FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S9 - RB Bass - Expert League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fedora  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm done with the solo leagues. Having too much time eaten up by the full band stuff.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
DSGamer3002  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit Rock City probably pulled me down quite a lot this week. I didn't end up FC'ing it after all the hours of trying to get it down, and ended up with like 103k. Very unsatisfied...

As for the other songs, I FC'd them all and probably got at least top 7 with each individually.

This week's songs:

Ballroom Blitz
Cherub Rock
Vasoline
When You Were Young

Doesn't sound too hard, but considering I rarely play bass I'm already assuming that I'm underestimating something here...

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSGamer3002 wrote:
Detroit Rock City probably pulled me down quite a lot this week. I didn't end up FC'ing it after all the hours of trying to get it down, and ended up with like 103k. Very unsatisfied...

As for the other songs, I FC'd them all and probably got at least top 7 with each individually.

This week's songs:

Ballroom Blitz
Cherub Rock
Vasoline
When You Were Young

Doesn't sound too hard, but considering I rarely play bass I'm already assuming that I'm underestimating something here...
Uhhh....yeah, you're underestimating Ballroom Blitz BIG TIME. That one is by far the hardest FC out of the 4 this week.

Vasoline won't take too long, the path is really easy to memorize. Cherub Rock isn't much of a problem either, it's just really long and an annoying path to memorize. WYWY shouldn't be much of a problem either, but we'll see. Ballroom Blitz is the ONE song besides RttH that I didn't want to see in this league, simply because I've refused to play it ever since my choke 6 notes from the end on guitar. Add the fact that it's one of the trickiest FC's for bass, and...crap. T_T

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Carungi  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, Machchunk is running away with this league...

And Brian, screw you. You got the double squeeze on Brainpower and out ticked me on Blood Doll

At least I got 2nd on DRC and Paranoid (I think)...

The only song this week that I stand a chance on getting 1st is Blitz. The other songs are snores, although Cherub Rock may prove to be a surprise.
machchunk  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a look at the disorganized results. Superlol at the typo by tadracing
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
Carungi  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
I just took a look at the disorganized results. Superlol at the typo by tadracing

The results are gone. They were apparently leaked for a few minutes. What did the typo say?
machchunk  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carungi wrote:
machchunk wrote:

The results are gone. They were apparently leaked for a few minutes. What did the typo say?

He added an extra 0, so it said he got 1.044mil.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carungi wrote:
Dammit, Machchunk is running away with this league...

And Brian, screw you. You got the double squeeze on Brainpower and out ticked me on Blood Doll

At least I got 2nd on DRC and Paranoid (I think)...

The only song this week that I stand a chance on getting 1st is Blitz. The other songs are snores, although Cherub Rock may prove to be a surprise.
Double squeeze? Nah, I didn't double squeeze on Brainpower, it's just tough to get 99,125 because you might have missed an activation squeeze by activation on a HOPO or something. 99,125 is optimal outside of double squeezes. I did get a double squeeze on the first activation of Blood Doll IIRC however. I botched the last activation of Paranoid, and DRC I just can't squeeze to save my life. This week is going to be boring besides Ballroom Blitz, which is just a pain in the ass.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Tempest  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, so much for my 4th place. :/ Red rings of death last night. Good luck in the league guys.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempest wrote:
Well, so much for my 4th place. :/ Red rings of death last night. Good luck in the league guys.

This is similar to last league when I was doing Medium drums on PS2 (pathetic, I know..) when it was nearing the end, and one of the top players ended up breaking their drumset. >_< Maybe you could sell your current 360 (without the hard drive) on eBay or something and use the money towards a new one instead of sending it in for a month? Just an idea, but yeah, that sucks...

*still doesn't have a chance at winning anyway*

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSGamer3002 wrote:
Tempest wrote:

This is similar to last league when I was doing Medium drums on PS2 (pathetic, I know..) when it was nearing the end, and one of the top players ended up breaking their drumset. >_< Maybe you could sell your current 360 (without the hard drive) on eBay or something and use the money towards a new one instead of sending it in for a month? Just an idea, but yeah, that sucks...

*still doesn't have a chance at winning anyway*

Eh, no point. I'd rather them just fix it and send it back, so I know my warranty and such is still active.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, my scores are in. I didn't really improve on any. To be honest, I'm just seeding for playoffs right now. I don't really have the patience to grind out points on 4 songs, so I guess I'll wait for the playoff songs to slave over ticks and squeezes and such.
J-On  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My scores were alright, I guess. My Cherub Rock score should be in the top 5. Did alright on Vasoline, tied for 10th with a bunch of people on WYWY, BB - whatever.
S5-GHII - made Round 2 - 9th place
S6-80s - made semi-finals - 3rd place
S7-GHIII - made quarter-finals - 7th place
S8-GHIII - made Round 2 - 11th place
S8-RB H Guitar - Champion - 1st place
sukergod  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to put my scores is i think, im not really sure. I thought i put them in when i put in my GH3 (H) scores but now I dont know. Ill be so pissed if I didnt
DSGamer3002  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FC'd every song except Ballroom Blitz. I missed in the part with the ridiculously fast oranges. My scores were pretty good, but I'm not sure if any were first place...

As for this week, remembering the paths for Foreplay/Long Time and Enter Sandman is going to be a bitch, but I think the real difficulty lies in FC'ing Sabotage. >_<
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: