FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Supercustom: Help write a custom song for Rock Band!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venim619  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verse 2:

Girl you used to mean so- much/ But now your shit - outta luck/ wasting both - of our time/ back to the end of the line/ Just waiting to move on, move on/ Try-ing to stop - thinking of you/ What with all the things you do/ I made check mate now what's your move/ move on, move on

The deffinition of shit awful if there was one but feel free to change it up or throw it to the side.
mdizzy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venim619 wrote:
Verse 2:

Girl you used to mean so- much/ But now your shit - outta luck/ wasting both - of our time/ back to the end of the line/ Just waiting to move on, move on/ Try-ing to stop - thinking of you/ What with all the things you do/ I made check mate now what's your move/ move on, move on

The deffinition of shit awful if there was one but feel free to change it up or throw it to the side.

I likey. One thing, I don't want language in the song so if you could tweak that one part in the song, I'll certainly add it, thanks. I've already tested the vocals on the 1st verse and it sounds pretty cool. I wanted to go with a sort of Queens Of The Stone Age sound, but it sounds better when I sing in my own voice, which resembles that of the guy from Godsmack.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could replace it with "just"?
Now you're just outta luck?

Edit: I think a name might be appearing. Move On?
mdizzy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venim619 wrote:
You could replace it with "just"?
Now you're just outta luck?

Edit: I think a name might be appearing. Move On?

That works. Also that name seems to fit perfectly, a definite candidate.

EDIT: I'm proud of you guys. All we need is the 3rd verse, which is half as long as the other 2, and we're done with vocals and then charting shall take place! I hope TheLonging has gotten my PM's. I have asked him to keep me updated, but ever since he said he'd do the drums I haven't heard back from him at all. We are all waiting for the drums so that the rest of the song can be charted. If I don't hear from him in a week I might have to find someone else.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still working on.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
mdizzy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
Still working on.

Thanks for the update. Take your time, just let me know from time to time how things are going so that I know that you are on it.

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could the lyrics be something like..
"Your no more use to me / your just a memory / let me leap from your grasp / out of our darkened past"

it kinda makes the melencholy song a wee bit sadder, but it think it would work.
I dunno where your gunna find a singer. i mean, i sing quite a lot and got into jr. districts twice, but i'm more accustomed to singing faster, more "old-fashioned" songs.
mdizzy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
could the lyrics be something like..
"Your no more use to me / your just a memory / let me leap from your grasp / out of our darkened past"

it kinda makes the melencholy song a wee bit sadder, but it think it would work.
I dunno where your gunna find a singer. i mean, i sing quite a lot and got into jr. districts twice, but i'm more accustomed to singing faster, more "old-fashioned" songs.

I like this. I like the leap from your grasp, that adds tactility and a sort of visualization of feeling. I'll vocalize this myself. Singing have always been my strongest musical talent. Expect to hear them soon.

Lyrics are now closed. I want to thank you guys for your contribution and will accredit you in every way I can think of because you all deserve it. I only hope that you experience the joy that I do when playing a custom song with your own creative content in it.

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdizzy wrote:

I like this. I like the leap from your grasp, that adds tactility and a sort of visualization of feeling. I'll vocalize this myself. Singing have always been my strongest musical talent. Expect to hear them soon.

Lyrics are now closed. I want to thank you guys for your contribution and will accredit you in every way I can think of because you all deserve it. I only hope that you experience the joy that I do when playing a custom song with your own creative content in it.

i'm so glad you like it, no matter how cheezy it may sound. (Hey, wait, aren't all songs kinda cheezy like that? I mean, when your just kinda "speaking" them?)

Personally, i think there should be another custom like this, but themed from metallica and slayer. i'll tell you, i would think up ALL the lyrics in a heartbeat (if the strums are fast enough, maybe even faster!).
mdizzy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
mdizzy wrote:

i'm so glad you like it, no matter how cheezy it may sound. (Hey, wait, aren't all songs kinda cheezy like that? I mean, when your just kinda "speaking" them?)

Personally, i think there should be another custom like this, but themed from metallica and slayer. i'll tell you, i would think up ALL the lyrics in a heartbeat (if the strums are fast enough, maybe even faster!).

Oh, if only you knew what I have planned next bwahahahah!!! If you seek my youtube account there you will find a clue to the answers you seek....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdizzy wrote:
Oh, if only you knew what I have planned next bwahahahah!!! If you seek my youtube account there you will find a clue to the answers you seek....

OMG just watched it! man, i think this is gunna be a bitch for some people to chart
Just please don't tell us to make lyrics like a dragonforce song, my brain is all-to-filled with screeching guitars and lyrics. i think, personally, that this should be something lyric based on metallica or slayer (as said before), and i'll pitch in all kinds of lyrics for your thoughts in about a week (after the actual post is up).
mdizzy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
mdizzy wrote:

OMG just watched it! man, i think this is gunna be a bitch for some people to chart
Just please don't tell us to make lyrics like a dragonforce song, my brain is all-to-filled with screeching guitars and lyrics. i think, personally, that this should be something lyric based on metallica or slayer (as said before), and i'll pitch in all kinds of lyrics for your thoughts in about a week (after the actual post is up).

Actually I'm not big on Dragonforce, a little too cheesy for me. No the body of the song will be stylized more like Megadeth than anything, since they are my favorite metal band of all time. It will be fast and a challenge to play.

EDIT: Oh, did you watch the Supercustom 3 video? Because Supercustom 1 already has lyrics. This thread here is for Supercustom 2 just so there is no confusion.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdizzy wrote:

Actually I'm not big on Dragonforce, a little too cheesy for me. No the body of the song will be stylized more like Megadeth than anything, since they are my favorite metal band of all time. It will be fast and a challenge to play.

EDIT: Oh, did you watch the Supercustom 3 video? Because Supercustom 1 already has lyrics. This thread here is for Supercustom 2 just so there is no confusion.

I'm so glad you're not doing a dragonforce-styled song, but i think megadeth's singer is too "tone-eccentric" for me. but that's my opinion.
I watched the one that was labled "supercustom 3 solo" with those uber-fast licks. man, that was so cool! i'm practicing guitar, but i'm not that good
mdizzy  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
mdizzy wrote:

I'm so glad you're not doing a dragonforce-styled song, but i think megadeth's singer is too "tone-eccentric" for me. but that's my opinion.
I watched the one that was labled "supercustom 3 solo" with those uber-fast licks. man, that was so cool! i'm practicing guitar, but i'm not that good

Thanks. I'll probably sing on all of them, but my vocals have always had a sterling reputation in the local musical community. I used to get offers from bands all the time, but I just never had the time to devote to a band. Anyways what I meant was that the guitars in the song will be Megadeth-ish while the vocals are my own. My metal voice is usually a mix of the guy from Godsmack, the guy from Tool, a little BLS and Soil, mixed with big throaty screams. That is the best way I can describe it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdizzy wrote:

Thanks. I'll probably sing on all of them, but my vocals have always had a sterling reputation in the local musical community. I used to get offers from bands all the time, but I just never had the time to devote to a band. Anyways what I meant was that the guitars in the song will be Megadeth-ish while the vocals are my own. My metal voice is usually a mix of the guy from Godsmack, the guy from Tool, a little BLS and Soil, mixed with big throaty screams. That is the best way I can describe it.

i'm kinda known like that, too. the only problem is that no one cares here and practically no one cares for rock and roll in my town anymore. (EXEPT ME!!) but, anyway, i can get a feeling of what it's gunna sound like, and i already think it'll be great.

p.s. -do you want me to create the post for this next one, or should you do it after this one's complete? i'm just so exited!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: