FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drum Sructural Support "Mod". Works for all models
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twinkletowz  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xBaDxHackeRx wrote:
Argh.. I have a Wii QM set and it seems that the crescent and the other part (the one that touches the underside of the red/green drum) can't be completely the same angle.. one must be angled from the other side.

this was stated early on in the thread... the pieces need to be cut at approximately 15 degrees off.
benchinapark  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so guys
i just read the thread
so the best way is to not mirror the angles on both pads????
also...how did you guys cut the crescent? i have a little hack saw at home and i plan on doing this mod....
and sanding and painting and stuff....

also i dnt understand what (i think BriGuy) was saying with the toilet paper roll or sumtin like that....
shed some light???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Bench In A Park
Xcalibur  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Print the template and cut it out - you'll want to wrap it around the pvc one way for one strut, and then flip it over so the face that was on the outside originally is instead against the pipe for the second one.

(You'll probably just want to print it twice, it tends to get a little damaged.)

You'll also want to make sure you get whatever PSI rating is listed, I ended up getting one that was over twice as much (it was all they had, and I wanted me some damn struts! ) - ended up being a huge bitch to work with though.
benchinapark  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i meant like
to cut the crescent..did you guys just like just cut it straight up?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Bench In A Park
ILikeTape  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to save money, go to my post on custom struts:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=173999#173999

benchinapark  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILikeTape wrote:
to save money, go to my post on custom struts:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=173999#173999

well....actually...no offense or anything...
ur "custom struts" look fugly as hell...and they are not even aligned correctly for it to work....
so yea...ur struts = shit.....but hey to each their own..i would rather have something that looks awesome and that actually works....
no offense..
Surukei  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made mine today, in honor of getting Rock Band 2. I got the game at like 11, ran some errands, got home around 1. And didn't even play it until like 4 because I was making this and fine tuning it to get it perfect. Still not perfect but, pretty fucking close.

Thank you so much for the amazing idea, it's the greatest fucking thing since I put mouse pads on my set. The difference of playing with it and without it is truly amazing. Like. 250% performance increase. Just THAT much more less dropped notes. amazing.

Thanks again. Thanks a bunch.

Edit: Yeah I know I missed the T in "adjustment", just a typo. *Shrugs*

Edit II: ROCK BAND 2 IS F***ING AMAZING. Go purchase it right now. Stop reading this. Just go get it. . .now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the outer diameter of the needed PVC pipes in mm (Millimeter)?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

animalica wrote:
Can anyone tell me the outer diameter of the needed PVC pipes in mm (Millimeter)?

Thanks in advance!

Just over 1.25 inch or 3.25cm. Inner diameter is 2.5cm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply.
That should help me to find some suited metric material.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to create a structural support mod that will allow me to use the Madcatz drum cymbals as well? The parts where the cymbals attach to the main drums get in the way of my current structural support mod.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DSavior808 PSN Name: DSavior
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSavior wrote:
Is it possible to create a structural support mod that will allow me to use the Madcatz drum cymbals as well? The parts where the cymbals attach to the main drums get in the way of my current structural support mod.

I've got this mod and I was able to get the MadCatz cymbals on. The triple pack may be different, but at least for the 2 pack, the cymbal attachment has two inner grooves that accept the rim on the drum. The manual says to use the bottom inner groove, but you can use the top one to accept the rim. If you use that one and push up the structual arm, it should fit. This does make it extra snug and I guess depending on your original construction it may be too snug and not fit at all. If you trim off just a little bit on the structural arms it will make it fit. Be warned that if you do so and then later remove the cymbals, the arms will then be too short.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so basically the same things you can get at goodwoods? and just a tip, when hes charging 25 dollars, dont tell people they can do it themselves for less than $2, thats like target saying, oh you can buy this at best buy for 20 dollars cheaper dude, go there instead
epi4561  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

discgolferpro wrote:
respectjsb wrote:
argh, I give up, I can't get these cuts right. If anyone has an extra set of these (or is willing to make one) and will sell for a 'reasonable' price, send me a PM. I don't need any tape, paint, felt, etc....just accurately cut PVC. I will edit/delete this post after a deal has been made

EDIT: I mistakenly posted two pictures of the template. I thought the other one would be a vertical mirror image but I was wrong. Use this single template for both struts. For the green strut wrap the template around the PVC so the lines are on the outside. For the red strut wrap the template so that the lines are on the inside (against the PVC pipe). Sorry for the confusion.

StrutTemplate.jpg - WrapStrut.jpg

I'm still waiting for the paint to cure on the second strut. I'll add the pics to my thread when I have both struts made but you can print these templates and check your angles.

I hope you don't mind, I took your image and cleaned it up a bit. I also made a few other changes:

1) I changed the resolution size from 72 dpi to 300 dpi. Doing this created a much larger image, but it will print much cleaner lines.

2) I added two horizontal lines to let you know when the template is perfectly straight. just make sure the lines overlap when you wrap it around the tube.

3) Nothing special, but I flipped the image and created separate "A" and "B" image so you can keep the print side up for both supports.

jay09  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Might try this out one of these days.

Regards,
Jay
Pret travaux
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: