FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/18/08 DLC (At the Gates, The Haunted, Evile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordAnarchy  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashers is a fucking beast of a song, gl with a fc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there were a lot more challenging songs like these then I would probably keep rockband .
jibbygog  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:

EDIT2 : ATG Live this summer sounds great - I didn't know they had reunited. Another concert to add to the Behemoth/Keep of Kalessin one in two weeks, and the Symphony X one in 3 weeks - going to be a good few months, methinks

Oh? Where were you going to go see Behemoth and Keep at? I was thinking about going to the one on April 5th in Columbus.

But, as for the pack, I can NOT wait to get this. I'm going to be growling these sooo much. Everything looks fun. Hell, even the bass looks interesting. All in all, this will be one of my favorite packs ever.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Columbus on the 5th - I'm probably going with dspoonrt and dpoeschl from the forums - even Dimmu should be fun - they're a little cheesy, but Hestnae has the best voice in metal, so just to see him do his thing live will be omg-awesome!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
weezescorcho  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
weezescorcho wrote:
Why would they even put Thrasher in this game, considering that the game itself can't even recognize strumming that fast? It's pretty much been proven that the game can't recognize the fast part in Green Grass, so why put Thrasher on here?

I mean, it's awesome, but how fun can it be when even if you're hitting it perfectly, it won't reognize it??

It is strummable - I'm not very good at fast strumming, and I've managed to hold a 4x combo for quite some time.

Having said that, Thrasher is FUCKING difficult - the only way I 5*'d it was by FCing the final solo under SP - the strumming bits hurt my soul

Also, FC'd Blinded By Fear on my second attempt - final tier WHY?

EDIT : also, this is the bestest pack EVA - can't wait to try vocals this evening - not even going to attempt drums with my meager abilities

EDIT2 : ATG Live this summer sounds great - I didn't know they had reunited. Another concert to add to the Behemoth/Keep of Kalessin one in two weeks, and the Symphony X one in 3 weeks - going to be a good few months, methinks

I'm not the fastest strummer around, but wouldn't these songs be faster than GG&HT?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BWjrEwXyaSg

This isn't a scientific test, but wouldn't this make parts such as the one in GG and parts in Thrasher be impossible?
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting - I hadn't seen that before, but just a while ago I was playing Thrasher (didn't beat my old score ) and was holding combo every now and again - it's either a defect with the Strat (I use the Les Paul exclusively), or maybe I am incorrect, and you can keep a combo for a while, but eventually that issue will occur.

Or perhaps they've even patched the 360 version to remove that limitation - I sincerely doubt anybody will FC Thrasher (GS will be insanely impressive) anyhow, but, like I say, you definitely can keep a combo on it - I'll post a vid when I get my new video capture device to demonstrate.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
nitemare  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg i love this pakk still need tons of work on drums but sightread all 3 songs on guitar...i hope to have more metal on this game.

that Keep and Behemoth show is gonna be sweet. i have seen Behemoth many times, and i have been a fan of Keep for some time...finally get to see them! yey. i also like dimmu so it will be a great time!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: immortalkz
PohatuJr  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played Thrasher.

I think my hands died...
Why aren't you? lol

Proud Drummer of Stillborn Fury
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaterOfCheese wrote:
Bleh... vocals are lame for all three.. well, I guess I just say that because I'm not a screamo kind of guy... but still, 3 songs with nothing but talky parts?

Screamo is a genre in of itself that sprung from emo and hardcore. It's not a singing style. Secondly there are 3 fairly distinct vocal styles, Eviles more spoken word style yelling, At the Gates higher octave screaming, and The Haunted's more low octave guttural vocals.

Mostly the screamo thing though, none of these songs are screamo or anything like screamo.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
EaterOfCheese wrote:
Bleh... vocals are lame for all three.. well, I guess I just say that because I'm not a screamo kind of guy... but still, 3 songs with nothing but talky parts?

Screamo is a genre in of itself that sprung from emo and hardcore. It's not a singing style. Secondly there are 3 fairly distinct vocal styles, Eviles more spoken word style yelling, At the Gates higher octave screaming, and The Haunted's more low octave guttural vocals.

Mostly the screamo thing though, none of these songs are screamo or anything like screamo.

QFT - personally, I think that the vocals on DOA, in particular, are awesome - there's about three phrases which I just can't hit though, and I'm a pretty good growler
weezescorcho  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
Interesting - I hadn't seen that before, but just a while ago I was playing Thrasher (didn't beat my old score ) and was holding combo every now and again - it's either a defect with the Strat (I use the Les Paul exclusively), or maybe I am incorrect, and you can keep a combo for a while, but eventually that issue will occur.

Or perhaps they've even patched the 360 version to remove that limitation - I sincerely doubt anybody will FC Thrasher (GS will be insanely impressive) anyhow, but, like I say, you definitely can keep a combo on it - I'll post a vid when I get my new video capture device to demonstrate.

I trust you, and obviously I don't know myself, either. I can't wait to play this one. Would you say that Thrasher is faster than the fast strum part in GGAHT? If you can get a combo going in Thrasher, then GGAHT should indeed be possible...very hard, but possible.
Piso  

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weezescorcho wrote:
I trust you, and obviously I don't know myself, either. I can't wait to play this one. Would you say that Thrasher is faster than the fast strum part in GGAHT? If you can get a combo going in Thrasher, then GGAHT should indeed be possible...very hard, but possible.

Thrasher is 13.86 nps by ajanatas charts. GGAHT is 15. Also, GGAHT IS possible, but you basically have to be strumming 100% accurate for the whole thing.
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

My GH2 co-op paths hosting

10:56 JR626-1 : i'm half retarded now
10:56 jaimeclaude : now?
10:56 psxfreak101 : only half?

EMGAP  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should all get rythm lessons so we can keep tempo. At least that helped me *ALMOST* combo the stream of Solo 2E.

Honestly I think you just need ALOT of stamina and accurate tempo just to be able to hold 4x for half a minute. Altough I do think Harmonix knows what they were doing. If you can only hit 15 notes per second then Solo 2E is just at the brink. Thrasher IS FCable but it'd take some part of your soul with it
Surtr  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! Finally some actual metal. I want some black metal 8-). Mayhem would be fun.
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: