty becomes an aspect of strategy more often than not.

Hope to see you there, if you have anymore questions feel free to post them here.
russ7166  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thanks for the reply you answered all my questions :]
really appreciated

BTW: Are there any vocalists out there that are planning on attending this tournament thing?

I've got 3/4ths of the band full and are in need of a vocalist.

I'm the drummer, i play mostly on hard but can FC more than half of the hard songs, and the two guitarists/bassists can both play on expert.

SO, you won't be playing with noobs lol. If you're interested in playin with us send me a PM!
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the locals front... it seems like we have a pretty good interest for this tournament as well!!! I hope we get some more teams from score hero to come!!!!
Ax3  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and now to make a tournament in Philly! Seriously please... and possibly make singles so I don't have to bring my band from like Canda over here =(
Crltler  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to say my and some friends will be coming, but for now it will have to stay as a "definitely probably". Hope to see you folks there, thanks for answering our questions
JediHero92  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now i have a REALLY good band set up but we need another guitarist or bassist. if you want reply here, PM me or IM me at SamuelJMullin.

And good luck to everyone whos gonna be there!

EDIT: Ok I think i have another guitarist, depends on the turn out.

To Any Game Universe Employee: What do you expect the turn-out to be?
Sonic3dx  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We usually have between 4-8 bands at the tournaments, But in the past we haven't posted on the score hero forums. I would expect a larger turnout this time because of the great response we've gotten here. While its hard to tell how many people are coming since not everyone who looks at this post doesn't reply, i would estimate close to 10 bands.
rekt  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually seems like a good idea if I can gather up some of my friends.
JediHero92  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic3dx wrote:
We usually have between 4-8 bands at the tournaments, But in the past we haven't posted on the score hero forums. I would expect a larger turnout this time because of the great response we've gotten here. While its hard to tell how many people are coming since not everyone who looks at this post doesn't reply, i would estimate close to 10 bands.

Thanks for the quick response

So, winning band gets ~50 bucks per person..... not bad.
thundadan  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: We'll be there Reply with quote

Count on my band Bear being there. Lookin forward to tryin to win some as wilmer valderama would say caaaash money. Haha cya guys there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: