FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Compare Users is available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkcr wrote:
This is neat, though I've found a minor bug:

When comparing yourself to the top scores, if you have first the top score (along with other people), you don't necessarily come up as the community top.

It should always be showing whoever got the score first. If not, then hmmm...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkcr was right and that was indeed a bug.

Should be fixed now, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When comparing to the top scores, (x vox) DLC seems to be included as the career score i am comparing to is almost 29 million vs the 11 mil or so of the on disk songs. Bug or intentional?

JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a bug. Not including the DLC scores, but it was including all scores tied for 1st within the career songs.

Fixed, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When doing team comparisons and then putting a new username in one of the boxes, it's still trying to use the old teams which don't work if the new person is not a member of the team you were viewing of the old person (if that makes sense). I think the simplist fix would be making it force back to the Anonymous teams when either of the usernames is changed.

Maybe it'd make more sense with the steps to reproduce...
- Go to compare scores, and put "ajanata" and "Revelus" in the boxes.
- 360, 2-part, guitar+bass, expert.
- "cake, lie, etc. (LordMathias)" and "Code Monkeys (ajanata)".
- Change "Revelus" to "LordMathias" in the "Compare With" box.
- Get "Invalid team" error.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, I've changed it to default to Anonymous if a user is selected and the team is not valid. So if you change only one username it won't force both back to Anonymous, but only the user that was changed (unless the changed user happens to be a member on the team, in which case it'll remain selected).

Good job finding these bugs so quickly, let me know if anything else behaves unexpectedly.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy awesomeness :-)

Juggernaut7581 wrote:
VERY NICE, thank you very much!

I had to resort to writing a Java program that would do this for me, and I was about to implement a "Compare to Top Scores" feature, but now I don't have to!

Thanks again!

Lol, I did, too :-) Once I noticed the top scores page, I made it work with that, too (at least to a limited degree).
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Alonzo1948  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news for me. I was just recently thinking the rock band section needed this. Now I can finally compare myself with those round me. Good job team!
rkcr  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bug: On any page which actually shows comparison (i.e., once you've drilled through all the menus), the link to www.scorehero.com (i.e. the corner pic) stops working. The Firebug error I'm getting is: "__utmLinker is not defined." The link appears to work on all pages leading up to an actual comparison, but seems to fail on all pages once the data table is presented (I did not do a comprehensive test, though).
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Compare Users is available! Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
As a useful example, you can sort by "Spread" while comparing against the top scores to easily see which songs have the most room for improvement.
Damnit JC you are the KING!!! That is hands down the #1 thing I wanted, that will help me out SOOOO much! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good find, rkcr.

I had an end tag missing before the page footer that was causing javascript to generate errors on that link. Should be working now.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an awesome feature, thank you!

More competition is always good, hmm maybe not for our hands...
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this wont even show up for me i lose.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!!! I've been waiting for this one. I don't want to seem pushy, but will there eventually be an automatic star feature so I don't always have to hit 5 or 6 when I'm typing my scores?
sevin  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fantastic! I was using a spreadsheet to compare my scores to the top ones, but that was a pain in the ass, and I couldn't compare against specific users. Good work!!!

Damn, though, it just reminds me how far behind I am on a lot of songs. This is sure to make things more competitive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: