FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/18/08 DLC (At the Gates, The Haunted, Evile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MavsPride41  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:
Expert drum vids:

D.O.A.
Evile

Didn't have time to upload my terrible run of Blinded By Fear. I'll get one up tonight.

You're D.O.A video is unavailable But nice job on Thrasher, song looks kick-ass.

edit: Now it's saying your other vid is unavailable too
v1g1lance  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:
Expert drum vids:

D.O.A.
Evile

Didn't have time to upload my terrible run of Blinded By Fear. I'll get one up tonight.

Nuts, I can't see the vids.

Hell I can't even pass Blinded by Fear. did you pass the first attempt??
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, not sure why they're unavailable now. I'm back at work, so I won't be able to look into it until this evening.

And no, I didn't pass Blinded By Fear on my sightread, not my next 3 attempts. But I eventually passed it by leaving out the 16ths on the right hand (so the HH and snare don't hit together) unless it was during OD. I passed with ~4.75 stars. The score wasn't 1st on XBL, but it was 1st on expert (the top 10 were on hard it looked like).

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vids are back up!

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
mKh  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded this pack

Thrasher is impossible!!!
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh... vocals are lame for all three.. well, I guess I just say that because I'm not a screamo kind of guy... but still, 3 songs with nothing but talky parts?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EaterOfFromage
Javman158  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum Sightreads:

Blinded By Fear - after failing 3 times, I did the same thing as gurn with the alternating hits, and still failed at 92%...ugh

Thrasher - dragged through the sightread, horrible score, ran through again and got just shy of 5 stars.

DOA - I killed myself on the first two and had a crappy run here, but nothing too outlandishly difficult here IMO.

Guitar Sightreads:

Thrasher - This is probably the one time I actually wished I had used the LP instead of the Strat. Passed with 75k on sightread, 78% on the main solo. I kept combo through one of the fast strumming sections once (and by section I mean one of the sets of fast strums between those 3-5 HO/PO notes).

Blinded By Fear - GSed it on the sightread, barely. Not all that difficult. Playing Thrasher first helped a lot I think.

DOA - Haven't played yet.

Gonna make sure I pass Blinded by Fear on drums tonight when I get off of work, and maybe I'll go for a FC of it on guitar this week.
wpimpaler  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My strum bar on my LP is now limp and barely working after Thrasher on expert...

I'll pass it eventually.
wicked  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H63-M3RdD8M

Vid of Blinded by Fear in practice... I'm not the creator of the video, just figured it'd be nice to post here since this is what the thread is for, previews before you buy...

As for the song itself? I'm no elite like Gurn and them, but I can easily 98 and 99 almost every song in the game (not that many gold stars tho, sadly), and this.... gave me trouble haha. It was strange because when I first saw the pattern come up i got excited because that is the exact method I use to BS the "main riff" on Blackened, just alternate the snare and bass hits instead of trying to do the actual bass rhythm, and luckily thats what this IS so I was like sweet, I can probably hit most of this...

WRONG. I ended up doing the Gurn method (on my own tho, since that's more like what usual blast beats are anyway, not the constant 16th hihats but alternating lol) and getting like... 75% in the end. Kinda wondering how you got 4.75 stars doing that method, since it makes it a ton easier and the middle is nothing difficult at all... I thought I hit most everything that I should have but guess not

Oh well, time to find a trick to combo'ing it. I'm thinking train myself to put my left foot down with the snare and then pretend to double pedal, which would cause all my right foot hits to be where they should be....

BSCLY SONGS CRAZY FOOOLS
Thrice  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SQPO-gaGivE

Here is an Expert Guitar video of Thrasher. Video by Tahmer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wicked wrote:
WRONG. I ended up doing the Gurn method (on my own tho, since that's more like what usual blast beats are anyway, not the constant 16th hihats but alternating lol) and getting like... 75% in the end. Kinda wondering how you got 4.75 stars doing that method, since it makes it a ton easier and the middle is nothing difficult at all... I thought I hit most everything that I should have but guess not

I can do the full pattern, but only for little bursts at a time. So when there were white notes, or when I had OD activated, I pushed myself to try to do it as best I could. And then when there was no OD, I'd still try to do the pattern as much as I could, although it was in little spurts.

yakityyakblah wrote:

ashydezzie  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: PSN users in limbo Reply with quote

Tuesday is such a good and bad day for me ( and anyone who relies on the Playstation store)
Because I get to see what is available this week, but I'll be lucky to get this by the weekend.

O well, at least we got FUEL coming next week! eeeeek
luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh.

Need some Dave Matthews Band DLC.
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
wicked  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:
wicked wrote:

I can do the full pattern, but only for little bursts at a time. So when there were white notes, or when I had OD activated, I pushed myself to try to do it as best I could. And then when there was no OD, I'd still try to do the pattern as much as I could, although it was in little spurts.

I ended up doing this too and got just under 100,000.... It's really friggin tough to keep up with the right hand lmao
InjuredStatus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrasher = Difficult.

Tremolos AND Jordan-Like solos? Holy shit.

By the way, I really do appreciate that they release all of these songs. Lol, I have more DLC than songs on the disc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: