FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/13 DLC (Sonic Youth, The Clash, Blondie)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat the Kool Thing drums on expert on my third try but goddamn was it a bitch. The fills absolutely killed me and my right arm is sore, but not my foot like after some songs. Your never stop moving fast, its incredibly fun.

Highly recommend Kool Thing for the drums alone.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the chart looks/is fun I won't be downloading Kool Thing, I absolutely hate that song. Btw great run Gurn.

On another note entirely, I will be picking up Train In Vain because I love that song, as well as The Clash. One can never have too much Clash.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: KEFIOX
MrBobb1  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEG AND DIA ON ROCK BAND!!!

yeah no exiting songs this week...always next week i suppose...

lol if their bringing back GH3 songs they need my name is Jonas =)
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I was going to get Kool Thing for the vox and guitar and bass. And to hear the song (flame away, I love the song).

and I always thought the drums sounded fun, but I never noticed the insane fills! Now I'm DEFINATELY getting it.

As a mainly-guitarist and not a huge clash fan, Train in Vain is a definate skip, at least unless I see some drum charts. Might get it then. Probably not though, seeing as I'm short on cash.

Same thing goes for the Blondie song.

TO THE YOUTUBECAVE, BATMAN!
Briane  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up Kool Thing, and that song is INTENSE on drums.

Failed a SR at 98% (lolz), then squeaked out a 4*.

Great chart, sort of like WGFA on speed.
Caboose1984  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quality of this week is all over the place.

Kool Thing: I like the guitar on this song....I don't really like anything else at all though (Kool Thing, sittin' with a kitty? Really?.....some of the worst lyrics ever)...I think I'll stick with GH3 (for the first and possibly only time ever) instead of spending $2 on this....Next.

Train In Vain: Pretty decent catchy song, but it does not translate well to a video game with plastic buttons...It's ridiculously boring. Shame too...because it really does sound okay.

Hanging On The Telephone: Pretty cool song. I know my friends are going to hate me for downloading it (particularly if one of them is singing ) but it sounds good and plays decently so I'm gonna get it anyway.

Probably a good thing I'm spending less on these weeks though. I need to save up for The Cars album and possibly the Euro songs...
The Rock Band Network is so potentially consequential that Harmonix went to great lengths to keep its development secret, including giving it the unofficial in-house code name Rock Band: Nickelback, on the theory that the name of the quintessentially generic modern rock group would be enough to deflect all curiosity.
Alonzo1948  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was excited about the clash song, but it doesnt look as fun as I thought it would be. On the other hand the blondie track surprised me. When I first heard it I thought it sound on ok, but it looks like a blast to play. I probably get it this thursday.
drewbles  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Train In Vain!! <3
yes!! forget the other 2 songs

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might get the clash song idk

GOALS
1. 10Million guitar- Im done with that shit
2. IDK ( )
2dxzeus  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow so people really don't like Kool Thing, huh? Personally, this was one of songs I enjoyed the most in GH3, its completely rock and roll. I did a search on YouTube for the drums and I can't believe how awesome they look. This song will have me occupied for a while.
Skysore  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaosChanneler wrote:
I'm really considering whether or not I want to buy these new songs. I really can't stand the songs themselves. especially Kool Thing but I have always gone for what looks like a good note chart compared to the actual song, so I will just wait and see when I get home to check out the vids. I just hope that next weeks song are a hell of a lot better then these.

im sorry but WHAT THE **** DO YOU SEE IN THE CLASH SONG???
700K TDWDTG [x]
Start Playing Again []
My Accomplishment Thread!
Check out my Youtube!
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand the immediate praise of this Clash song. It's a fairly catchy tune, I'll admit, but to me it doesn't have the punkish edge of the other clash songs. The drums look fun, but not particularly challenging, and the guitar could probably give Roxanne a run for easiest FC.

and Hanging on the Telephone still has no drum vids on youtube? wtf?
Guitar, oddly enough, considering it's a blondie song, looks to be quite possibly the most challenging of the week. As far as listenability goes, I prefer Call Me, which I didn't download (although I may if I get enough msp), so unless a drum vid shows up which shows them to rival the fun of Vasoline or GWTF (for me, anyways), I'll pass.

Kool thing goes straight to my hard drive as soon as I get the cash to buy some points after spending them all on the GH3 Muse pack...
luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
and Hanging on the Telephone still has no drum vids on youtube? wtf?

Thisthisthis. And let me just reiterate: WTF?

Edit: HA! Found a full band vid with X drums in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJa5KfW4Zh4

And my opinion is that the song sucks and the drum chart sucks (not saying it's poorly charted, just a boring looking song to play).
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
totalninja  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
I really don't understand the immediate praise of this Clash song. It's a fairly catchy tune, I'll admit, but to me it doesn't have the punkish edge of the other clash songs.

The Clash have never been typical punk, but especially London Calling seems to have a very heavy reggae and new wave influence. I was put off by it on first listen too, since I was expecting a straight up punk album, but if you keep an open mind it really is one of the greatest albums of all time.

I can see it getting trashed a lot around here because the charts are easy and repetitive, but I have no problem playing songs that are boring gameplay-wise with my friends, if we love the song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: