FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S9 - RB (360/PS3) Vocals - Expert League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tysonconner  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got the 2nd activation about 10 times....but only got the fc once....unfortunately, they weren't in the same run and i got extremely aggravated and sick of doing it. so, it didn't really matter.

aroeske, i'm right there with you. i'm scared to death of not doing well even though i have plenty of scores (not posted on score hero) to prove otherwise. i kinda did all my on the last day and didn't do any real squeezing. hopefully i can get into the playoffs and surprise somebody there. *hopefully*
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
disappointed i didnt get Cant Let Go FC

Orange Crush was 1st try

DOA was first try but i expect top 3

THTF can screw itself

Pretty much exactly my results as well. Except my DOA score wasn't first try.

As per this week, I can FC three of them... I'll try my best on the fourth one, though.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this should be interesting... I just gave up on Gimme Shelter and decided to work on other songs because it's so impossible for me... I guess that boycott just came to a hault.

The one week I'm going to be out of town... it has to be Gimme Shelter... this should be fun. I'm going to wrip my hair out by Wednesday!
[ ] Gold Stars 53/56
[x] Top 25 XBL (May 08)
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first-try'ed everything for this first week except for Orange Crush. I'm thinking about trying something with the second activation in THTF -- I'll bug-test it eventually.

This week's songs are a lot more reasonable: two songs with a theoretical maximum should make the scores a lot more even this time around. It also helps that I like the last two songs, so I'll definitely try harder this week.

Post-Score-Posting-Update: Not bad for me this week with three first-try attempts. I'll definitely try harder this week, LOL. =D
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
bisq  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well unfortunately 3 of my 4 scores don't show up even though It said my score was received every time. I probably would have been around 4th or 5th place but now I will probably not bother continuing.

Edit: looks like they may fix the problem with my scores so perhaps I better get going on this week

Last edited by bisq on Mon May 12, 2008 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

highest ranked NON-FC of OC in the league ^__^
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE TOYMACHINE FTW

lol

Anyways.

DOA 1st place, shit on everything else lol

Im going to try for the Gimme Shelter FC. Try

Im expecting Top 3 on Paranoid, T-1st on Brainpower, and top 10 in Enter Sandman (as long as I can hit the YEAH once)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
bisq  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm....my best score for gimme shelter is 96% so I may be in trouble there

Last edited by bisq on Mon May 12, 2008 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
aroeske  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the lesson this week guys...

Week 1 Lesson:
When you think you have squeezed enough, you have not! Therefore... try harder because you're not getting as much as everyone else out of the song!

Gimme Shelter-
I suck at this song. I cannot hit the "It's just a shot away"s or the "Yeah"s. Correction... I have hit the "Yeah"s ONCE, but I slaughtered the rest of the song so badly that it wasn't worth finishing the song. I will be listening to the YouTube videos non-stop until I can at least beat my already pathetic best score.

This should be an interesting week. Good luck to those of you who need it... for the rest of you... you make me sick!
[ ] Gold Stars 53/56
[x] Top 25 XBL (May 08)
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
... Enter Sandman (as long as I can hit the YEAH once)

Just get as much as the singing part in that phrase and you should be okay. My problem in that tune are the two or three phrases after that one.

I'm overly satisfied with the first week. I didn't break the top 3 on DOA. D= But whatevs. I'll take it. Hopefully I can squeeze moar and bump my rank up this week.

My strategy for this week is to get the easy three songs then work on the hard one for the rest of the week.

I'm still not saying which one is which.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aroeske wrote:
Thanks for the lesson this week guys...

Week 1 Lesson:
When you think you have squeezed enough, you have not! Therefore... try harder because you're not getting as much as everyone else out of the song!

Gimme Shelter-
I suck at this song. I cannot hit the "It's just a shot away"s or the "Yeah"s. Correction... I have hit the "Yeah"s ONCE, but I slaughtered the rest of the song so badly that it wasn't worth finishing the song. I will be listening to the YouTube videos non-stop until I can at least beat my already pathetic best score.

This should be an interesting week. Good luck to those of you who need it... for the rest of you... you make me sick!

I thankfully already had a pretty good idea that your week 1 lesson was true.

I guess it was a good week for me, 2 first-places (both ties). One of them I was expecting, the other I wasn't. Orange Crush was weird for me, it seemed like both squeezes were very fluid when the first one shouldn't have been - activating late it mattered how late, and even though the phrase at the end of the first activation is all one note (should be able to nail it), I rarely got the same score twice at the end of it.

Thanks to the even-ness of the playing field (none of vh or bill's masterful squeezing on every song), that's good enough to net me first place so far. If we were going by just total score across all songs, I think Wedge would be the winner (awesome score on THTF, btw!) This next week will definitely be different in a lot of ways, particularly that the range of difficulties is expanded (ok, sure, Can't Let Go is kind of hard, but definitely not as hard to FC as Gimme Shelter).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Kuznagi  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
cdylan13 wrote:
... Enter Sandman (as long as I can hit the YEAH once)

Just get as much as the singing part in that phrase and you should be okay. My problem in that tune are the two or three phrases after that one.

I'm overly satisfied with the first week. I didn't break the top 3 on DOA. D= But whatevs. I'll take it. Hopefully I can squeeze moar and bump my rank up this week.

My strategy for this week is to get the easy three songs then work on the hard one for the rest of the week.

I'm still not saying which one is which.

For the singing part after the YEAH in enter sandman, try to sing early to align your arrow its not too bad, like a harder version of the 'WOO SEND ME phrase in WYWY'. I usually suck at the YEAH phrase too at least its less annoying than the YEAH in RTTH

As I can see from my results this week I'm not the best squeezer AT ALL, I will rely on FCing everything the leagues throws at me (proly except Sabotage/Timmy cuz that was a 1 shot FC LOL), and hope for the best.

PS3 - 10.19.08 | 360 - 10.01.08
#1 PS3 Vocals - 10.19.08 -> 11.19.08
Psychodelic Byrds Tribute To Squidy - RIP =(

PB Full Band Videos, now with AC/DC! - http://www.youtube.com/user/kuznagi
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: kuznagi PSN Name: kuznagi
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I think I got the three easy scores today. I might try to get the optimal score on one but I just can squeeze it out, and I need to squeeze way more points out of another but I'm having problems. Fairly satisfied, though. I have one first in the bag, though, unless a better path emerges.

The fourth... let's just say that it needs work.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
Alright I think I got the three easy scores today. I might try to get the optimal score on one but I just can squeeze it out, and I need to squeeze way more points out of another but I'm having problems. Fairly satisfied, though. I have one first in the bag, though, unless a better path emerges.

The fourth... let's just say that it needs work.

Yep, that last song will bring in quite a range of scores I think - only three people participating in the league have ever FCed it. I'm not sure about the other two, but I definitely don't get that FC regularly myself.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:

Thanks to the even-ness of the playing field (none of vh or bill's masterful squeezing on every song), that's good enough to net me first place so far. If we were going by just total score across all songs, I think Wedge would be the winner (awesome score on THTF, btw!) This next week will definitely be different in a lot of ways, particularly that the range of difficulties is expanded (ok, sure, Can't Let Go is kind of hard, but definitely not as hard to FC as Gimme Shelter).

Thanks! I was really surprised when I hit that 2nd activation.... and I can't believe I managed to outsqueeze Bill

I'll be trying alot harder this week (last week I did most of my stuff only once or twice) so watch out everyone...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: