FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/20 DLC - European Rock Band release + 9 exclusive tracks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one else finds the B-O-B part of the first main guitar riff in Hysteria really annoying? It just doesn't sound pleasant at all to me. It sounds whiney. Like the vocals.
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qirex wrote:
I was just playing through Beetlebum, trying to get some squeezes in, and a fucking bird flew through my living room, right by my head, and out the window.
I learned 2 things from this:
1) I break combo when birds fly at me
2) I need to replace those window screens

Sig'd!

As soon as I get some money, I think I'll buy a few of these.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i was gonna sig that and im from the UK so i get the DLC in the game (woo only 6months late of course) but i unfortunatly have to pay the huge price for the game which has an rrp of £180 roughly double what was payed for it in the US.

however cannot wait for the game its the 1st day of half term for me and pay day so im getting it early and playing till i have work lol me and a mate of mine have a competition going the 1st person to beat drums on expert is the better rhythm game player (since guitar hero came out there has been a big rivalry between us as im only a little bit better then him but he has the excuse of i got the game 1st, but we shall see whos best when we both get rock band on the same day)
This is my favorite gameplay advice ever.

"Just relax and pretend you're slaughtering Native Americans."

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought and played Hysteria (Bass) and HKA (Guitar) both are awesome.
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: European Rock Band release + 9 Exclusive tracks (also DL Reply with quote

As for New Wave by Pleymo...

All I could think of after watching npeaen's vid for this song was:

"Now I know you'll be lovin' this- right here.
L-I-M-P Bizkit is.... right.. here?"
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly though, this is looking to be one of the best weeks for vocalists in a long time. They all look really fun and could prove to be a whole new challenge, what with the different languages and all, especially in New Wave with all the talkies.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For once, Rock Band didn't get a better chart than GH did lol. The HKA chart looks pretty damn bad and way overcharted in comparasin to the GH3 version. There's even one part incorrectly charted before the set of sustains before the first chugging riff (it should be like - - --- - - instead of - - - - - like they have it).

Hysteria looks awesome though.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four-starred Hysteria bass on my sightread, but I believe the only non gold-stars I got otherwise were Hysteria guitar and HKA guitar. Lots of full combos, too. Rock 'n' Roll Star and Beetlebum are long as fuck, but the former has good soloage and the latter has a nice main riff, although it's easy as balls.

Trying to get videos up as soon as I can. Monsoon got stuck in my head, but I didn't necessarily enjoy that chart too much. Kind of a more enjoyable version of It Hurts for me.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Hysteria right away, but was waiting to see the others. Rock 'n' Roll Star was one of the one I was sure I'd get, but now even New Wave seems more likely... Mainly because I enjoyed the slower Oasis pack songs. My must get list is (currently) CtI, Monsoon, HKA, Beetlebum and Manu Chao.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hysteria looks freakin awsome
the bass looks funner than the guitar

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit.

We spent a week talking about Perfekte Welle in our AP German class.

When I get some MS points I am all over that motherfucker. And Muse, because Hysteria sounds awesome. We'll see about the rest.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how anyone could dislike Hysteria. It was the first song that got me into Muse awhile back. If I could only pick five songs to ever show up in a GH-RB game this would be one of them.

Safe to say I'm very happy.
Raining Blood (3.4)
Cliffs of Dover (4.0)
One (4.7)

Trent is the man.
http://www.rockband.com/blog/entry/276614
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtownwhiteboy92 wrote:
hysteria looks freakin awsome
the bass looks funner than the guitar

The bass is tier 9, guitar is 7. the second bass pattern isn't as fun as the first one.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: European Rock Band release + 9 Exclusive tracks (also DL Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Even though these songs are DLC in North America, because they are included on-disc to the European release due out over the next several days in different countries (5/21 in Germany, 5/22 in France, and 5/23 in UK), I have created a new tier for these songs as "European Exclusives". These will still be excluded from the overall ranks just like the other DLC.

Note: I realize it's a slight problem that they won't count towards the DLC tier total for North America, and won't count towards the overall total for Europe. But it would be a pain for Europe players to need to scroll through a hundred DLC songs to find a song in the main setlist.

Unless I'm missing something, this is a complete non-issue. To allow all regions to use the same leaderboards and compete on a level playing field, they're listed as DLC for us too, regardless of the fact that it's on the disc (confirmed here by someone in the UK who somehow got the game early).

I think it would've saved a lot of confusion if they'd just left it off the disc and made it downloadable for free to us, but whatever.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
carsonkill  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTR0mOJBzIc

MANU CHAO

DRUMS EXPERT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: