FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S9 - RB (360/PS3) Drum Twists League Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: S9 - RB (360/PS3) Drum Twists League Thread Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 9 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the 360/PS3 Open Difficulty Drum Twist leagues. With the new interface, there will no longer be actual threads for the results.

We are still sorting out who will be commissioning each league this season.

Week 1 Songs
Will be posted at the leagues page

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM EST (9PM PST). There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
Score - Note Streak and %.
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
This season, to facilitate score input, we will be usinghttp://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions. Score submission will go up at some point tonight, it may not be ready exactly at midnight.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as season 7. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.

Last edited by elx on Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Javman158  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see vasoline being too much of a problem. Wanted Dead or Alive, on the other hand....

cymbal wankery was annoying before, but now it's gonna be a real pain. Time to start memorizing.
stardf29  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL at being second-to-last on the Time We Had challenge. Looks like I suck at sucking.

I'm not even going to try for a high score on Wanted Dead or Alive... I'd be happy just to pass it...
Briane  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted DOA is HARD this way, holy crap. I'm worried about even passing it. The song has large amounts of wankery (cymbals and other parts) and isn't consistent like most tier 1 stuff =/

There's enough variety to make it tough to say the least.

I'm assuming no one is using a mirror or sheet music? ;)
luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have been really nice if the Leagues page hadn't fucked up on the last day, so I would actually have some scores in.

Oh, the irony...the submit button didn't work and I had to refresh.
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
flyndtmn22  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briane wrote:
Wanted DOA is HARD this way, holy crap. I'm worried about even passing it. The song has large amounts of wankery (cymbals and other parts) and isn't consistent like most tier 1 stuff =/

Yeah, what IS the ruling on this? Can we use a mirror or music chart? I mean, I assuming "No" to both, but the twists does only say "drums facing away...".
Briane  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyndtmn22 wrote:
Briane wrote:

Yeah, what IS the ruling on this? Can we use a mirror or music chart? I mean, I assuming "No" to both, but the twists does only say "drums facing away...".

I have to imagine that it defeats the purpose of the twist and would be frowned upon =/

I'm not looking forward to memorizing this song. Might just do medium or something so I don't fail.
Huntyr  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the "workarounds"

From the twists page...
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14651

Intent of the Twist Rule: For all twists the ultimate rule is that no variation on how you do the twist can be designed to defeat the intent of the twist. So for any twist if you are thinking of some way to do it that might make it easier to ‘get around’ the twist then chances are that’s not allowed.

Performance Mode – Song must be played in performance mode, which removes both the fret board and the HUD. You may practice the song outside of performance mode, but any score you submit must be achieved in performance mode. You may not play while looking at a note chart on the computer or a note chart that you have printed out (however you can print out a notechart for the practice, just make sure it is flipped over or otherwise gone during any runs where you are counting the score). NTSC Code: YYBYYOYY. PAL Code: YYOYYBYY 360 Code: ??

I'm assuming that this weeks twist is based on Performance mode, and that since there is no performance mode on the 360 (that I know of, anyway), this is the alternative. This is based on guitar, but I would think that the same rules apply.

Sucks too, because I'm doubting I can finish this one, based on the first couple of tries.

Good luck all.
Briane  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense, thanks for posting that.

Rather than spinning my kit though, I just turned off the tv as my audio comes through an amp. Same effect really.
flyndtmn22  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briane wrote:
That makes sense, thanks for posting that.

Rather than spinning my kit though, I just turned off the tv as my audio comes through an amp. Same effect really.

ditto
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent all week trying to memorize this.

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
TNTX  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the signups, which makes me sad seeing Drums Twists. However, can we get each round's songs and twists for each week? I'd like to play along outside of the league and see how I compare with everyone else.
Look no further!

BNSClub.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Zero0920
laconic  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1:
Electric Version [Opposite Foot for Bass]
Time We Had [Less Than 90% Total Notes Hit]

Week 2:
Wanted DoA [Blind]
Vasoline [No Sound]

Week 3:
Blitzkrieg Bop [One Stick]
Timmy & the Lords of the Underworld [Lefty Flip]
Briane  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many 0's for performance mode. I gave up after a few tries...
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww man... I wish I'd done this!

I've done Dead On Arrival blind before (blindfolded - literally, for fun) and managed to JUST squeeze out a five star run!

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: