FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Great songs to start FC's / Gold Stars with?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fernwilter  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Great songs to start FC's / Gold Stars with? Reply with quote

Edit: Thanks for the help! I've now updated my list of gold stars.

So, i've just started to play drums.
I need suggestions on songs that i could gold star or FC.
Songs that are Easy but not loleasy.
Not like i think im paranoid or Something in The way, more like the songs i've FC'd / My harder gold stars.

RB1: 11/55

I think im paranoid
Main Offender
Blitzkrieg Bop
Should i Stay or Should i Go
Say it ain't So
Sabotage
Here It Goes Again
Pleasure (Pleasure)
Wave of Muliation
Celebrity Skin
Dani California

RB2: 6/84

New Kid in School
The Middle
Living on a prayer
Nine In The Afternoon
So What'cha want
Psycho Killer

DLC:

1. Under The Bridge
2. Time Is running out
3. Rock n' Roll Dream
4. Breed
5. Chinese Democracy
6. Headphones On
7. Zero

Total: 22 Shiny gold stars

FC's:

1. Polly
2. Main Offender
3. Blitzkrieg Bop
4. Here It Goes Again (SR FC)
5. Nine In The Afternoon

+ i've 5-starred PainkillAH.

Sorry for bad gramar/ fail spelling.
Now that would be a sight!

Scratch me Mosh 1, mister DJ man!
www.rbforum.se - The one and only Swedish RB froum!

Last edited by Fernwilter on Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Fernwilter
Toodooloo  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, some of the easier gold-stars I personally have:

Nine in the Afternoon
Psycho Killer
So What'cha Want
29 Fingers (if you can do rolls abit, path is 2-1-0-0-0-0 etc far as I know)
Headphones on
Rock'n Me
Eye of the Tiger (if you can hit the fill kind of things)
Gimme Shelter (really easy)
Wanted dead or alive

If you think they're too easy, or you're done with em, I can tell you some harder ones aswell
Fernwilter  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried EotT, it's just too boring, but i will GS it on my sightread.

I havent thought about the RB1 ones.

Thanks!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Fernwilter
Toodooloo  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome

If you're done with those I'd suggest:
Headphones on (if you haven't DL'd it, i'd say go do it, drums are fun lol)
Conventional Lover
Today
Dani California
Cool for Cats
My Own Worst Enemy (this one's quite simple too)
Celebrity Skin
Wave of Mutilation

Good luck.
MarkMadness  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try In Bloom. It's one of the easier songs that will still get you to the next level as far as dealing with fills.
Do you just wake up and piss excellence, or what?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MarkMadnessSH
Fernwilter  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkMadness wrote:
Try In Bloom. It's one of the easier songs that will still get you to the next level as far as dealing with fills.

I can hit the roll, but it's a wierd fill that gets me in the chorus right before the verse kicks in.

Vearod  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean the fill that goes:

(or something like that)

I usually hit it every time if i start with my left hand... currently my best run of In Bloom is -1, but might work on that today
Fernwilter  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vearod wrote:
If you mean the fill that goes:

(or something like that)

I usually hit it every time if i start with my left hand... currently my best run of In Bloom is -1, but might work on that today

Yes.

I always go to fast or slow

Edit: Haha, du är svensk ju :O
Gå in på www.rbforum.se

DougieDougDoug  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll always use RLL,RL,RL,R for that In Bloom roll, if you're not used to leading with the non-dominant hand it can really help with keeping rhythm.

Anyway, with respect to GS's I suggest just starting with the lowest tiers and finding the songs that have the least amount of fills to learn and also have a lot of repetition (aka, few beats) so that the gold is a matter of how consistent you can be. As you improve your consistency, those FC's will start showing up naturally.

Songs with low GS cutoffs are always helpful too; off the top of my head for RB1, some noticably low cutoffs you haven't yet got are Welcome Home, Dani California, and the already mentioned In Bloom. These are more varied than my previous suggestion beat-wise, so it'll probably keep it more amusing for you whilst still providing the challenge.

I'm not sure what DLC you have, but if it's any help to you I've currently only uploaded FC's in the DLC section of my scores, and there's 180~ of them there without me being all that skilled. If you see any songs that you also own then there's a good chance it could be a GS/FC target for you, especially if it's been a while since I uploaded it.

And as a final method; you could check out the RB2 on-disc FC breakdown and Gurnkiller's RB1 FC ranking threads and just go through them in order. It's worth mentioning that Gurn's opinions may not always go with the consensus of what songs are easier to FC, because he's an actual drummer- most people probably don't consider Repitilia the fifth easiest song in RB1, so don't feel bad if you can't GS it or anything because it's not the simplest of beats even if it is very repetitive

PriestMLH? He's a rubber chicken with robotic guitar playing giblets.

Unless you are a volcanic robot from space or a chicken with robotic giblets, don't compare yourself to those folk. Each accomplishment is an accomplishment, no matter what people before you did.

[12:44] Kiriyama: Knights of CYDOOOOOOONIA- Cough medicine, with clout!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: CuriousJewbeard
Fernwilter  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougieDougDoug wrote:
I'll always use RLL,RL,RL,R for that In Bloom roll, if you're not used to leading with the non-dominant hand it can really help with keeping rhythm.

Anyway, with respect to GS's I suggest just starting with the lowest tiers and finding the songs that have the least amount of fills to learn and also have a lot of repetition (aka, few beats) so that the gold is a matter of how consistent you can be. As you improve your consistency, those FC's will start showing up naturally.

Songs with low GS cutoffs are always helpful too; off the top of my head for RB1, some noticably low cutoffs you haven't yet got are Welcome Home, Dani California, and the already mentioned In Bloom. These are more varied than my previous suggestion beat-wise, so it'll probably keep it more amusing for you whilst still providing the challenge.

I'm not sure what DLC you have, but if it's any help to you I've currently only uploaded FC's in the DLC section of my scores, and there's 180~ of them there without me being all that skilled. If you see any songs that you also own then there's a good chance it could be a GS/FC target for you, especially if it's been a while since I uploaded it.

And as a final method; you could check out the RB2 on-disc FC breakdown and Gurnkiller's RB1 FC ranking threads and just go through them in order. It's worth mentioning that Gurn's opinions may not always go with the consensus of what songs are easier to FC, because he's an actual drummer- most people probably don't consider Repitilia the fifth easiest song in RB1, so don't feel bad if you can't GS it or anything because it's not the simplest of beats even if it is very repetitive

I LOVE YOU

I just got Gold on DC, holy bananas that was a low cutoff.
I'll try Welcome Home next.

BootsMegamix  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 gold stars:

I think I'm Paranoid
Chop Suey

Take that for what it's worth.
RedSharkGuy  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly a lot of the time I like to go for some of the more difficult stuff first.. couple of examples, I got Down With the Sickness and Cherub Rock both before I got Any Way You Want It and I think those even preceded Carry on Wayward Son.

But then you might also just work your way up, as you'll build skills over those times that will translate into harder songs being made easier.

RedSharkGuy  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and if you have DLC and/or gotten your skills up enough, The Kill and Cherub Rock both have pretty easy GS cutoffs. I think The Kill is 144k or so (I have 185k), and Cherub Rock's is at like 211k or so (I have 250k).

On the other side though there are some ridiculously tough songs to GS out there too.. I haven't run into too many (Orange Crush took me to FC it before I got the GS though).

Ivan017  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some songs that are easy to FC/Gold Star that i've noticied.

The Middle
Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
CrushCrushCrush
Lump
Don't Stop Believing

Most of those i've FC'd and all i've Golded. And I wouldn't say i'm a great drummer at all.
Fernwilter  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan017 wrote:
Some songs that are easy to FC/Gold Star that i've noticied.

The Middle
Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
CrushCrushCrush
Lump
Don't Stop Believing

Most of those i've FC'd and all i've Golded. And I wouldn't say i'm a great drummer at all.

I've choked on the middle TWO TIMES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: