FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FG1NS - RB2 Easy guitar
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qirex  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: FG1NS - RB2 Easy guitar Reply with quote

Most Recent Achievements

Similar in spirit to the 58 songs, 58 stars "accomplishment" i had a couple years back, I've just completed my quest to become the first ever to FG1NS an entire game's on-disc setlist.

What's a FG1NS? A full game 1 note-streak. But here's the part that will make the community argue: you ALSO have to get 100%. "But that's not part of the acronym anywhere, so TECHNICALLY YOU DON'T NEED TO GET 100% BECAUSE FG1NS MEANS JUST FULL GAME ONE NOTE STREAK."

Except that you do, because that's the definition I just made up, so too bad.

The scores, complete with pics:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=107645&game=2&platform=2&size=1&team=0&group=1&diff=1&vox=solo

I also tried to drop all holds as quickly as I could, trying to produce the minimum score possible while still getting 100%. Also I skipped all the BRE sections (but still hit the notes at the end).

possibly-interesting points of note:

Due to the way the rock meter drains (it drains more for dropping/overstrumming early on a hold than a 'regular' note), this made it possible to fail out on songs with lots of holds at the end of the song. White Wedding, IIRC, was one such monster.

Additionally, the best I could ever do, at least when I was paying attention, was a +2 in ticks from a hold, even if I dropped it as quickly as *I* was able to.

The solo bonuses in LTBR make it impossible to *not* 5-star the song if you get 100%.

Any Way you Want it was especially tricky to not inadvertently abuse the timing window and get a 2 NS, since there were frequently 2 notes very close together.

The competition on RB2 Easy Guitar is light enough that I'm currently in 5th place overall.

Last edited by qirex on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:02 pm; edited 54 times in total
qirex  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 hours of non-stop Guitar - finally got a buddy over to help out with the Platinum Artist / Endless setlist goal. Not having gone through it before, I was somewhat surprised when GGaHT came up at around song #50. In retrospect, it makes sense form a "whole band difficulty" perspective, but it was a shocker when it came up. I still usually fail out once (sometimes twice) on that song, but I managed to make it all the way through with what was probably my best run ever. Of course, I had my buddy on bass hoarding his OD through the entire second solo, so we got our first 4* performance of the set.

Overall, it didn't seem to take nearly as long as I'd anticipated. The time went by pretty quickly, all things considered. No failures/re-do's, one 5 minute restroom break, and a good number of gold stars along the way, along with a handful of 2x100% runs. And there were no sudden thunderstorms, power surges, or disc read errors to bone us 35 songs into it.

So once we got done with that, we determined we might as well pick up the "big in Moscow" achievement. Which unfortunately meant playing the "Drum legends" set, and "Won't get fooled again" by itself, since we hadn't done those yet. Playing WGFA for the 3rd time in 40 minutes, after playing 66 straight songs was a bit tedious.

Then, on Sunday, I finally got up to 6 million on my Vox career, which was my short-goal, AND got my 3rd, 4th, and 5th Vocal GS. (In Bloom, Paranoid, Flirtin' with Disaster).

Finally -- and this is more of a "my wife" accomplishment -- but last week I got my first "band" gold star with my wife on Drums and me on Guitar. She's about 80% of the way through her hard career on drums, and there's only a handful of songs she'll do on expert, so the opportunity for this doesn't come up very often. The song was Brass in Pocket - which is pretty easy, but it still took a good run on her part, so I was proud of us.
qirex  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(bump)

I finally sat down and played some guitar again tonight, and hit my goal of 8 million in the main setlist. Just 2 million in vox left to go to have 8 million on each!

I know it's not a huge milestone for a lot of people here, but it took me a while to get this last 500k, and I'm happy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for 7mil on Vox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally hit my goal of 8 million on all 4 instruments (on Expert.)

It would appear that I'm the first person on SH to have done this. (and actually post the scores.)

I did some handiwork with excel, and if ViolinHero had ever bothered to play bass, he could've been there a while ago, but he never did, so I won the competition that nobody new I was having! Same with Crazed. Blob could've gotten it, too, with a couple vox improvements, but once again, having a competition that nobody else knew about paid off for me!

Code:

Name                Guitar     Bass          Drums     Vocals                Total
blob           9,854,035     9,030,497     8,041,997     7,869,175     34,795,704
Crazed         9,975,512     4,822,939     8,208,172    10,146,517     33,153,140
qirex          8,019,474     8,100,918     8,266,134     8,038,754     32,425,280
violinhero86  10,081,497       624,660      10,087,227  11,349,741     32,143,125
bghojo72       9,157,794     8,868,898     8,609,997     5,380,652     32,017,341
b3nz0r         8,913,651     8,906,730     9,406,473     4,410,699 

note the above were for 360 only, but I did check the PS3 and PS2 boards for anyone else having 8m x4, but found none.

Last edited by qirex on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:07 am; edited 2 times in total
duck  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont mean to burst your bubble, but ive done it, i just dont have everything on scorehero.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
sk84life293  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1st to 8 million on all 4 instruments ~~ Qirex' stuff Reply with quote

qirex wrote:

April 6

I finally hit my goal of 8 million on all 4 instruments (on Expert.)

It would appear that I'm the first person on SH to have done this.

If ViolinHero had ever bothered to play bass, he could've been there a while ago, but he never did, so I won the competition that nobody new I was having! Same with Crazed. Blob could've gotten it, too, with a couple vox improvements, but once again, having a competition that nobody else knew about paid off for me!

Hahaha... that made me Rofl.
Sigged
qirex  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck - duly noted, and edited into the main post

Quote:
It would appear that I'm the first person on SH to have done this. (and actually post the scores.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qirex wrote:
Duck - duly noted, and edited into the main post

Quote:

lawl.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
qirex  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a 5* RTTH and Timmy on guitar, giving me 58/58 on-disc 5-stars. Neither were necessarily *high* 5-stars, but hey - it's pretty good for me. Rock Band makes me feel like a better fake-plastic guitar player than GH ever did.

Yeah - its not impressive to most people here. Fuck you and your superior fake-plastic skillz.

And for good measure, I FC'ed Limelight in solo (guitar) mode. I've done it a few times in BWT, but kept dicking it up every time I did it solo.

And on an GH note, I got my first 5* on freebird this afternoon, too. I can also play the entire beginning of Jordan without looking at the screen, much to the amazement of the neighbor kids. I didn't mention the part about how I fail at 59% every damn time - i just paused it before the beginning of the bridge and let them wander off in amazement. One of these days I'll beat that fucking song....

Last edited by qirex on Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Enter77  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol nice accomplishments.

Expert drums career score goals RB1:
9.5 Mil. [X] | 10 Mil. [X] | 10.5 Mil. []
qirex  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 21

Finally convinced my wife to play through the last few (15-song) sets with me, and got all the "big in" achievements knocked out.

Still not really enough for a bump, so I'll just edit it in here.

April 16 - finally got 5* on RTTH on bass, giving me 58/58 5* there, too.

not really enough for a bump, so I'll just edit it in here.

April 14

I finally nailed The elusive quadruple-double! I've defined this as 10 or more gold stars on all 4 instruments. As a bonus, I got 10 or more on "just the on-disc" songs -- so I didn't even have to pad my stats with "easy DLC songs". I think my 10th Vox GS was Maps, but it might've been Tom Sawyer (I got 10 and 11 in a hurry)

On top of that, I was working through my one-man-band BWT, and picked up my first OMBFC (one-man-band-full-combo).

I did it several times, but kept having unused OD (and no gold). My half-ass attempt at pathing finally paid off, though..

I think I'm going to try to FC the shit out of this song, if the new set of drums (from RMA) is up to the challenge. By which I mean: an FC on Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vox, and double-FC's in Voxtar, Bass+Vox, and Drum+Vox solo mode. I think I can do it - I got several -1's on the voxtar (damn you strummies!) and I've had a few +2/-1 runs on the drums -- adding the vox in shouldn't too big of an obstacle.

And I improved my Vox score to 8.6 million, which means, I guess, that it's now my "best" fake-plastic instrument. I'm also in the top 200 fake-plastic singers on XBL, now. Who would have thunk?

Last edited by qirex on Sat May 03, 2008 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had to follow me up didn't you
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
qirex  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - I'll admit it -- seeing your post about the VoxTar double-FC in your ESL thread definitely motivated me to give it an honest try. Mine was on Bass/Vox though - I kept missing one of the strummies in Voxtar mode.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.. out of fucking nowhere.. this:

a 5-star BBF run on drums. Good enough for 6th on SH?!?! Me? I don't believe it, and I was there.

3-sticks FTW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: