FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quick Reference for RB1 Overdrive Paths (On-Disc, 360/PS3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm..... That's really strange KEFIOX. I went back to the spreadsheet, tried a couple paths, but nothing really stood out. I found this video of a FC by elx with a note streak of 1097 - a 7 note difference from the top scores, so he probably squeezed a bass or something. Besides, I can't see how skipping fills could INCREASE your note streak... except in some really rare cases... I also don't see any places in the song where it might be possible that a note needs to be hit late to avoid a fill (all of the second phrases are too far away from the activation fills).

In summary, I dunno what the hell happened to cause your note streak to become so much lower xD What was your final score?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaterOfCheese wrote:
Hmm..... That's really strange KEFIOX. I went back to the spreadsheet, tried a couple paths, but nothing really stood out. I found this video of a FC by elx with a note streak of 1097 - a 7 note difference from the top scores, so he probably squeezed a bass or something. Besides, I can't see how skipping fills could INCREASE your note streak... except in some really rare cases... I also don't see any places in the song where it might be possible that a note needs to be hit late to avoid a fill (all of the second phrases are too far away from the activation fills).

In summary, I dunno what the hell happened to cause your note streak to become so much lower xD What was your final score?

This is exactly what I was thinking. How would skipping fills give you a higher note streak? Yet somehow my note streak was that 1065. At first I thought I was just being out-squeezed but I don't think it's possible to squeeze an extra 40 notes. My score was 136,775. I may have just wrote down the wrong number. I'll have to go and re-FC it to be sure though.

Edit: Apparently I had written down the right thing but it wasn't an FC. I must have had 100% and no FC because I just FC'd and got 141,375 with a 1098 note streak. Guess I'm just stupid and didn't notice I broke combo.

Edit #2: Actually now that I think about it I think I did FC but with a different path.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the path for highway star is 0-2-2-2-0-1
courtesy of IBitePrettyHard

Ice  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willay wrote:
looks like the path for highway star is 0-2-2-2-0-1
courtesy of IBitePrettyHard

Actually it was Phr34k. You beat me to the punch
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, fixed the path. Unfortunately, I don't have time to check if the squeezes are perfectly right now. I'll fix them tomorrow night or Saturday, but they're probably pretty accurate, most squeezes are just GO.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay can we please get rid of the 200100 path for welcome home? i think we've all proven it is a good 2k short of optimal. i fc'd it using 200100 and 20020 and i'm pretty close to the top score with the latter.
Prophet  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the last 2 in the Highway Star path isn't GO cause I just played this new path and broke my combo using that one. It's the only one I can remember at the time

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prophet wrote:
I know that the last 2 in the Highway Star path isn't GO cause I just played this new path and broke my combo using that one. It's the only one I can remember at the time

I went back to check the path, and realized I had an extra activation in there! >.< Anyways, it's gone now, and the right squeezes should once again be pretty much all GO :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually...I think that the activation should've been left in there. I'll go play to confirm but after the 1/GO I get enough OD to activate yet again. So I'm wondering if the path was translated correctly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, couple of things to say...

First off, Prophet, thanks for checking that out. If you DO find another activation at the end... I guess I'll PM Phr43k to find out what the final word is on the path.

Second, Constable has put up a bunch more videos for your viewing pleasure, they have already been linked to in the OP. If you want to know which the new ones are, check out the edits section at the bottom. Thanks Constable, you rock =D

Finally, I didn't realize this until today, but The Day Late, Dollar short path is missing an activation (it's just an empty space...). I went and checked the OD path thread for it, but it was still somewhat inconclusive, though I had said a while back that 0-0-0-1 was the optimal path. However, knowing how sketchy my pathing was back then, I repathed it... and came up with 1-0-1 (basically what centerstrain suggested, and he's in third place for the song by a few hundred). I think I'll change the path to 1-0-1 for now, but I'd definitely like some confirmation on this, as I still don't trust my spreadsheet... it's a weird song because it's so damn fast.

Edit: Apparently, I'm just stupid, and it was simply a formatting problem. I thought I still had the 0-0-0-1 path up, but I guess I switched it a while back and forgot to remove one of the dashes.

Last edited by EaterOfCheese on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EaterOfFromage
CreapyBEAR95  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that is a hard song to path ill check it out tommorow
CreapyBEAR95  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-0-1 is definately optimal it got me 10,000 more and made me be able to gold star it finally
KEFIOX  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn looks like I'm going to have to re-gold this with this new path.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEFIOX wrote:

What song are you talking about and what two songs don't you have 5 starred
KEFIOX  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CreapyBEAR95 wrote:
KEFIOX wrote:

What song are you talking about and what two songs don't you have 5 starred

I was referring to Day Late Dollar Short seeing as that's what you guys were talking about.

I don't have Outside or RttH 5 starred yet. I could probably get RttH I keep improving every time I play that but Outside just escapes me. I need like another 63,000 points to 5 star it and I can't even consistently 4 star it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: