FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Season 9 Leagues Info (Need Suggestions)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deimos  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Season 9 Leagues Info (Need Suggestions) Reply with quote

Well, it's been a while now since Season 8 ended, so it's probably about time to start getting things rolling on Season 9 of the leagues. We especially need to get started because we're going to try something a little different this time around, and it's going to have a bit of a lead time before we can get started.

Here's the plan of how this season is going to progress:

1) Take suggestions for which leagues to run, in this thread. We're looking to have a more interesting season this time than just "newest GH game" + Rock Band. You want GH2 leagues back? Suggest it. Co-op leagues? Suggest it. The suggestion process will probably last for 1-2 weeks, we'll see how many suggestions we get. (I'm expecting a LOT).

2) Open sign-ups for a metric ton of leagues. Pretty much any suggestion that we think has potential will be available to sign up for. However, here's the catch: each user will only be able to sign up for a particular number of leagues. (Exact maximum not decided yet) So you're all going to have to decide which league ideas you like the most, since you'll only be able to sign up for a few. This initial sign-up period will probably last approximately a week.

3) After the initial sign-ups close, we will decide on a threshold of how many sign-ups is "too few" for a league to actually run. Any leagues with too few sign-ups will be dropped. Sign-ups will then open again for all the leagues that were not dropped, so that people can select new leagues if some of their chosen leagues were discarded. This secondary sign-up period will last somewhere in the range of a few days to a week.

4) Leagues actually start.

So, what we need from you:

Firstly, post suggestions for what leagues you would like to see! These can be as simple or as complex as you can come up with. If we think it's a good idea, we'll give it a try, and if enough people sign up for it, we'll run it. There's definitely the potential to have some really interesting leagues run this season, so try to come up with some fun ones. I'm going to be trying to track all the current suggestions in the post below this one, so that people aren't constantly suggesting the same thing. We know you want GH2 leagues again, we don't need 10 pages of posts repeatedly saying as much.

Secondly, I need input as to how many leagues is "too many", this is for the purpose of deciding what we will set the maximum number of signups at. This turned out to be a bit of a problem in Season 8 where people would sign up for every single Rock Band league, as well as a GH3 league, and then not submit for half of the ones we signed up for. So we need to find a realistic number of leagues that a person can handle participating in at the same time. I'm currently leaning to a maximum of three signups per user, but I'm willing to change that if people can convince me.
Deimos  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to start this post off with two ideas of my own that I really want to run this season. Hopefully it'll give you an idea of what sort of things could potentially run, and how much detail you need to give with your ideas. I will start a list of other suggestions below these.

Deimos' Ideas

One-Man Band League [RB]
Instead of the typical four songs per week, this league has only one song a week. However, you must submit a score for that song on all four instruments individually. You can submit an instrument score from any difficulty you wish (so if you play Expert guitar/bass, but Medium vocals/drums, that's ok), and the week's rankings will be determined by total score between all instruments.

All-GH-Games League [GH1,GH2,GH80s,GH3]
Four songs per week, one from each Guitar Hero game. The 360-exclusive GH2 songs will be excluded, but obviously this league will require a PS2 to participate in anyway. Scoring is the same as normal, individual rankings by song. Different difficulties could be offered, Expert and Hard will be most likely to run, as usual.

Your Ideas

GH Leagues

Regular Expert/Hard/Medium Leagues [GH1/GH2/GH80s/GH3]
Just the "standard" league style. 4 songs a week, rankings on score. Would be split into the typical AAA/AA/A type divisions with enough signups. We'd have to see where there's enough interest, to decide which specific games to run. YES, GH2!

DLC-Included League[GH2-360/GH3]
I don't think either of these games have enough DLC to make all song selections DLC, but perhaps 1 or 2 songs a week out of the 4 could come from the DLC list. People participating in this league would either already have to own all DLC, or be willing to buy anything that comes up.

Guitar Hero Co-op Leagues [GH2/GH80s/GH3]
Co-op league, could potentially work for any of the games. However, GH3 may be most likely to succeed due to online play being available. The issue there is that GH3 online co-op has a large number of bugs that negatively impact score, so people playing locally would have a huge advantage.

Standard Controller League [any GH game]
For the Dual-Shockers and such. Not really sure if this one would run, we don't have that many people that play on regular controllers, that I know of. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try though, which game(s) would be best for this? GH2?

RB Leagues

Individual Instrument/Difficulty Leagues [RB]
Same standard format as Season 8 used. 4 songs per week, no DLC songs will be selected.

Full-Band League [RB]
Exactly what it sounds like. However I think that for this league we will probably reduce the number of songs per week. Trying to get four people together during a week to work on songs, even online, is a challenge. I think maybe 2-3 songs a week is better than 4, that may be too many. Opinions?

PS2 "Band" League [RB]
Since the PS2 version doesn't have online play, this would be about as close as we could get. Team up with 3 other people, one on each instrument, and you each submit your scores for the week individually. The scores are then added together, and rankings happen by which bands have the highest combination scores. Could probably even do 4 songs a week in this league, since it's not dependent on everyone being able to play at the same time.

Vocals+Guitar/Bass/Drums Leagues [RB]
Separate solo leagues (i.e. vocals+drums is a different league than vocals+guitar), playing both vocals and one instrument at the same time. 4 songs per week should still be fine, and any difficulty combination could be used.

Two-player Rock Band Leagues [RB]
To be entered with a partner. There are 6 potential instrument combinations, I'm not sure how many would actually run though. I suppose we could open signups for all combinations and seeing where there is enough interest.

All-DLC Leagues [RB]
I think the best setups for these would be the 4 instruments individually, and a full-band league (maybe even one-man band). All songs will be DLC, so either you need to already own all the DLC or be willing to buy any songs that are selected. 4 songs per week same as standard leagues of their type.

Either/Both Games Leagues

Twists League [any game]
Everybody (except elx) loves twists, I guess. This could potentially work with any game, however perhaps 4 songs a week is too many, that's a lot of twists. Potentially could do something like 2 normal songs + 2 twist songs, or just have 2 songs a week. I'm especially interested in the twists potential for the non-guitar instruments in Rock Band. Vocal twists and drum twists could both be entertaining.

Xbox 360 "All Games" League [GH2-360,GH3]
For those folks that don't have the PS2 games. This would be able to use the 10 xbox360 exclusive songs from GH2. It will most likely be done with two GH2 songs per week and two GH3.

"Live" League [any game]
This is an interesting idea. The commissioner would schedule a time with each person for their one run at the song. Whatever score they get is their week's score. This could be either done through a stream, or even by connecting online with the person in pro-faceoff/score duel. This makes the league more like a real tournament, it could even be possible to keep the run private and not even announce the song beforehand. This could even be done with full RB bands, as long as one person in each band is able to set up a stream. Definitely an interesting idea, requires some thought about how to run properly though. The whole "scheduling" issue inherently gives some people more practice time.

Last edited by Deimos on Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:34 am; edited 4 times in total
TheDynasty2430  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been suggested before, but full band leagues would be excellent.

Also, GH2 leagues lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDynasty2430 wrote:
This has been suggested before, but full band leagues would be excellent.

+1

Also, perhaps a "multitasking" league - simultaneous guitar/vocals and/or drums/vocals, where one person does two parts.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Man Band is an excellent Idea, and I support it. But will you split PS2 and 360/PS3 like regular vocals?

And another for GH2 Leagues

Thanks for working so hard for us like this!
TheDynasty2430  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:

Full-Band League [RB]
Exactly what it sounds like. However I think that for this league we will probably reduce the number of songs per week. Trying to get four people together during a week to work on songs, even online, is a challenge. I think maybe 2-3 songs a week is better than 4, that may be too many. Opinions?

I completely agree with this idea. 4x the people needed = 4x the difficulty of getting scores up (at least prepared scores), I don"t think dropping the number of songs per week will be much of a problem, and will greatly help getting more than one run of a song in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously nivlac and I are for One Man Band: see our current one going on in the Rivalries forums HERE

I like Full-Band league idea too.

Why not try a Guitar/Drum League?
Could be a LOT of combinations, but one thing for sure is play all parts in OMB league seems to be gaining a lot of popularity already, and nivlac and I have a lot of details worked out, and have a pretty good setup right now, and would like to see how this pans out.

We are competing on just the Hard difficulty now - but I and others would like to see it where you can play that song on every instrument, and pick the difficulty you want. Good at Guitar, Bass and Drums, but suck at Vocals?
Play everyone on Expert, and sing on Medium - at least you can get your max possible score submitted (for your skill level)

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about

Last edited by jerridthomas79 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
Javman158  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure this would not get any support, but how about a twist-only league? It could encompass multiple games or just one, and also encompass multiple instruments.

Rock band gives some more possibilities to this, such as drumming using only the buttons for the pads, or playing a song solely on the solo buttons, or doing vocals through some exterior means (like vocalbone, but using something everyone has access to). I think it could be fun. This would also be fewer songs per week though, say 2-3.
Npeaen  

DLC league?

With the last rock band league it seemed like a shame that over time the games going to have a ridiculous amount of DLC, and for leagues we'll be limited to a very small number of the tracks.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
Carungi  

I think the full band league would make for an excellent additon. Since it is harder to get four people into a playing session, I think 2 songs a week is a good choice than 3 or 4.

The return of seperate leauges such as Expert Bass and Hard Drums would be welsome to teturn as well.

Another idea:
DLC League
This competition is only for people who have all the current available DLC when the signups are posted, so PS2 users could not participate. It works the same way as regualr set-list leagues, except the choices range from the number of DLC songs there are at the time of posting.

I think an Expert Guitar and a seperate Expert Drums DLC leauge would prosper. Vocals perhaps, but I think Bass is a stretch.
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if my idea is practical or feasible, but after participating in Season 8 I have discovered that I am extremely averse to the idea of playing the same song(s) over and over again to try to get an FC/optimal path etc. Not saying that there's anything inherently wrong with the current setup, just that my enthusiasm for it quickly waned and I ended up not even finishing week 4. Sorry.

So, my idea is Clean Slate League. What's it mean? Basically imagine that everyone's Scorehero scores were purged and the leaderboards were empty. During some set amount of time, everyone could play any song they wanted to as many times as they wanted to, and whoever was in 1st place at the end would win.

This would allow you to approach the league the same way you might approach tackling the leaderboards now. Do you want to squeeze/FC easier songs and get those out of the way? Or do you want to work on harder songs, try to get the next incremental %/solo bonus and get an increase of thousands/ten thousands at once. Remember, your time is limited.

Again, I have no idea if this is even possible or what the opinion of the community is. I just know that the current league setup isn't a lot of fun for me, so it's unlikely I will even participate in any further seasons. Thanks.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
Sandolllar  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good I would love to join this season.

with that in mind, yes one man band is awesome.

full band would also rock out

and DLC would be kind of cool.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the idea of Full Band leagues and DLC leagues.
DLC Leagues especially.

Are we going to be able to bring back twists? Or has the league gotten too big for those?

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twists would be great. It gets boring just playing the songs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
MOHAN77  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voxtar would be really cool. Again, able to do it on any difficulty.
Why would you wanna play [Visions] anyway?
because it's fun?
Because you're an outdoors-y person, and the guitar chart looks like a mountain range?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: