FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PS2 Customs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yougotdied  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: PS2 Customs Reply with quote

dont kill me, ive searched and everything, but i saw in one of the posts here that "PS2 customs are now possible"

is this true?
its a simple question, yes or no is all i need, without getting yelled at
TNTX  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat.

If you plan on playing single player in Training, yes.

If you plan on playing single or multiplayer in normal modes, no.

We can't parse the videos and music quite right yet to play.
Look no further!

BNSClub.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Zero0920
yougotdied  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i really play single player only. exactly how far have you guys gotten?
BillyBlaze314  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I have a full blown working custom that can play all 4 parts at once - it just doens't match up with the video (it uses the "say it aint so" video).
yougotdied  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im pretty sure your wouldnt be able to sync it with the backround, since it actually is a video, but IMO, it shouldnt matter much.
kevnin  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, customs are fully possible at this point. they're not complete nor the greatest, but they work. there's still more to mess around with for OD, but using GameZelda's PSSInject and another tool called RockLib (on the other side of scorehero) it's possible to create a VGS file with the correct sample rate and channels and then insert this audio into the PSS movies. if you throw in a custom mid (converted from chart works quite nicely, use a midi editor for vocals) then you've got yourself a working custom.

there are a few threads to look through: the customization one, and the midi file format one (if you want to add vocals)

there's no guide yet because it's still kinda shifty, but it works.
yougotdied  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some one has to make a guide for songs, guitar atleast. ive looked through the threads, and picking out peices of info from them isnt going to help me, or others who dont know anything about rock band customization
TNTX  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yougotdied wrote:
some one has to make a guide for songs, guitar atleast. ive looked through the threads, and picking out peices of info from them isnt going to help me, or others who dont know anything about rock band customization

Look in the midi sticky. It has info on creating all 4 parts.
Look no further!

BNSClub.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Zero0920
kevnin  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, again, someone will make a guide (and i'm sure it'll become a sticky) as soon as some things are hammered out. there's a lot that we don't know yet.

here is the gist of it though if you REALLY want to give it a try.

first, make your chart in feedback. any instrument (not vocals), and use leff's chart2mid2chart to convert to mid. if you chart drums, there is an event that needs to be placed to tell the game when the freestyle section stops (i don't know what this event is, but obviously billyblaze discovered it).

second, use rocklib [http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61450&highlight=rocklib] to create a vgs audio file.
you must add 2.9 seconds of silence to your audio file in order to make the fretboard line up with the music. this is in addition to any offset you would normally have to account for.

for best results with least effort involved, use this command:
Code:
rockaudio -usebass -channels 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,2 -channelsamples 28000,28000,28000,28000,28000,28000,28000,28000,28000 inputfile.mp3[or ogg, wav, vgs] outputfile.vgs
if i messed up the command, use the one in the rocklib thread but adapt it for 9 channels similar to above. if you don't want to deal with dtb editing, you might as well just put the audio in the last two channels (like above)

third, use arktool[google xorloser] to 1) replace a mid with your newly made custom mid and 2) to extract a pss file of a song that is at least as long as your custom song.

fourth, use GZ's PSSinject [in the customization thread, probably page 12ish] to inject your vgs file into the pss movie.

fifth, use arktool again to replace the song's pss with the pss file that you have modified

[optional step:] extract songs.dtb [in songs/gen] and modify with the hacked dtbedit included with arktool, and then replace the original songs.dtb

sixth, rebuild with cd-dvd gen and apache like you would a gh2 custom disk.

there you have it.
BillyBlaze314  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually didn't put in any special event in the 'PART DRUMS' track, but I do have a [music_start] event in the 'EVENTS' track, I think that might be what ends the free fill section at the start
kevnin  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm interesting that's quite possible. that's actually what i was thinking, but when i was playing last night i noticed there are a lot of songs where the guitar comes in way before the drums (lots of free time), and in GH2 [music_start] was for when the crowd had to shut up. i don't know, i just thought (for no reason) that there would be another event.

but since yours works, i guess that's probably it.
yougotdied  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you're saying i need to use a song in the game that is almost as long or a little longer than the song im going to use as my custom?
MCP  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to creating a full custom song, I may have noticed a small problem.

I created the note charts for guitar, bass, and drums in dB and converted to a mid with Leff's tool while i created the vocals using the krmaker described in another section of the forum. Both of these were made using the same mp3 file. Upon combination in Anvil, It appears (from the sounds), that they are not matching up. Maybe even though it sounds like its not synced, it actually is. I'll have to try burning a disc to see what happens.

Has anybody else tried this method or had the same difficulties?
yougotdied  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it ok if i were to just inject a guitar chart, or do i have to make bass, vocals, and drums?
TNTX  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yougotdied wrote:
is it ok if i were to just inject a guitar chart, or do i have to make bass, vocals, and drums?

Only if you intend on playing Bass, Vocals, and Drums.
Look no further!

BNSClub.png
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: