FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S9 - RB (360/PS3) One Man Band - Open Diff League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dore  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope every week is like this (with one difficult instrument and everything else middle of the road). Except with better music.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree, the balance for this song is actually not too bad. I'm playing two experts and two hard instruments, so it balances nicely, though may switch down to Medium for drums...

Having this song in the Hard Drum league just adds to the annoyance of it, though.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
Dodobird  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damnit. The green pad on my drums ceased functioning. And I don't feel like re-soldering the wire I already soldered once, since it would take a herculean effort to take the drums apart (again) after what I did to put them back together. (it involved superglue, plexiglass, and zip ties)

Guess I'll have to bow out of this one and the drums twists league.

Damn.
dore  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An RMA should get you going by next round at least.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine that a lot of people will have trouble with the drums... This song is terribly hard on drums. I think it's fun, though,
Shiral446  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I got this song figured out. Just for pride purposes I did expert everything but singing, I'm just not a vocalist.

This is a decent song though. i can't wait for next week.
Dodobird  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dore wrote:
An RMA should get you going by next round at least.

The green pad literally snapped off (the drums took a fall - don't ask why >.>), so I soldered the wires back together and used some super glue to hold it on to the rest. Thankfully, I didn't glue the plexiglass / zip ties that help hold it on.

But still, do you think they'd accept that? The damn thing snapped off, and there's still solder on the wires. I'd do it if they would, but still, "We cannot accept returns of certain items that have any evidence of abuse beyond the normal usage", and I don't want to be charged. >.<
dore  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get an express RMA then return the one they shipped you lol

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the coolest league.

Too bad I'm still waiting on my RMA pedal that was supposed to be here 3 business days ago. I may not get a drum score at all. Or I'll play on easy and hope that I don't fail missing the entirety of the bass notes.

How's this song on vocals for people? I personally love this band, but it's gotta be one of my worst vocals songs. The high notes are too high for me, and if I drop an octave the low notes are too low. So I try and switch octaves like crazy and run out of breath. Hopefully I can get a better score than the one I have now, though.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster wrote:
This is the coolest league.

Too bad I'm still waiting on my RMA pedal that was supposed to be here 3 business days ago. I may not get a drum score at all. Or I'll play on easy and hope that I don't fail missing the entirety of the bass notes.

How's this song on vocals for people? I personally love this band, but it's gotta be one of my worst vocals songs. The high notes are too high for me, and if I drop an octave the low notes are too low. So I try and switch octaves like crazy and run out of breath. Hopefully I can get a better score than the one I have now, though.

Yeah I switch octaves like 4 or 5 times during the chorus, heh... I think I've gotten it down though.
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster wrote:

It's not the easiest for me either. I actually started on medium for vocals, but then moved up to test the waters on higher difficulties. The chorus is definitely the hardest part though, and the line that fcphantom mentioned...yikes. I'd agree that whilst it's not in the Foreplay/Longtime league, it's certainly a tough song on vocals to get down at first. I find it tougher on drums though! =P

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
Farlus  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though the song is tough, it was really fun to play on every instrument.
jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar is taunting me here...

going back to the practice mat today on it, and hopefully get a more desirable result.

Drums - H (I can do X just fine, but can't beat the H score)
Vocals - H (I can do X just fine, but can't beat the H score)

So, as I was reading in this a little, Total Score is what this is strictly based on?

Maybe a side note to elx/Deimos - with our Pre-League version of this OMB nivlac and I started, we have been spotlighting instruments, and also keeping track and stats for all instrument sub-results.
I never did get any feedback on what anyone thought about this way of managing this type of league - and we are curious to see what the admins think. Again, People LOVE stats, and being able to break it down by instrument would be a very nice addition.
Can still base off Overall Score across all instruments, but wouldn't it be cool to see where you stand on each section?

Anyhow, if you haven't already, please take a peak: http://rockband.awardspace.com best to look at week 4 results and standings links (also gave awards).

If this league is successful, which i can't imagine it won't be - we should look to expand management of the scores to something like what we have done. More work i know, but again, just looking at that long results page to see where i fall in the overall is a little lacking in something like this - would like to see how i am doing competition-wise on each instrument.

Thoughts i have shared before the leagues started, but again, never really had any response to these ideas, and being bias - i really want this to take off and be the most fun possible.

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things to be angry at:
Damn Solo, seems to be off rhythm
Damn Vocals, I got a great X score, and can't hit it again.
Drums. That is all.
jangemeer  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally pulled off an expert drum run higher than my hard score...I haven't even touched guitar/bass/vox yet lol, I'll probably do vox on hard, the other two on expert. Drums weren't too bad after going through it in practice mode at 50%
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: