FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S9 - RB DLC (360/PS3) Drums - Open Difficulty League Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: S9 - RB DLC (360/PS3) Drums - Open Difficulty League Thread Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 9 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Drum DLC Open Difficulty leagues. With the new interface, there will no longer be actual threads for the results.

We are still sorting out who will be commissioning each league this season.

Week 1 Songs
Will be posted at the leagues page

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM EST (9PM PST). There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
Score - Note Streak and %.
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
This season, to facilitate score input, we will be usinghttp://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions. Score submission will go up at some point tonight, it may not be ready exactly at midnight.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as season 7. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.
luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that the DLC Drums league was going to be open difficulty? Thread says expert. Doesn't matter to me just wanted to point it out.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the leagues
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
Javman158  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week will be made or broken by how I can handle that OD in the Bass/Red happy funtime section in Shockwave. Here's hoping I can actually hit it consistently with some practice.
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was running through my first scores when I drumstick broke and the tip went flying during shockwave. They were these really nice Vater 5A's too, I'm going to have to go out tomorrow and buy some more.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really excited about this league, but I have a feeling that even if I FC everything on Hard (which I might) I'm still gonna get my ass kicked by those on expert.
luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, it looks like Brass in Pocket is gonna be the real quencher here. It might take me as many as one tries to FC it...

Seriously though..do you think I should learn to squeeze for the leagues for songs like this? I've tried and failed miserably at that in the past, but I don't see how I can possibly compete on the easier songs unless I figure out how to squeeze :/
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
laconic  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think squeezing will be a major factor on easy songs like Brass in Pocket. The more people that can FC a song, the more those 200 points are gonna help you take a lead. If you get in first and the next 10 people tie for second, that's going to be a large points gap in the league. Though there are still three other songs to worry about.
Javman158  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laconic wrote:
I think squeezing will be a major factor on easy songs like Brass in Pocket. The more people that can FC a song, the more those 200 points are gonna help you take a lead. If you get in first and the next 10 people tie for second, that's going to be a large points gap in the league. Though there are still three other songs to worry about.

I gotta agree, especially with 4 songs that are FCable by many people (even Timmy has over 10 people with FCs I think), there's gonna be a lot of close matches. Even though there's gonna be fewer ties in Timmy due to the BRE, those extra 200-800 points can still be a big deal.

I'm curious to see how many ties there are on BiP, even if you get the 3rd or 4th highest score you may only get 30 points for it.
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a problem with Brass in a Pocket scores:

Quote:
1 BotD 1,152,450 99% 540 streak 100.00

Unless he played it in a full band that score is impossible, and no way should a typo (hopefully that's what it is) give someone a first place score. Especially when they didn't even fc it.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that lack of a Shockwave FC was gonna bite me in the end. Good job someguy, I'll see if I can force my kit to survive one more week with it's broken blue pad and hopefully not lose any more ground.
someguy913  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Javman. Hopefully your TD6-V kit (which is a great module, by the way) will be here soon. I remember all too well the frustration of frantically trying to get your kit in working order for leagues. This will definitely be an interesting season, either way.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rant Time....

FFFFFFFFUUUUCC........ Off Simple Man

Simple f'ing song, notes keep f'ing dropping.
f**k this. I'm done.
Last place, whatever, f**k Skynyrd anyways.
NIB was the only fun one this week for me....

balls. I'm going to the lake now to cool off

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell... how did I take 1st again this week.... /me slaps someguy913
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
someguy913  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phr34k wrote:
What the hell... how did I take 1st again this week.... /me slaps someguy913

You know you just wanted to slap me because you didn't get to when I FCed Train in Vain on stream.

Yeah, my scores have been lacking overall in all my leagues recently... I didn't even submit for One-man Band. No one's fault but my own, I've just had a lot of real life-stuff to take care of/deal with lately. Stupid real life, keeps getting in the way of the more fun virtual life...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
BotD  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
We have a problem with Brass in a Pocket scores:

Quote:
1 BotD 1,152,450 99% 540 streak 100.00

Unless he played it in a full band that score is impossible, and no way should a typo (hopefully that's what it is) give someone a first place score. Especially when they didn't even fc it.

Don't check the forums much, sorry it took me this long to catch this post.

I've been submitting scores on a new laptop with a layout I'm not used to. The score should have been 115,450, the 2 was just a random extra keystroke that I didn't catch. I've basically been giving the league songs a single run to get a score since I don't have much time to play anymore, so I didn't get a chance to improve or notice a misplaced 7 digit score. Sorry

If it matters I snapped a picture of my top recorded score on my 360 profile showing 115,450. I'm cool with this score just getting nuked, I'd rather not get kicked out altogether (if I haven't already ) but after taking this long to notice I understand if that's the case.

http://www.pumpcore.com/images/guitarhero/brassinpocket.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: QTaunt
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: