FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hardest voxtar song?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machchunk  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flirtin' With Disaster's guitar part goes completely against the flow of the vocals for the entirety of the song. Not to mention, you have to do those tricky double claps while you're playing ascending triplets
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
crazymonkey841  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Get By, couldn't pass it alone on ES on hard. Had to have my bro sing, but he passed siteread, which I was impressed by, and only failed once. Hadn't heard the song before either
directshot999  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBF kills me for some reason. Too much talking -.-.

When it actually comes to singing and playing guitar, it would have to be I Get By. Can't even pass the damned thing just singing, how can I pass it with a guitar thrown in?
dabears116  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get by, i also had a lot of trouble with reptilia because that song has very difficult rythm singing, and you wanna sing like guitar

Some guy at my old school once wore a merzbow shirt to class so we all threw stones at him and kicked him in the head until he died lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DaBears116
GAWMan  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afterlife. It was the only voxtar song i failed on sightread (sightread meaning i hadnt heard the vocals before)
Rapping while doing fast HO/POs + Doing an off-beat verse while doing triplets and tetralets (5notes) + SCREAMING for about 20 seconds while doing the aftersolo riff = epic fail
dore  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got Snow in a random setlist and that's definitely the hardest thing I've ever had to do. That riff is beastly enough while you're concentrating on it much less while you're concentrating on rapping that has nothing to do with the main riff.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its either I Get By or Timmy.

Personally for me its timmy.
imagu1tarh3r0  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don' think I Get By is the hardest, I'd say Run To the Hills is, the singing is weird because it switches between talking and singing and guitar is hard.Just hard...
DrofMot  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmy, hands down.
iiLMcNaStY  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iagomonk wrote:
socialskills wrote:
- train kept a rollin' (the exemplar of "specifically lead parts")

I came here specifically to post this song, but you beat me to it. So I'll just +1.

I third the motion
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only ones I have failed on voxtar so far are Truckin', Suffragette City, and Highway Star, all of which took a few tries to pass.

Also, any song that you aren't familiar with is hard because you are trying to get the pitches with the words, but not fail out on guitar either

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a person who has FC'd I Get By on Guitar and Vocals seperately,

it is still the hardest

Gimme Shelter and Outside are hard too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really disagree with Timmy. Having 5*d it on voxtar (double expert) (and I'm really bad at voxtar), I don't find it difficult because most of the hard parts of the song for guitar and vocals are in different parts, especially the verses (if you could call them that).

I think the hardest main setlist one is definitely TKAR, followed by Dead on Arrival, I Get By, Vasoline, and Outside.

A hard DLC one would be the other FOB song. It's a lot like Dead on Arrival during the verses. The hardest DLC one I've ever done was Eminence Front. Holy shit batman. I couldn't pass it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TheTinkerbread
socialskills  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, what are people taking "hardest voxtar song" to mean? Hardest to FC? Hardest to pass?

Also, people are popping up recently to state that they find Dead on Arrival to be very difficult. I don't have any trouble with that one, so I'm curious about why other people find it so hard. If you have trouble with Dead on Arrival, do you have the same kind of problem with similar songs, like Electric Version or Seven?
- All 3,255 RB1 BWT stars collected (solo, voxtar, expert)

Voxtar guide.
TheTinkerbread  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socialskills wrote:
Out of curiosity, what are people taking "hardest voxtar song" to mean? Hardest to FC? Hardest to pass?

Also, people are popping up recently to state that they find Dead on Arrival to be very difficult. I don't have any trouble with that one, so I'm curious about why other people find it so hard. If you have trouble with Dead on Arrival, do you have the same kind of problem with similar songs, like Electric Version or Seven?

I think what we mean by hardest voxtar song is just overall toughness. For example, I've heard a lot of people say that RTTH is the hardest (on-disk) drums song to pass, where as WGFA is the hardest overall.

Dead on Arrival is difficult to most because of the abnormal strum pattern for the verses, and most of the chorus, and how the phrases differ in length. Also, I find it hard because it has a lot of vocal "hold-notes", and on voxtar, I find it harder to hold out those notes while playing a guitar pattern. I don't have problems with Seven or Electric Version because the strumming patterns are much more basic.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TheTinkerbread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: