FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S9 - RB (360/PS3) Vocals - Expert League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bisq wrote:
I tell you, nothing is more frustrating than getting what you think is a great run on a song only to see someone in the league just entered a score that beats yours by 16 pts

You can have that one nameless person, I'm not going to sing DOA again...I need to work on can't let go.

Haha, but I think that's pretty much the nature of league play. Just hope that multiple people don't get that score that's 16 points higher than yours.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
de1337ed  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too angersome to hit that second THTF activation. Someone make a video......

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly all the top vocalists on xbox didnt enter this time but entered the other ones instead =p, Squeezefests isnt fun after a while, but twists and volcatar... now thats fun =o

I wanna see who wins this league thou , good luck to you all!
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in this league as motivation to FC songs that I wouldn't have before, and to bump my rank on XBL leaderboards.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
I'm in this league as motivation to FC songs that I wouldn't have before, and to bump my rank on XBL leaderboards.

Same here. Though it's not as much fun with alot of the top vocalists missing...

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmswedge wrote:
BizCasFri wrote:

Same here. Though it's not as much fun with alot of the top vocalists missing...

I guess we'll find out at the end of round one just how many top vocalists we're talking about.

I don't need any motivation to FC songs I haven't yet (I'm a competitor and completionist by nature, and I will FC the rest of them dang it!). I like the motivation to find newer more awesome paths on songs though, and the encouragement to squeeze those last points out of songs I'm already good at is probably good for me, too (but I've had pretty good squeezes on at least two of these songs before - hope I can repeat those and improve the others). Mostly, though, I just want to compete :-)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THTF is soo bad on vocals.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
pmswedge wrote:
BizCasFri wrote:

I guess we'll find out at the end of round one just how many top vocalists we're talking about.

I don't need any motivation to FC songs I haven't yet (I'm a competitor and completionist by nature, and I will FC the rest of them dang it!). I like the motivation to find newer more awesome paths on songs though, and the encouragement to squeeze those last points out of songs I'm already good at is probably good for me, too (but I've had pretty good squeezes on at least two of these songs before - hope I can repeat those and improve the others). Mostly, though, I just want to compete :-)

Well I know for sure that neither Tobias nor Violinhero are competing this time around. I'm not entirely sure about the rest though...

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not, it's partially because it's so repetitive / it's the same old songs and partially because I know I have a tourney coming up on another site soon (not RB related).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Billtvshow
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did register, but I'm probably not gonna play. Squeezing/talkies are getting frustrating.
I think I'll focus on MC! for now.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I entered, but my round 1 scores are extremely lazy, so don't expect much from me. =P
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disappointed i didnt get Cant Let Go FC

Orange Crush was 1st try

DOA was first try but i expect top 3

THTF can screw itself
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
bisq  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so now that the deadline is passed, can I ask if anyone got THTF second activation?

I managed to hit it the very first time I tried for it but alas was short of gold. I was thinking 'wow this isn't so hard, what's the problem??'...So I thought I'd try it again to get the gold. Let's just say I tried it again...and again...and again...and again...finally said screw it. Dunno how I did it so easy the first time.

Its funny with can't let go it seemed a phrase would give me problems. I'd work on it and get it down then all of a sudden out of nowhere another phrase would start getting me. I'd get that one down then another one I'd done fine before would start messing me up. Like some stupid whack-a-mole game. Took some patience but I'm happy with the outcome.

My other ones were pretty much first run through. I did a pretty bad job of squeezing DOA but whatever...
aroeske  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a great lack of confidence in myself... I'm terrified of the results. This is my first time in a league so I'm excited, but as I said... extremely terrified that I'm not good enough.

I finally got THTF, but no luck with the 2nd activation... or squeezing for that matter. The others I did alright on... we'll see.
[ ] Gold Stars 53/56
[x] Top 25 XBL (May 08)
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bisq wrote:
ok so now that the deadline is passed, can I ask if anyone got THTF second activation?

I never hit the second activation and got the fc in the same run, but I did have a decent run without it (probably not good for anything better than 3rd or 4th place, though. I'm pretty sure Wedge nailed it - I think I looked yesterday and she had the new high score on Xbox Live for that song (187300).

Can't Let Go is one of my better songs, I think I'll get a first or tie for first there. I came to realize that activation squeezing in that song isn't non-existant, it's just weird. Except for the last activation, it seems like you want to do basically an attempted lame squeeze, especially on the second activation, or you might not keep OD going for as long. I never noticed before, because the first time I tried it with VH's path, I got a 2nd place score. For the leagues, after several tries, I beat that score by 4 :-)

Orange Crush was baffling - I tried writing down the squeeze values for each activation and found that I had wildly differing amounts on the first squeeze (ok, wildly is only a difference of 200-ish points, but still), even though the phrase that OD runs out on starts with a lot of same notes that I'm pretty sure I'm nailing. I might have had more success with more medium mic sensitivity, too, but that was usually incidental. After 3 or 4 tries, I saw that I'd have tied VH's top score if I had the second squeeze from one run and the first squeeze from another, but never really got anything like that.

And Dead On Arrival - good, probably not first place there :-p
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: