FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
League Season 9 Signups Closed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deimos  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: League Season 9 Signups Closed Reply with quote

Signups now closed, let the games begin!

Where do I sign up?
Signups will be done through the league system at:
http://www.scorehero.com/leagues/
We have narrowed down to the leagues that will actually run this season, which leaves a total of 29 left, 5 of which are team leagues.

How do the team signups work?
In order to sign up for a team league, you must have a team of the correct size created and approved through the normal SH team management system, on the "side" of the site relevant to the league. That is, if it is a two-person Rock Band league, you need a two-person team created on the RB side of ScoreHero. Yes, this means that if you are going to be playing with friends that don't have SH accounts, they will have to create them. Before you panic about team slots, read the next question.

When any member of a team signs up for a league with that team, it will automatically sign up the rest of the team as well. Conversely, if any member of the team drops out of the league, it will drop the whole team out.

Note that we've added one additional "team league signup slot" to everyone, this slot can only be used to sign up for a team league. The other three league signup slots can be used on either team or solo leagues.

So I have to use a precious team slot just for leagues?!
No. We've created a new type of team known as a "league-only" team. Creating a league-only team will not cost you a team slot, but the team can only be used in leagues. You will not be able to submit scores normally through the Manage Scores page for this team.

These "league-only" teams must be created by using the "Create team" link on the signup page for a team league. If you do not do this and go through the team interface directly, a team slot will be used and a normal team will be created.

Any other restrictions on team signups?
Yes. First of all, everyone on the team must have an open signup slot when you attempt to sign up. The system will reject the whole signup if any member has already maxed out their signups. Second, any individual player may only participate in a league on a single team, so you cannot form two different co-op teams with different friends and enter them both into the same league.

Why is the PS2 version of Rock Band split from the others?
Unfortunately we've been discovering more and more scoring discrepancies with the PS2 version of RB, so it's really not very compatible with the 360/PS3 versions. At this time we haven't yet figured out a really fair way to compensate for these discrepancies, so we have to split PS2 away from the other two systems. Perhaps for a future season of leagues we'll have figured it out, but at this point we aren't going to be able to combine them. I know it will be tempting, but if you are a PS2 player and you sign up for a 360/PS3 league, this will be considered cheating.

Last edited by Deimos on Sun May 04, 2008 6:29 am; edited 4 times in total
sukergod  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps2, is seperated from the others. Well that effectively kills any Hard - Bass league

What are the differences between both games?
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
Ps2, is seperated from the others. Well that effectively kills any Hard - Bass league

What are the differences between both games?

i think it might have something to do with the BRE - but i don't know.

and BTW, im hoping HBass stays too, since im in it

#1 fan for AWG!... I need a life.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
nivlac  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew drums and vocals are different, but I didn't think there were any Guitar or Bass discrepancies. Huh.

*edit* ninja'd

Wow, so many to pick from. The selection is definitely not slim.

I assume team leagues will count towards your 3 total? If I'd like to do a team league I should pick my two individual favorites for now and wait, correct?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Information about Season 9 signups Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:

Holy crap that's a lot of leagues, how am I supposed to pick only 3?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

But is the full band one going to be a separate slot on top of 3 solo leagues, or will it take up one of my 3?

You have really outdone yourself this time though, good luck working with this many leagues at once, but I know you can do it.
shadow6463  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so since things like expert guitar and drums are going to be a league pretty much, should we just sign-up for things that are cool but might not be made into a league?

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/shadow6463
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: shadow6463
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From how I understand it, this is the time you sign up for the leagues you personally want to play in. Don't choose one that you think is cool, but won't want to play in. I believe you will only get another chance to sign up for a league if (AND ONLY IF) a league you do sign up for gets dropped.

Also, I'm fairly sure the team band leagues will count towards the 3 leagues max. Considering that once you sign up for three, it blocks any more sign ups.

That's my understanding, and if I'm wrong, some better-knowing mod will shoot me down.

That truly is a huge list of leagues. Consider if all 200,000 (200.000 for you non-American types) plus members sign up for only one league, and manage to spread them out evenly across all league choices, we will have over 3000 players in each league. If everyone signed up for 3 leagues each evenly, the number is...

I refuse to do it... I can't bring myself to do it... I'm sure the mods thank me for that.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
Farlus  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some awesome league ideas in there. Especially excited about "one man band" league. Hope that one makes it.

It was hard to choose, but thank you for putting this together and giving us so many options.
shadow46x2  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn....just...damn...

that's hella impressive...nice work

--j
serik  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

signed up!

X RB Guitar
DLC RB Guitar
One Man Band

Custom Vids!
My Custom Charts! - Say Anything ,Senses Fail, and Cake

Last edited by serik on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: serik21 PSN Name: serik21
machchunk  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 3 sign-ups in. I'm really excited for the DLC league and the GH1 leagues. Gives me a reason to play those extensively.

Hmm, is GH1-Hard an open Hard league? Because I signed up for it, and now I'm not sure if I should've.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up for 3!

OMB
Drums w/twist (are these fun? Never done a league before)
All DLC drums

Decided to stay out of the X drums league because I'm pretty burnt out on just playing solo drums, and it'll likely be a squeeze-fest anyways.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm staying out of the X vocals league too. Probably doing OMB, expert bass (I need to get back into guitar), and full band.
b08smith  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo dlc leagues Thanks for making this happen.

So many to choose from, may take a while to decide..........

luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Information about Season 9 signups Reply with quote

X Drums
DLC Drums
Twist Drums

Deimos wrote:
Team leagues should be added in a day or two

I don't really know how the team leagues would work, but would a team league count towards your max of 3 leagues?

Thanks for the hard work to make this happen by the way! I know how much work even a small competition can be to set up, and this is huge, so I can't imagine the brain-pain. Thanks ^_^
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: