FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Green Bay (OVER)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Green Bay (OVER) Reply with quote

During the week of May 15-May 25th my parents are headed to Florida. So that means that we could have a Rock Band gettogether at my house just north of Green Bay. There would be 2 TV's available; one of them is a nice plasma screen, the other's a 38-inch screen in the basement. Here's what people may need to bring (assuming we are doing this on an XBox, which is what I have):

At least 1 guitar, preferably of the Les Paul variety.
an XBox 360.
A full bundle of rock band, with most/all DLC.
A CAMERA!!!
Materials for which to mod a drumset.

People interested:
krisdaschwab912 (hosting)
fcphantom, and possibly his roommate.
dheinzen13
ajs and his band
ensiferum
theblue
toasterfury

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

That should display the map. If it doesn't, click "Get directions," type your address for the start address and 3391 Wilderness Trail Green Bay for the end address.

If you want more specific directions for whatever reason, let me know. We'll call the time noon to 9 PM, but anyone can come earlier or later.

Food and/or money will no longer be necessary. I have enough pizzas, taquitos and other appetizers to kill a horse.

The projected time is from noon to 9 on Sunday. However, if you want to come up earlier, later, or on another day, you're more than welcome. Just don't break anything.

Last edited by krisdaschwab912 on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:21 pm; edited 14 times in total
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i was anywhere but Michigan .

#1 fan for AWG!... I need a life.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildcatTennis wrote:
i wish i was anywhere but Michigan .

Well the closest GB has had, to my knowledge, was Madison.
dheinzen13  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a chance I'll be able to. But sadly I'm only 13...well will be 14 by then (Birthday is May 11) and my parents are still sort of protective with this type of thing. But if this actually happens, I'll try to come.

03:44 h4x3r : whats that fuzzy noise?
03:44 witwix : Chris' hands are on fire
03:44 witwix : Stop asking questions
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Dheinzen
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dheinzen13 wrote:
There's a chance I'll be able to. But sadly I'm only 13...well will be 14 by then (Birthday is May 11) and my parents are still sort of protective with this type of thing. But if this actually happens, I'll try to come.

If your parents decide to be stupid about going to someone's house, you can tell them that there's a tourney at Joystix (Mason Street in GB) all day and have them drop you off, and I can give you a ride from there.
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
dheinzen13 wrote:

If your parents decide to be stupid about going to someone's house, you can tell them that there's a tourney at Joystix (Mason Street in GB) all day and have them drop you off, and I can give you a ride from there.

going into a strangeer's car? psssh who cares about safety?

#1 fan for AWG!... I need a life.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildcatTennis wrote:

going into a strangeer's car? psssh who cares about safety?

strangeer's car? psssh who cares about spelling?

you do raise a good point though. Just throwing it out there.
Ax3  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he's 13 and you could be some 40-year old rapist who likes kids coming into his house? Parents want their kids rape-free don't they?
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ax3 wrote:
Well he's 13 and you could be some 40-year old rapist who likes kids coming into his house? Parents want their kids rape-free don't they?

That would generally be a good idea for parents, yes.

Seriously though...this is about a GB gettogether, not a discussion about the "possibility of rape." sorry I ever brought it up.
Ajs  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met kris at the last RB tournament at Joystix and I am willing to verify he is -not- a 40-year old, nor did he look much like a rapist.

Anyway, I'd probably be interested, but I can't guarentee anything this early. If I do come, I'd have a 360, Drum set, 2+ xplorers, 2+ strats, a mic, and all the DLC at my disposal. and don't worry, I won't bring the entire band like I did for the tournament, I don't want to seem like I'm controlling your house >_>
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajs wrote:
I met kris at the last RB tournament at Joystix and I am willing to verify he is -not- a 40-year old, nor did he look much like a rapist.

Anyway, I'd probably be interested, but I can't guarentee anything this early. If I do come, I'd have a 360, Drum set, 2+ xplorers, 2+ strats, a mic, and all the DLC at my disposal. and don't worry, I won't bring the entire band like I did for the tournament, I don't want to seem like I'm controlling your house >_>

lolwtf at the bolded? jk.

But it depends on how many people show. Still waiting on the "Green Light" (AKA, "we're going to Florida for a week and leaving you to do whatever you want") from my parents; they still haven't given an exact date yet as to when they might be going.

Wait...you guys are the ones that won the whole thing, right?
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. Possibly my roommate too.
Ajs  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Ajs wrote:

lolwtf at the bolded? jk.

But it depends on how many people show. Still waiting on the "Green Light" (AKA, "we're going to Florida for a week and leaving you to do whatever you want") from my parents; they still haven't given an exact date yet as to when they might be going.

Wait...you guys are the ones that won the whole thing, right?

Yeah. You played part of Ride the Lightning without looking at the TV right up in my face during the (semi?)-final round :P I was the guitarist. And since we were the only group of 4 (and I think the only group of more than 2?), I figure bringing the whole band would be a little too much for you :P Plus most of them don't come on here much. although I'll probably bring our real guitarist (he was in Florida during the tournament), since he's a big scorehero lurker too.

anyway, good luck with the parents... are they the kind of people that would actually be cool with this or is it more of a "they're gone, they won't know" kind of thing?
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajs wrote:

Yeah. You played part of Ride the Lightning without looking at the TV right up in my face during the (semi?)-final round :P

anyway, good luck with the parents... are they the kind of people that would actually be cool with this or is it more of a "they're gone, they won't know" kind of thing?

dude you almost got me kicked out of the library when I saw this post lol.

My dad would be cool with it; in fact, I already talked to him about hypothetically having a party while they would be gone, to which he'd have no problem with as long as the alcohol (which I never drink, obviously) is put away, not that I was planning on making it available anyway. He also asked how many people might be at this hypothetical "party" and I gave him a random guess of 20. My mom on the other hand...she is a piece of work. Unless it's her friends, she doesn't want anybody over. So basically my dad will know, and I could give a damn what my mom thinks, because even when she's wrong, she's always right.

By that time, we hope to have our above ground pool up and running, though it might be a little cold for you guys. For those who don't have icewater in their veins, we also have a hottub (already running) and a ping-pong table (let me check...yeah, it's running. ), so it should be a good time all-around.
Ensiferum  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Idea Kris. The only problem is that I dont think I should be associating with a former Bay rival though...

Rivalries set aside, I think that I might be able to attend. The whole going to Green Bay might be an issue with my parents but they are starting to lighten up. I dont have a 360, but I might be able to borrow a guitar from my friend. He wouldn't give his RB set to use though. I could make up for that by paying more for food or something.

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: