FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S9 - RB (360/PS3) - Guitar/Drums Duet League Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: S9 - RB (360/PS3) - Guitar/Drums Duet League Thread Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 9 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the 360/PS3 Guitar/Drum Duet Open Difficulty leagues. With the new interface, there will no longer be actual threads for the results.

We are still sorting out who will be commissioning each league this season.

Week 1 Songs
Will be posted at the leagues page

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM EST (9PM PST). There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
Score - Note Streak and %.
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
This season, to facilitate score input, we will be usinghttp://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions. Score submission will go up at some point tonight, it may not be ready exactly at midnight.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as season 7. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.
Akumu  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll be playing with my friend (-Hunter-) for this one in our (band) Khaos.

DL,DS: No clue. Never heard it, played it. Yea. Hunter may do th3e drums for this one but..... idk.

RTTH: Easier level for drums here. Unless I can get the beat down. Hunters a little too crazy on the drums so I may drum this.

Overall: This will be a weird week.
hyperventilation  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the score submission, there's only one percentage and note streak box. how does that work for two people?
Fedora  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I facepalmed when I finally realized that the OD in DL,DS lasts four measures per activation.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Akumu  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoe does entering score work for this league? It's quite confusing.
Str0kN  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took the highest percent and streak from the two of us and put those in. Not much else you can do...
emptyset  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in this league with Jason2890, we each entered our duet score and then our individual instrument %/streaks.

This is a little messy/confusing, though, because we don't have anywhere to indicate which instrument each team member is on, or what difficulty we're doing, which is fairly important since it's an open-difficulty league. And good thing it's open-difficulty, considering last week's songs.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
I'm in this league with Jason2890, we each entered our duet score and then our individual instrument %/streaks.

This is a little messy/confusing, though, because we don't have anywhere to indicate which instrument each team member is on, or what difficulty we're doing, which is fairly important since it's an open-difficulty league. And good thing it's open-difficulty, considering last week's songs.

wait u mean we could have done hard drums for rtth?

damn cause i played expert drums and im pretty sure we could have gotten a better score with me on hard
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davesterio wrote:
emptyset wrote:

wait u mean we could have done hard drums for rtth?

damn cause i played expert drums and im pretty sure we could have gotten a better score with me on hard

Heh, that's how we took 2nd on RTTH this week to empty/jason- hard guitar/medium drums, plus a lot of pathing, and 400K was ours. Congrats to empty and jason for a great round of domination though, nice double FC on DL,DS.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:

The difficulty isn't important, it doesn't affect the scoring, and neither does who plays what, really. The scores are compared as-is, the only difference being that when you play X it's possible to get more points.
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does only one team member enter the scores, or do both have to?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, not a lot of discussion in this thread at all.

Anyway, Jason and I are both very satisfied with our scores on ITIP and TKAR this week after being unable to play together last week. He was about ready to put his head through a wall watching me practice the TKAR solos but fortunately I ended up having a pretty solid run on his best drum run.

It's also a good thing we're satisfied with our scores, because my THIRD kick pedal is now in two pieces, with a break at a completely different spot than the other two. The RMA's already in progress so hopefully we'll get to enter scores next week.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, due to time demands, The Higher Consciousness will likely not be submitting scores this week, and doubtful for next week.

It's been fun, but with the upcoming move to LA, wouldn't be able to do playoff stuff anyway if we made it.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id love to see a bunch of you guys in this league push Juggernaut and I to go back and redo some of the songs we got first on but never bothered to path for maximum score. We still have to enter in the rest of the ondisc list b4 we do but get out there and beat us! guitar/drums leaderboard lacks a whole lot of rivalry

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
emptyset  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, 1st on both songs this week! Jason and I had a pretty great run of TKAR so I'm glad that we were able to get 1st on that. This week should be interesting though...29F is a path/squeezefest and Don't Fear the Reaper, well, I don't think squeezes will really be on our mind for that one. Good luck to everyone this week!

Fedora wrote:
Unfortunately, due to time demands, The Higher Consciousness will likely not be submitting scores this week, and doubtful for next week.

It's been fun, but with the upcoming move to LA, wouldn't be able to do playoff stuff anyway if we made it.

Ah, sorry to hear that. I'm surprised this league didn't have more submissions, I really thought it would have. Oh well, good luck with the move though, that's far more important.

BowlZ wrote:
id love to see a bunch of you guys in this league push Juggernaut and I to go back and redo some of the songs we got first on but never bothered to path for maximum score. We still have to enter in the rest of the ondisc list b4 we do but get out there and beat us! guitar/drums leaderboard lacks a whole lot of rivalry

Jason and I would like to do just that, in fact, we beat your I Think I'm Paranoid score last week for this league. However, when your kick pedal seems to be breaking at least once a month from, um, playing on Expert (grr), it's tough to compete in any way whatsoever. I should be getting a new one this week though, so expect some new scores from us on the leaderboards soon.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: