FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Season 9 Leagues Info (Need Suggestions)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the One Man Band is a great idea, I'd definitely sign up for that.

Also would love to sign up for any RB Co-Op league.

And as I said above, I'd love the DLC league as well...but since it obviously wont have too many signups it be wise to poll and see what instrument/difficulty people would prefer.
jangemeer  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the one man band idea as well, as well as the expert guitar/drums DLC leagues.
a GH2 league would be fun as well, gives me an excuse to play sweet child o' mine again i love that song lol.

i think 5 would be a good maximum for league signups, at least that's how many I think I could handle.
TheDynasty2430  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voxdrums is really hard cuz the mic can get thrown off by the plastic drums getting hit. If you can manage to avoid that however, more power to ya.

EDIT: btw, Deimos, or any league commish, about how long till season 9 starts? rough estimates are fine.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the One Man Band and voctar ideas. My votes go to those.

I think twists would be fun for the solo instrument leagues AS AN OPTION. Set up guitar leagues for each difficulty, then twist leagues for each difficulty. Also, for twist leagues, only have two (2) or three (3) songs a week, but every song has a twist.
Ideas for Vocal twists:
    -Static lyrics switch (if you play with static lyrics, turn it off and vice versa)
    -A capella mode (turn down band volume at main options menu, leave on vocals and crowd)
    -Mute mode (just mute the damn TV[or surround sound system, you fancy pantsy people...])
    -Performance mode (turn crowd down, do not look at TV. You know you fail when the band gives up on you)
    -The standard "NO OVERDIRVE" and "MAX X NUMBER OF OVERDRIVE"

Drum twist ideas:
    -Single Handed (guess... may not be suggested for higher difficulties, unless you hold a stick in your mouth. That's allowed [if videoed])
    -Backwards drumkit (turn the drums around, keep personal lefty flip option, turning foot pedal around allowed. We don't want broken pedals)
    -Hands only aka "Ghetto GameStop style" for those of us who remember that term. Sure GameStop doesn't demo Rock Band actively, but if they did, they wouldn't have drumsticks.
    -Standard Lefty Flip, "NO OVERDIRVE" and "MAX X NUMBER OF OVERDRIVE"

Also, on the topic of number of leagues max to sign up for, in season 8, I signed up for three (3). There were weeks (like, most of them) where I had to focus on one league for one day, then move on to the next the next day. Let's just say I didn't do as well as I would have liked to. If three (3) is not the max, it should be LOWER, to encourage true focusing on improving your skill, rather than getting a half-decent score in an hour, them simply moving on to the next song. It loses some of its fun when you fell rushed to get through all twelve (12) songs you need to complete for the week. See how quickly it adds up?

Though I shouldn't be talking, I'd try signing up for One Man Band, Voctar, and Twisted Vocals... and maybe a co-op league, if I could find a team...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
wesjett08  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw my vote in for a Guitar & Drums co-op league and a full band league...Or even a Trio band league for us PS3'ers who dont have a 2nd guitar yet.

PSN - loflyinjett - Drummer for the RBN band 'Ultra Saturday'
Akumu  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phlippy78 wrote:
your should definately make a drums/guitar where 2 people can enter together

Totally agreed!
flyndtmn22  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lefty/"Weak hand" flip. Pretty self explanatory...play on the setting you DON'T normally use.
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
One Man Band: One person play all instruments on whichever difficulty they want , then add the total score for all the instruments. This is an open league.

Voxtar: Guitar and Vocals must be played at the same time on whichever difficulties and the scores will be added. This is an open league.

These, plus the full band league.

Only instead of calling it One Man Band, call it multi-track. The drawback is that the one (or two) song(s) would get REALLY old by the end of the week.
Vixenita  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... I said this before, but I'll say it again...

"One man band" makes me feel manly! I don't like it!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vixenita
jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vixenita wrote:
Yeah... I said this before, but I'll say it again...

"One man band" makes me feel manly! I don't like it!

come on now, you don't really feel manly do you?
do i have to change the name of the "unofficial" version of this going on to "One Person Band"

just pickin' on you

---> You know, if anyone DOES like this idea, we are doing one unofficially right now - accepting sign-ups until tomorrow night. A least you can have a test run of what it could be like. (See Sig)

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
ArcadicGamer  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see One Man Band as an up to Hard, and an expert only leagues.
Same with voxtar/drumvox also.
Twist only leagues would be interesting.
I'd be down for a song from each MAIN game, such as gh1,gh2,gh3, and rb; as a league.

Expert Drums/Vox/Guitar DLC leagues please. 3 songs a week, instead of 4 however.

Maybe a twist on the One man Band leagues, a league in which 4 songs on the 4 parts would be a possibility, open to all difficulties.

One last idea. FC only league. I know most leagues are mostly FC's anyway, but it would add a twist to it so that you had to ensure you'd FC all the songs each week, vs. sqeezing and perfecting the highest scoring songs. Just an idea.

Goron40  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with all these suggestions requiring videos? Scorehero's always been run on the honor system anyways.
cheech  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the co-op G/D league i would def do. also the expert drums league
my ideas forthose leagues: pretty basic

have it difficulty specific so people cant just play on medium when they really play expert and own people
get rockband 2
get the ion
convince harmonix to include a second bass pedal OOB and include songs that actually use and require the second bass drum.
Xbox GT: cheech9 4off
acomplishments
97% tom sawyer
100% enter sandman
100% reptillia
100% in bloom
beat the endless setlist on expert(took 5hrs 14mins)
a lot of other stuff that i cant remember in both games
rabies  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the ideas flowing people.
While we have the final say (obviously), the more often I see posts in favor of 'flavor x', the more we will be inclined to run with that flavor.

The reason we will force 3 or 4 leagues signups only is that historically...the following happens.

1. Signups open...like a hungry person walking into a grocery store...you shove everything you possibly can into the cart....i.e. you sign up for every damn league you think sounds cool.

2. Week 1 happens...you have good intentions...you try like crazy to eat everything you bought/signed up for....but you are getting full fast.

3. You may, may not have been able to accomplish all you wanted to..does not matter..you see week 1 results.

4. Week 2 starts. You pick your favorite food..you stick with that from then on....in other words...you continue applying yourself in the 1 or 2 leagues you are doing well in..you drop all the others you are sucking in.

Historically, the drop off rate of any given league after week 1 is roughly 50%. It is staggering. After that, we lose probably another 20% through the rest of the weeks. Allowing you to sign up for too much, we feel, will exacerbate the problem. For the same reason, we are going to keep the number of league flavors down. While we may open up tons of types for signups, we will only roll with those that have a high number of signups. This is another reason we limit it to 3 or 4 signups....to ensure that those 3 or 4 are the ones you really, really want.

My personal input mirrors deimos... for RB, I would love to see the following leagues run:
One "person" band league
DLC only league
voxtar league

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for the DLC league, you'd (Obviously) have to do some kind of balancing act of a split league if you go the "OK, we're doing each week's DLC as the league" thing.

As far as what DLC would be league-worthy, you'd have to have everyone check off their DLC and use that to compile a League setlist, kind of like what they do for Online mode. That would sort of guard against the whole "OMG I gotta buy DLC!" thing.

I'm also for One-Man Band and Full-Band.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: