FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Playing three instruments at one time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SH-James  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.GH wrote:
Dead or Alive I got to 60ish% on all 4 instruments.

Hard as hell, haha.

Both guitars around my next, headset for vox, hands for drums.

Easiest song though. Bass drum for a good amount of the song, not very many bass notes, vox isn't too hard.

Video or it didn't happen.

No seriously. I need to see video of someone doing this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: mediamelt
iiLMcNaStY  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could probably do silver really easily if you do drums on easy, geetar on anything, and vox on anything. don't even hafta play drums and you pass.

but if you could make some kind of setup with a way to trigger red pat with a left foot pedal. you could probably do drums +gtr/bass better bcuz u usually only need to hit reds and bass if u drum on easy
just a thought
CreapyBEAR95  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did 29 fingers using 3 instrument but had to save myself a few times i did the guitar with my feet lol
CeleryStalkerz  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to do 29 fingers on medium with Guitar drums and vox... Took about 8-10 tries...

I took my drum kit off the stand and put it on the floor. Stuck drumsticks between my toes and played normally like that. Played guitar normally. I have no mike stand, so I turned up the sensitivity and taped it on my shoulder.

When I was playing I found i looked only at the guitar screen... drums were the most difficult to do blind (especially when you never play with your feet...)

PS3 Expert Drums

Most Recent: Shoulder To The Plow
64 Full Combos
Most Recent: 62) Uncontrollable Urge 63) One Way or Another 64) Tangled Up in Blue (THANK GOD)
Klaww  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I my friend couldnt do bass pedal, so I had to sing, play plastar, and play the bass pedal. So almost.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here I thought playing Silver on X/X/X/X was unique. Damn. :-P

If I can find a videocamera I'll see if I can't post it. What techniques do people use though? I stick the bass in my lap (GHII controller but it doesn't matter), and use the Fender controller for guitar. I hit the first couple of bass notes (because why not) and basically only kick when it comes to drums. When i get to the guitar solo, since I'm on the solo buttons on the Fender, I hit the green pad with my right hand (for the fast yellows I spam the solo button until I can get my right hand back to the strum bar).
yodasmeagol  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you guys are interested, I've posted several videos of some One Man Rock Band stuff on my YouTube page, including several with all 4 instruments.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthGollumKong

The best difficulty accomplishment I did was Maps with expert guitar, expert drums, and medium vocals. Or Blitzkrieg Bop with medium guitar, medium bass, easy drums, and hard vocals.

And if you saw the SpikeTV special thingy for the Rock Band 2 release and saw that guy playing all 4 at the same time, that was me. They flew me up there for it. It was awesome.
Roscoshagnasty  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on all four. Here is my crappy attempt at 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUOt-UjOQq0

I'm a terrible singer and jack up the lyrics as much as possible, but it was a pretty amusing attempt. Some chick bet me that I couldn't do it, so I told her to film it. I really wanna work on getting better at it.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not 3 instruments, but I played the last two Band Challenges drumtarring on easy (I'm too self-conscious to do vox) without failing anything aside from when I accidentally knocked the drum kit over with my hand. I even managed to 3 star Peace Sells.

It's actually possible to keep a streak on both drums and guitar at the same time during the main Painkiller riff on easy, since the drum bass hits are at the same time as the guitar notes, with the drum pad hits in between. I think this works during most of the first half of Peace Sells too.

Solo buttons are also very useful for this, since they allow you to play the guitar completely one handedly.
haytradyl33  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this with Livin' on a Prayer. Medium vox, easy drums, hard bass. I just used the top of my guitar to hit the pads for the drums. Kept activating OD.
thesentence  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it's on easy, yeah, just switch do two at a time until one is about to fail then switch to that one. Or you could just save OD and then let one keep failed, but I'm not sure how well that'd work.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A voxtardrums FC could probably be pulled off with Polly... use your feet to hit the pads while otherwise playing normally. Even with a mic stand this could probably be done haha...

And yes, I was trying to be funny.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Awesometrax
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge56dWN5-vA

>_> Shameless plug

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine a song like We Got the Beat, with lots of bass and fairly easy guitar/bass would be the easiest for this; just get really good at the voxtar and then add in 3 bass hits. It'd be epic to see a live video!

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the achievement band savior, I played bass/guitar/vox on expert. I got the achievement after a few tries on Hello There. I passed the song =D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: