FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Underdog Drumming - The Greatest Challenge Ever of All Time
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briane  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Underdog Drumming - The Greatest Challenge Ever of All Time Reply with quote

Current Scoreboard:

Brian -659,370
Qirex - 666,095 (+6725)

Songs to be played (based on the first thread).

3rd: Reptilia - Brian 182,125 - Qirex 181,425
4th: Blitzkrieg Bop - Brian 134,775 - Qirex - 135,375
5th: Sabotage - Brian 102,975 - Qirex 109,075
6th: Welcome Home - Brian 239,495 - Qirex 240,220
7th: Train Kept a Rollin' - Scores Due June 8th, 9pm EST
8th: (Don't Fear) The Reaper
9th: Won't Get Fooled Again

Participation: Cool kids that aren't quitters.

Scoring system: Total cumulative score for 7 weeks.

I set the score entry time at a reasonable time of day (ideally) so that people aren't up til midnight on a Sunday trying to score snipe each other after they go to bed. You must have a picture up by 9pm est on the Sunday night of each week. (Partially motivated by the fact I get kicked off at 9pm as Desperate House wives apparently needs to be watched in HD.)

Last edited by Briane on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
qirex  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for formality's sake..

i'm in.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah count me in as well

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briane - interesting sidenote here, now that JC has implemented 'compare users' functionality..

Check this out:

I have the slightly better overall score, but you seem to have the edge on *songs that were picked for this rivalry.* (the biggest one coming from WGFA) And I know you didn't pick these songs -- they're leftover from someone else's choices - so I'm not trying to insinuate a "stacked deck" or anything . I just thought it was interesting.

I will say, right now, however, that my DFTR score *should* increase. I've apparently forgotten how to make my foot work towards the end, but the score I posted has "5 stars in BRE" in the comments. I've had 5-stars easily since, but failed out. Once I bite the bullet and go into practice mode I should improve on that.

One other side note - and not relevant to this topic, but sort of funny- I nearly failed with *gold* stars the other day on Ballroom Blitz. That offbeat bass at the end still messes me up. I finally stopped hitting the pedal at all to ensure I didn't die with gold stars.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qirex wrote:
Briane - interesting sidenote here, now that JC has implemented 'compare users' functionality..

Check this out:

I have the slightly better overall score, but you seem to have the edge on *songs that were picked for this rivalry.* (the biggest one coming from WGFA) And I know you didn't pick these songs -- they're leftover from someone else's choices - so I'm not trying to insinuate a "stacked deck" or anything . I just thought it was interesting.

I will say, right now, however, that my DFTR score *should* increase. I've apparently forgotten how to make my foot work towards the end, but the score I posted has "5 stars in BRE" in the comments. I've had 5-stars easily since, but failed out. Once I bite the bullet and go into practice mode I should improve on that.

One other side note - and not relevant to this topic, but sort of funny- I nearly failed with *gold* stars the other day on Ballroom Blitz. That offbeat bass at the end still messes me up. I finally stopped hitting the pedal at all to ensure I didn't die with gold stars.

I think I FCed that off-beat on my BB GS =/

Check the scores, I did some work tonight ;) Squeaked into he top 500 on XBL as well.

Unfortunately I can't play Reptilia for shit this week, sigh. The R+B+O lead ups own my combo, yet I can hammer through the chorus no prob.
qirex  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briane wrote:

Check the scores, I did some work tonight ;) Squeaked into he top 500 on XBL as well.

Unfortunately I can't play Reptilia for shit this week, sigh. The R+B+O lead ups own my combo, yet I can hammer through the chorus no prob.

nice job on the scores! I just discovered i"m having the same problem w/ the RBO parts, for no good reason. And of course, they're both OD sections

EDIT: Son of a bitch, I just hit both of them. 2 runs in a row. And missed like 10 random OTHER notes that I haven't missed tonight. Good enough for my best score, but not good enough to call a final/postworthy.

For what it's worth, if I lean back a ways (like, to the point where I'm 75% of the way to tipping over backwards), I can hit the RBO's more consistently, it appears. Might be worth a shot.. I can't say why it works, but it seems to help matters greatly. (for me, at least.)

Just don't tip over and crack your skull - that'll break your combo for sure.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I find on "hard" or fast parts I start to hunch forwards, which doesn't help at all. Sitting upright seems to make a big difference.

I have a league score for Reptilia for this week, but it's not great, and I didn't take a picture.

Might take a few more runs at it this weekend, I can't rely purely on the hopes that I can pull another good runof WGFA out of my arse ;)
Briane  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qirex wrote:

I have the slightly better overall score, but you seem to have the edge on *songs that were picked for this rivalry.*

Looking at this list, it's missing the 3 things that I tend to suck at:

1) 16th bass notes, doubles or triples (Nightmare, Epic, Cherub Rock, Tom Sawyer are all auto combo-breaks)
2) Red pad mashing (RTTH, Outside, OC, THTF, FP:LT)
3) Triplets (CLG, TTWH, ISS, FP:LT)

If I ever figured how to play a consistent, fast, RLRL, and 16th bass notes, I could probably hit 10 mil quickly. But I suck, so I don't have 10 mil. WGFA has no 16th kicks, a couple triples, and limited red pad mashing. I find it easier to hold a combo playing it than Outside, which makes no sense to me. The only part that kills me in WGFA is the very end of the loud part where it turns into a red/yellow/blue mash. I'll hold combo through the majority of that part, and then fail it at the end, /sadface.
qirex  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally hit the RBO's, but I missed in both red rolls.

Best I can get, though, without making it seem like "work". I did manage to sneak a gold out of it at the end.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat, can't hit those red rolls.

Trivial difference this week, I'm happy enough with this (career best).

qirex  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can out-phantom-note-squeeze me on this.. more power to ya. I'm pleased enough with this "tied for 15th on SH" score to call it a week.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice. That's going to be hard to beat, seeing as my arm falls off after a couple of runs.
Briane  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently you outsqueezed me, or back-end squeezed me, or I just screwed something up. Used a 0-1-0 path and got this which I'm not going back to fix, lol. If you want to make this week Sabotage I'm good with that, or we can wait a week.

qirex  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool with continuing onto Sabotage for this week, provided Phlippy78 doesn't come back with a score for Blitzkrieg sometime this week.

Also - I wasn't sure if it hit or not, but I *did* try for a simultaneous Blue+Green+Bass on the first activation (and used the same path as you). I suspect that's where the extra note came from, but I have no clue how that translated to 600 extra points...

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I say that I hate the two doubles on the red pad between the kicks, and the double kick part?

There are 6 total notes in this song that make it hard to FC, and the difference is about 7000+ points for missing that stuff.

/goes to learn how to do double kicks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: