FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/22 DLC - Full Album (Judas Priest-Screaming For Vengeance)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hheemm  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston692 wrote:
Brockbfball1563 wrote:
This Electric Eye chart is soooooooo much better than the 80's chart. There's not just a huge clusterfuck of notes for the solo, but I do wish they would've had some kind of tapping part where solo e was in 80's. I'm also surprised to see YGATC as second tier considering the solo isn't exactly easy. Great week, I just don't have the money to buy it right now .

What? I find the EE chart way, way dumbed down from 80s chart, WAY less fun, 80s had more of a challenge, but it was WAY funner. The only reason I don't have that song deleted now is because of vocals and my DLC band coming up.

They did Sugarcoat the Devil's Child solo a hell of a lot.
I just put in a 500GB HD in my PS3 I dont want to have to buy a new one already
Exiwtf  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on PSN now
luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exiwtf wrote:
It's on PSN now

o_O Really?! They're early this week! w00t!
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
ace-kicker  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luminousnerd wrote:
Exiwtf wrote:
It's on PSN now

Yeah it isn't on here yet for me. ugh..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jonfen88 PSN Name: Johnny_bananas
luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace-kicker wrote:
luminousnerd wrote:
Exiwtf wrote:
It's on PSN now

Yeah it isn't on here yet for me. ugh..

I wasn't able to find it in the main PSN store but it was up on the in-game store
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
Shashakiro  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else feel like they charted EE specifically to make it as different as humanly possible from the GH80's chart while still being somewhat accurate? Despite the tracks being identical (for the most part), there is not a single section where the charts are even particularly similar. Either this means HMX thinks that the GH80's chart did not have a single section charted correctly (something I pretty highly doubt) or they specifically looks at the GH80's chart, section-by-section, and went "How can we chart this differently?" rather than simply re-charting the song.

I feel like a lot of the RB chart suffers because of this--while they corrected most if not all of the inaccuracies of the GH80's chart, they also UNDID some of the things that chart got right. RB's Solo E is not even close to accurate, for example (GH80's one is FAR closer to what's actually in the music). The end of Solo F is perfect in GH80's and looks like a bad custom charter did it in RB. The Bridge is one of the most fun sections in all of GH80's to play, and it looks really boring in RB IMO. Then again, sections like the pre-chorus parts look much more accurate in RB, since the GH80's chart was inaccurate there to begin with.

I just find it interesting that HMX decided to sacrifice chart accuracy for "differentness". I don't think it's a good idea at all, personally, but that's just me...

Total banners earned: 35. Above are links to accomp thread.
Cam101  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

songs look pretty awsome, maybe ill think about it, or atleast but Youve got another thing comin', and electric eye.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol u guyz r getting a little lazy with adding the videos
love the album though

Goals:

GH:

Log [X]
El Jefe [X]
Admit to myself that rockband is better than ghIII [X]

Rockband Goals:

Beat expert career for all instruments [damn you fp/lt vocals, NEXT TIME PERDUCCI, NEXT TIMME!]
Rank top 250 Expert drums [X]
Rank top 150 Expert drums [X]
Beat everything in World Tour with all stars [HAHA NEVER EVER GONNA HAPPEN]
Rank a top 100 band by fans [ ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jake frikin
Jakefrikin  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shashakiro wrote:
Does anyone else feel like they charted EE specifically to make it as different as humanly possible from the GH80's chart while still being somewhat accurate? Despite the tracks being identical (for the most part), there is not a single section where the charts are even particularly similar. Either this means HMX thinks that the GH80's chart did not have a single section charted correctly (something I pretty highly doubt) or they specifically looks at the GH80's chart, section-by-section, and went "How can we chart this differently?" rather than simply re-charting the song.

I feel like a lot of the RB chart suffers because of this--while they corrected most if not all of the inaccuracies of the GH80's chart, they also UNDID some of the things that chart got right. RB's Solo E is not even close to accurate, for example (GH80's one is FAR closer to what's actually in the music). The end of Solo F is perfect in GH80's and looks like a bad custom charter did it in RB. The Bridge is one of the most fun sections in all of GH80's to play, and it looks really boring in RB IMO. Then again, sections like the pre-chorus parts look much more accurate in RB, since the GH80's chart was inaccurate there to begin with.

I just find it interesting that HMX decided to sacrifice chart accuracy for "differentness". I don't think it's a good idea at all, personally, but that's just me...

i'm not sure about this, there are certain songs that are very similar (they escape me now) o like message in a bottle, its the exact same main guitar riff with a little difference in the chords to make it more accurate, and there are others that are accurate too, I feel as if HMX probably has new stepfilers than they did for the old GH's and they just make the file fresh without looking at the past ones

Goals:

GH:

Log [X]
El Jefe [X]
Admit to myself that rockband is better than ghIII [X]

Rockband Goals:

Beat expert career for all instruments [damn you fp/lt vocals, NEXT TIME PERDUCCI, NEXT TIMME!]
Rank top 250 Expert drums [X]
Rank top 150 Expert drums [X]
Beat everything in World Tour with all stars [HAHA NEVER EVER GONNA HAPPEN]
Rank a top 100 band by fans [ ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jake frikin
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am soo getting these this weekend.

#1 fan for AWG!... I need a life.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
regicide24  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally sitting down and playing through the cd in order. Love Bloodstone solo; any time you can one hand tap is gold in my book.

Edit : I'm sure this well known by now but holy shit.. Screaming For Vengeance solo... too much... out of control. I don't know how I passed that on my sightread. lol
Raining Blood (3.4)
Cliffs of Dover (4.0)
One (4.7)

Trent is the man.
http://www.rockband.com/blog/entry/276614
davetherave33  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is jameslikecoulter's FC of Scream For Vengeance (Expert Guitar).

visit me when u guyz can k
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I have another announcement... The Black Parade is proabaly going to be a 3rd DLC Album J/K (OR NOT?!?!!) lol

Anyways I think the charts on these songs are great and I'm happy HMX is finnaly forfilling their promise... unlike those bozos at Neversoft/Vicarious Studios who can't seem to know what Wii DLC is.../ Wiiware... lol(no offense)

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jagbag2  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, am happy that HMX catered to the weak with a few of these songs
mattyboy11  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a PS2 user, at least I get to hear the songs and it tells me I need to go buy this album NAO.

YouTube Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: