FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rockband Editing / Customisation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdb424  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can crack DLC will we need to mod a 360 to play the songs?
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdb424 wrote:
If we can crack DLC will we need to mod a 360 to play the songs?

well number one, even if DLC is cracked there won't be any public tools or Tutorials. Cracked DLC means bad things will happen for XBL and it would be fixed fast.
number two, probably won't be cracked.

but, considering some crazy world where someone cracked DLC and spread tools to do it yourself.
you won't need to mod your 360, although you would need to have access to the file structure on the 360's HDD. with something like XSATA or XPORT.

or you could open the Case and plug it in through SATA.

but that is completely hypothetical.
[x] come up with a realistic goal
[x] Beat Guitar Hero III before the official release on Sunday october 28th
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reposted over here for those who don't read the GH side of the forums:

LocalH wrote:
I have some new information regarding DTB files.

Nachyoz wrote:
DTA Format

Unencrypted DTB files are just that - unencrypted DTB files, not DTA files. DTA files are the text-based script-like language as seen in the Rock Band ARK. Speaking of those, I think I have enough information to (de)tokenize the DTB files for easier editing.

Nachyoz wrote:
00 00 00 00: 32 bit Integer 4 bytes
01 00 00 00: 32 bit Float 4 bytes
02 00 00 00: Function name 4 bytes specifying the size of the string that follows
05 00 00 00: Keyword 4 bytes specifying the size of the string that follows
06 00 00 00: Not sure 4 bytes
07 00 00 00: Not sure 4 bytes specifing the size of data that follows
08 00 00 00: Not sure 4 bytes
09 00 00 00: Not sure 4 bytes
10 00 00 00: Tree Node 6 bytes first 2 bytes contain the number of direct children last 4 bytes are the Node's ID
11 00 00 00: Tree Node 6 bytes first 2 bytes contain the number of direct children last 4 bytes are the Node's ID
12 00 00 00: Data String 4 bytes specifying the size of the string that follows
13 00 00 00: Tree Node 6 bytes first 2 bytes contain the number of direct children last 4 bytes are the Node's ID
20 00 00 00: String 4 bytes specifying the size of the string that follows
21 00 00 00: File Reference 4 bytes specifying the size of the filename that follows
22 00 00 00: File Reference 4 bytes specifying the size of the filename that follows
23 00 00 00: String 4 bytes specifying the size of the string that follows

I did some digging around and going back and forth between the DTB editor and an open DTA file, and I figured out the unknown ones, as well as giving more information about some of the ones that have been identified:

0x00 - integer ("+-I" in dtb editor)
0x01 - floats ("F" in dtb editor)
0x02 - variables "$" ("Fx" in dtb editor)
0x05 - symbol ("Sx5" in dtb editor)
0x06 - kDataUnhandled ("Ux6 00 00 00 00" in dtb editor)
0x07 - #ifdef ("Ux7" in dtb editor)
0x08 - #else ("Ux8 00 00 00 00" in dtb editor)
0x09 - #endif ("Ux9 00 00 00 00" in dtb editor)
0x10 - array "()" ("Nx10" in dtb editor)
0x11 - command "{}" ("Nx11" in dtb editor)
0x12 - string ("Sx12" in dtb editor)
0x13 - property "[]" ("Nx13" in dtb editor)
0x20 - #define ("Sx20" in dtb editor)
0x21 - #include ("Sx21" in dtb editor)
0x22 - #merge ("Sx22" in dtb editor)
0x23 - #ifndef ("Sx23" in dtb editor)

For those who have access to the Rockband DTA/DTB pairs, you can go ahead and examine them to doublecheck my work if you want. For those who don't, in the coming days I'll work on finding good excerpts to illustrate the comparison as well as taking an extract from a GH2 DTB and detokenizing it. Right now, advanced DTB editing is a little complicated, especially when we didn't know all the various chunk types. It would surely be much easier if we were able to detokenize a DTB, edit it in a text editor, then retokenize it with our changes.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
rIKmAN  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame, seems like you`ve all given up on this!
I was really looking forwards to making some really good custom RB stuff, but it all seems so over-complicated (I agree with above poster).
However - NONE of the clones come anywhere close to being as good as RB or GH, it just isnt the same....

Looks like Harmonix won this battle....
TNTX  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rIKmAN wrote:
What a shame, seems like you`ve all given up on this!
I was really looking forwards to making some really good custom RB stuff, but it all seems so over-complicated (I agree with above poster).
However - NONE of the clones come anywhere close to being as good as RB or GH, it just isnt the same....

Looks like Harmonix won this battle....

I'd love to work on this more, but I don't have a copy of the PS2 Dev Kit, nor do I have much time to put in to this. And that's just PSS decrypt, and muxing audio into it. I don't know any coding languages, so it'd be impossible for me to write a program to replicate it efficiently anyways.
Look no further!

BNSClub.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Zero0920
thesentence  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did we decide 2.9 or 2.95 seconds of offset to the audio file?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, if u want to try to customize RB2, that's totally possible with the export songs feature since they export in the CON file format for the 360.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:
Oh my god I've never seen a bunch of bitching children like this before.

OMG I got perma-rockered! /world

So fucking what. Play your plastic guitar and get over it.
xorloser  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With some small changes ArkTool now supports Rockband2. Mogg encryption has changed since Rockband1 and so I will not be releasing the ArkTool update until song decryption is supported.
I was a bit disappointed by the response to the release of ArkTool last time. It seemed for ages everyone really wanted such a tool, but upon release of both the tool and its sourcecode, only 2 ppl ever donated to show appreciation :P References to it were even removed from this board.

Just to let people know, it appears that Rockband2 will work with unencrypted Moggs as well as with Moggs that are encrypted with the old encryption format found in Rockband1.

It also looks like Rockband2 does an SHA hash check over at least some of the important files such as midi and dtb, so these files wouldnt be able to be changed.

Assuming it does not do hash checks on the files inside "exported songs" packages, then it should be possible to make custom songs inside these. I have not yet tried this to know for sure if it is doable however.
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xorloser wrote:
With some small changes ArkTool now supports Rockband2. Mogg encryption has changed since Rockband1 and so I will not be releasing the ArkTool update until song decryption is supported.
I was a bit disappointed by the response to the release of ArkTool last time. It seemed for ages everyone really wanted such a tool, but upon release of both the tool and its sourcecode, only 2 ppl ever donated to show appreciation :P References to it were even removed from this board.

Just to let people know, it appears that Rockband2 will work with unencrypted Moggs as well as with Moggs that are encrypted with the old encryption format found in Rockband1.

It also looks like Rockband2 does an SHA hash check over at least some of the important files such as midi and dtb, so these files wouldnt be able to be changed.

Assuming it does not do hash checks on the files inside "exported songs" packages, then it should be possible to make custom songs inside these. I have not yet tried this to know for sure if it is doable however.

This is very good news, now we need a tool to eliminate the need of having to hex edit all the custom files into the CON file. So far, people have already been able to change the name of the songs, but that's it. Still have yet to see custom audio or anything, and I have an idea as to that. I think (or at least I can't) find the pointers in the CON file that store what offset that a file starts at. Like sayitaintso.mogg starts at 0x01E00 (i found this out on my own). If we could change these pointers, then if u mess up the ordering of the files in the CON file, then u can just change the pointers to look at the offset u choose.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

xorloser  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CON files have been around for ages, I am not sure if there are publicly released tools to edit them though. There is a tool out called wxPirs that will browse them and extract from them.
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it wouldn't be that hard to make a tool that can extract and edit (import) custom files. I wonder why no one has done that... so I took the liberty of making one (or at least trying to) that reads Rock Band CON files, but, but I aam having trouble with the writing part of the tool. It can read the files just fine (except trainkeptarollin, greengrass, and the long The Who song that I cant remember the name; they have funky file structures), but when I use it to import a .mogg file, it messes up the offsets. This is why it would be nice to know where the pointers are stored in the header that tell the game what offset of the CON file to look at when loading a file. I have a BIG hunch that they are with the file list, but i just can't find them.

Can anyone tell me how something like WxPirs opens a CON file and has the offsets?

Oh, if it matters, this is being written in C#.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

Teancum  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepoop555 wrote:
well, it wouldn't be that hard to make a tool that can extract and edit (import) custom files.

Rebuilding files inside [x] type of container is nowhere near as easy as extracting them.
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like some programs (not WxPirs) have trouble with extracting a file from a CON container.

Do you think it would be possible to create a CON file from scatch? The game doesnt have a limit on how many exported songs there can be, i think at least. Just as long as you have the correct headers and file offsets, and then sign with a resigner, it actually seems somewhat easy.

Any ideas to that theory?

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I knew I remember seeing a page about the CON header/file table.

Link, but heres the table I'm talking about.

The "code" being the offset counting from the beginning of each filename (00)
Code:
Offset  Size Description

0x00    40   File name, null-padded
0x28    1    Length of file name, plus flags
0x29    3    Size of file in 4096 byte blocks (little endian)
0x2C    3    Copy of 0x29
0x2F    3    Starting cluster number of file (little endian)
0x32    2    Path indicator (big endian)
0x34    4    Size of file in bytes (big endian)
0x38    4    Update date/time stamp of file
0x3C    4    Access date/time stamp of file

So yeah, using that data, you can insert a song now

Edit: ThePoop, after studying the info on that page, it is clear the the CON doesn't read through offset, but through those 4096 byte blocks (1000 in hex) which is why all file offsets are perfect '000s. I'm currently making a list of what offset is which block number.
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks, im not that good when it comes to hex things, just started getting into it a couple weeks ago, still getting the hang of it. That would be great though, appreciate it!

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: