FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"How do I become a moderator, too?"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: "How do I become a moderator, too?" Reply with quote

Matt (on January 11, 2007) wrote:
You may have noticed that every once in a while, we promote a member of the site to moderator status. You may ask yourself "How do I also attain this glorious rank?" or even "I hope to become an admin one day!".

Well, if you are looking to become an admin, don't hold your breath. We have no real need for any more at this time, and we do not see anytime soon a need for a new one (although JC may randomly decide to get another one).

But if you want to become a mod, it is not outside the realm of possibility for the majority of you. Here are some tips on how to get noticed on the boards in a good way:

1: Be helpful. This means being helpful to both other users, along with admins and mods. If someone asks a question, give them a helpful answer when possible. If you notice a flame war developing that hasn't been stopped by a mod or admin anytime soon, give one of them a pm.

2: Don't overpost. A lot of people feel the need to post in every topic, even if it means adding nothing to the conversation. This really just adds clutter to the forums that the mods and admins have to read through. Remember that post count really doesn't matter that much.

3: Follow the rules. Almost every forum on here (if not all) has a read me first topic at the top. This contains information on what should be posted in that forum (for example, no talking about GH technique in the General Chat forum).

4: Listen to the admins and mods. Every admin and mod on this site is here to help and make this a great community for you, our members. If an admin or mod asks that you stop doing something, it is for the general wellbeing of the boards. Please respect their requests.

5: Think before you post. A lot of posts are typed with haste. We are not spelling freaks here, but it is nice to see at least a small effort put into relatively good grammar and spelling. Also, make sure you are posting something contributive (see tip #2). Lastly, make sure you aren't saying anything you are going to regret.

That's about all I can think of for now, but rest assured, as we grow, we will definately be in the market for additional mods.

And as a post note, your GH scores in the rankings will have absolutely no bearing on this.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: