FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/29 DLC (Smashing Pumpkins, The Mother Hips x2)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alsoknownas  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at Npeaen's videos, under video responses there are links to all the all the songs on drums and vocals, if people are looking for them.

Rock Band Stats:
X Guitar Gold Stars: 48/58
X Guitar FCs: 25/58
X Bass Gold Stars: 54/58
X Bass FCs: 54/58
Total Bass FCs: 89
T-Pain  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to zero all the time so this should be fun:D
ThuDogFood  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see...starting with the worst

Red Tandy - This song is fairly catchy at first. It has an upbeat style that almost reminds me of the Beatles (note: before I get any complaints, I never said it was as good as or better than The Beatles).

However, the thing is, the vocals are lead the song and keep everything kind of nice. The other 3 minutes are pure filler. It sounds like some beginner decided to start screwing around with the guitar to make noises, imho it doesn't even really sound like music....

Time Sick Son Of A Grizzly Bear - This is a pretty cool and mellow song that has some cool guitar (and this came from the same band playing the 3 minutes of nonsense in Red Tandy??), and thankfully finishes before it wears out its welcome. It's recommended.

Zero - My fav. of the week, this song just rocks. The instruments are a bit more simple than you may be used to in a Smashing Pumpkins song, but they are still pretty catchy, and the vocals are just awesome. TSSOAGB may be slightly more fun to play, but I say this one is a winner by sound.
The Rock Band Network is so potentially consequential that Harmonix went to great lengths to keep its development secret, including giving it the unofficial in-house code name Rock Band: Nickelback, on the theory that the name of the quintessentially generic modern rock group would be enough to deflect all curiosity.
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the bass on Red Tandy.
sk84life293  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Agreed.

If you are a basser, you MUST get red tandy. It has the most fun bass line in a coon's age... It will be very difficult to FC to. I can't wait to get it!
Jagbag2  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThuDogFood wrote:
TSSOAGB

Can't we just call it Grizzly Bear for short?
saxuallyAPeasing  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagbag2 wrote:
ThuDogFood wrote:
TSSOAGB

I'm assuming you weren't around when GH2 was bigger around here. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart had the most annoying acronym ever, TOAHIAPH, which took more time to type than "Trippin'" but was used 99% of the time anyways. I just hope more people call it Grizzly Bear instead of TSSOAGB this time.

[/off-topic]

I'm not sure if I want Red Tandy. It looks kind of fun, but way too long. I'll probably pick up Grizzly Bear and maybe Zero in time, but I just got Screaming for Vengeance, Message in a Bottle and Saints of Los Angeles, so I'm more than occupied right now.

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
Jagbag2  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm considering getting Tandy just for the bass and Grizzly Bear for the ill sound, but I'm trying to limit my DLC purchases until Doolittle comes out.
J-Mac  

Location: Super Deep East Texas. One step right and you're in another state.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all crap. Red Tandy makes me want punch myself in the face and I actually muted my computer when I heard Zero's solo. Another week I'll be skipping out on.
luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually more excited about the Mother Hips songs now that I've seen the charts, but less excited about Zero :/

ThuDogFood wrote:
It sounds like some beginner decided to start screwing around with the guitar to make noises, imho it doesn't even really sound like music....

Umm, you may not like the riffs, but they are consistent and musical, they don't at all sound like they are being played by a beginner
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?

Last edited by luminousnerd on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-Mac wrote:
It is all crap. Red Tandy makes me want punch myself in the face and I actually muted my computer when I heard Zero's solo. Another week I'll be skipping out on.

Look on the bright side- at least this way you'll be able to focus all of your attention on GTAIV until next week

Personally, I don't get the huge dislike for Zero- there are far worse charts within RB, and more Pumpkins is never a bad thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
danbri  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed Grizzly Bear and Zero, but I'm not sure about Red Tandy... An alright DLC week overall.
weezescorcho  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit. Zero. Holy shit. I've been calling for this for a long time.

Win x 100.
ThuDogFood  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagbag2 wrote:
ThuDogFood wrote:
TSSOAGB

That's fine by me. I seem to remember posting something about how stupid and funny the acronym was, but I guess it was another thread

luminousnerd wrote:
ThuDogFood wrote:
It sounds like some beginner decided to start screwing around with the guitar to make noises, imho it doesn't even really sound like music....

Umm, you may not like the riffs, but they are consistent and musical, they don't at all sound like they are being played by a beginner

Typically I am one of those people saying that a song is actually musical, so I understand where you are coming from.

That said, it was my honest opinion, and I ain't takin' it back. I am not very fond of the part after the vocals cut off and I think they should've put more effort into the instruments.

I just find that after a certain point the guitar just starts getting extremely random and I don't like the way it sounds.

Peace.
The Rock Band Network is so potentially consequential that Harmonix went to great lengths to keep its development secret, including giving it the unofficial in-house code name Rock Band: Nickelback, on the theory that the name of the quintessentially generic modern rock group would be enough to deflect all curiosity.
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everybody hate Red Tandy?? I thinks it's a pretty cool song with a very fun ending. I don't really care much for the other Mother Hips song. And about Smashing Pumpkins..... I want Geek U.S.A. already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: