FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S9 - RB (360/PS3) Vocals - Expert League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tysonconner  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha, yes you can! sorry about that.

oh, you wont have to worry about it kawigi. ;) bwhahaha!
aroeske  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyson... I've been wondering... do you have an xbox live account? Or do you just post your scores on here? I wanted to look you up in previous weeks, but had no idea what your gamertag might be!

If you want it to remain a secret... I'll understand.
[ ] Gold Stars 53/56
[x] Top 25 XBL (May 08)
MACGYVERRRRRRRRR  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aroeske wrote:
Great! No pressure there at all, right?!

I can't get my husband off the drums... I'll be up late again tonight TRYING to beat Mac's score... is this as pointless as I'm seeing it?

(I love how we talk about him as if he isn't a regular in this forum at all.)

How you doing Mac? Please say you're having no luck with this song! Or even better yet... that your box refuses to let you select this song for play! Can't submit a score... you're disqualified! YAY I WIN!

Man I'm having no luck with this song*

*Honesty not guaranteed
aroeske  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grr! This song is so flippin' aggravating! Everytime I do horrible on a squeeze I want to scream at someone... or throw something. Which by the way... neither of those two things seem to help me feel any better about sucking! I'll be on again tonight... TRYING to match your score...

So far I've only thought of coming close once... and this is how close I was.. lol. I had an AWESOME first squeeze... and then I missed the second activation... NOT very close huh?!
[ ] Gold Stars 53/56
[x] Top 25 XBL (May 08)
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aroeske wrote:
Tyson... I've been wondering... do you have an xbox live account? Or do you just post your scores on here? I wanted to look you up in previous weeks, but had no idea what your gamertag might be!

If you want it to remain a secret... I'll understand.

I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but since his existing score on this song is so high, it doesn't reveal much to me unless he beats that score, in which case I'm probably screwed anyways :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
aroeske  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think I may have figured it out... but we may or may not be talking about the same person. I believe his friend appeared in here to give input on a situational glitch... or just the glitch.

Are we getting close Tyson?!
[ ] Gold Stars 53/56
[x] Top 25 XBL (May 08)
tysonconner  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my gamertag is GregPaulusBlows.

i usually dont do my stuff online and haven't for quite a long time.

just for validation (not that i was accused of lying anyway) i take pictures of every score of mine that i beat and every score that iv'e posted here in league. i'm not permanently hooked up online all the time and it's a hassle to do it so i just dont worry about it.

and yeah, the infamous billtvshow and i are best friends and live about 2 miles from each other. he's the biggest reason i'm actually any good at this. especially the squeezing aspects.

if he's the one you're referring to.
aroeske  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is who I was referencing... I'm sure he's very understanding anytime you need help, also. It's always nice to have someone you can go to with your questions... especially when he's pretty much mastered what you're working on.

I understand the internet thing... for a while our router was down so I know what it's like to have to hookup the box everytime you want to play online. In fact, we live in a two story so we had to run a cable from our modem up stairs, down the stairs and into the living room. It was QUITE annoying.

Now I better get home... I only have so much time left to fail at beating Mac's score!
[ ] Gold Stars 53/56
[x] Top 25 XBL (May 08)
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this morning's couple of runs (mostly while simultaneously feeding my son a bottle) were pretty constructive. Up to then, I wasn't consistently hitting the "now come on babe" phrase, which is pretty much the most important squeeze in the song, a phrase that I've heard of people having trouble with, but never a real problem phrase for me.

What I think I discovered (which both helped me hit the phrase consistently and squeeze it better) is make sure that I cut off the "Now" before saying "come on" (or "c'mon" in most cases). I'd just make a glottal stop or even take a short breath at the end of "now".

Anyways, the result was my new 223527 score, first place on Xbox Live. Also, I'm pretty sure at 40-ish more points are possible on that score. If I remember right, my first squeeze on my best run was 3268, and I think my next run I got more than 3300.

Anyways, hope next week's song is one I'm ridiculously good at, because I'm not sure I can keep beating people at songs they're good at :-p
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
aroeske  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Kawigi... and of course Mac even though you just knocked me out of the playoffs!

I think I had two runs where I managed the "ultimate" squeeze on the 2nd activation, but both times my first one was... well... not so good.

Anyway... Good luck in the next round... have they posted the new song yet?! Wondering what you guys are gonna be battling on now!
[ ] Gold Stars 53/56
[x] Top 25 XBL (May 08)
MACGYVERRRRRRRRR  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffragette City

oooh how
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, great job to you both. i actually went into the tourney thinking "man, assuming i make the playoffs, i hope i get flirtin' with disaster considering it is my favorite song on the game and i am really good (lucky) at it. but then when it actually came i along i quickly realized that it's probably not a good thing.

like kawigi said before.....it's all about the 2nd squeeze (talky). although you can ruin a good 2nd squeeze with poor 1st and 3rd's. and like i thought....all it took was one good run where you just rip the "now come on babe" and you're golden.

i ended up with 223, 415. which i figured would either be more than enough for far short. unfortunately, it was the later.

btw, kawigi. that's exactly how i go about hitting that phrase and getting a good score on it.

i'm going on vacation this week to key west, so it's probably a good thing i didn't win. now i wont have to worry about anything. i actually came verrrry close to not posting a score vs. bizcaf and even closer against kawigi because i didn't think it would be fair to them if i only gave minimal efforts against the assumed finalist (mac) and they didn't get a chance go really go after it. but the best 2 people (for right now. ;) came out on top.

great job everyone!
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:

And I just want to tell you Deja Vu. And that the results are already posted :-p

Congrats, Macgyver! I knew that neither of us had broken your old high score on this song, so I was hoping that I just came closer to it than you. Looks like I was 28 points short :-) Maybe we should have had Flirtin With Disaster this week ;-)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: