FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
European Exclusive Songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yen24  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclusive
adj.
1. Excluding or tending to exclude: exclusive barriers.
2. Not allowing something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive conditions.
3. Not divided or shared with others: exclusive publishing rights.
4. Not accompanied by others; single or sole: your exclusive function.
5. Complete; undivided: gained their exclusive attention.
6. Not including the specified extremes or limits, but only the area between them: 20–25, exclusive; that is, 21, 22, 23 and 24.
7. Excluding some or most, as from membership or participation: an exclusive club.
8. Catering to a wealthy clientele; expensive: exclusive shops.
9. Linguistics. Of, relating to, or being a first person plural pronoun that excludes the addressee, such as we in the sentence Chris and I will be in town tomorrow, so we can stop by your office.

Its not looking good. CURSE YOU ENGLISH LANGUAGE!

DLC Request By Month: The Vines (08/08), Jefferson Airplane (09/08), The Tragically Hip (10/08) Chilliwack (11/08), Deep Purple (12/08), Joy Division (01/09)

Yen24.1up.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yen24
lygallday1212  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont you guys just make a european account on your PS3? cuz i have both japanese and US accounts. all you do is make a new user and go from there. pm if you need help. the reason i made a jap. account is because they get things on the PSstore earlier than US does. so i can download demos and such and play them on both users.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slave1pilot PSN Name: leftovercrack12
Justaddwater  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could go either way in my opinion, I can understand that they would want to give us Europeans some sort of compensation for having to wait such an absurd amount of time but then again I just cant see Harmonix letting some regions be without. Especially when the money guzzling EA is behind the wheel, they wouldn't let a DLC opportunity go to waste.

lygallday1212 wrote:
why dont you guys just make a european account on your PS3? cuz i have both japanese and US accounts. all you do is make a new user and go from there. pm if you need help. the reason i made a jap. account is because they get things on the PSstore earlier than US does. so i can download demos and such and play them on both users.

If what we are expecting turns out to be true, the exclusive tracks would be on the disc and not available to download so that method wouldnt work
iagomonk  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
If they give them to us as some kind of 'compensation' for fucking us over for so long and then you get them as DLC, it's hardly going to mean anything is it? We deserve something over you lot for a change.

All you "deserve" is a kick in the balls.

No one has fucked you over intentionally. I'm sure HMX wants to make as much money as they can. I.E: selling their game in Europe as soon as it's available, and collecting money for DLC. Anything else is a stupid business decision.

Last edited by iagomonk on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:17 am; edited 2 times in total
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that helpful addition to this topic.

Why don't you tell us why we shouldn't be compensated for getting fucked over, hmm?

EDIT: Heh, good work on editing in that second paragraph while I was typing so that it makes my post look out of context...

So you reckon we haven't been fucked over deliberately? Prove it. I refuse to believe there's a valid reason for such a ridiculous delay until someone official tells us otherwise, because it quite honestly seems like they're too busy being all happy with the NTSC market to bother with anyone else in the world.

I don't give a shit if it makes me sound like a spoiled child, because I guarantee there'd be a shitstorm if a game like this came out in Europe first and the US release was delayed endlessly without explanation, you'd all be whining like hell, talk of lawsuits and whatever the hell else. If you didn't get something to make up for it, there'd be hell to pay and you damn well know it.

(Further editing for typos and shit.)

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?

Last edited by thecaptainof on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total
iagomonk  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get them for free, and we have to pay for them, will that make you happy enough?

Acting entitled just makes you sound like a spoiled child.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See response above in an edit.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
machchunk  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iagomonk wrote:
If you get them for free, and we have to pay for them, will that make you happy enough?

It would still be less meaningful because we would have the chance to get the same extra songs that they got, even with all the crap they've had to put up with.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
iagomonk  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concede I would be extremely anxious if someone had something I really wanted, and no information was available about its release. I might even begin to believe wild conspiracy theories.

I fail to see how punishing people who had the game first, "makes things even", and further repeat it would be a stupid business decision. Companies in a capitalist country always do whatever makes them money. Even if they thought it was "fair" or "even" to kick us in the balls, they would only do it if it made them a bunch of money.

Also, I apologize for my original tone. I am actually quite sympathetic to your situation, but can think of several situations that are win all around, and don't involve withholding content.
Magnet  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do find it hilarious that depriving others of content is enough to satisfy people who are victims of hardware production shortages. Like having American gamers not have access to songs is going to make Europeans feel better about getting the game later? Give me a break. How petty.

If you want them included in the cost of the disc and have Americans have to pay for them as DLC, that's reasonable. But to ask that Americans don't even get the option to pay for them as DLC is ridiculous. That idea is nonsensical for the artists who want additional revenue from DLC, for Harmonix who gets additional revenue from DLC, and for consumers who want as large a library as possible to make purchases from.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if we're talking 'good business sense', they should put the extra songs on the PAL disc and jack up the price accordingly (bearing in mind the bundle is likely to cost £150/$300 or more anyway), and then charge the NTSC region to download them.

What they'll probably do in practice is put them on the disc without jacking up the price and then give them to the NTSC region as a free download to avoid lawsuits from people complaining that we're getting better treatment and whatnot.

I'm trying to collect my thoughts into some kind of explanation of exactly what my problem is, I might post it here later if this topic doesn't end up getting canned.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
GuestWednesday  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yen24 wrote:
Exclusive
adj.

Well it's not an official document, it has typos etc., so probably not worth too much nitpicking... but anyway, it says PAL Exclusive. Bit of a stretch, but it might just mean exclusive in the realm of game discs, so not available on the NTSC discs. Could still be available for DLC.

thecaptainof wrote:

Why don't you tell us why we shouldn't be compensated for getting fucked over, hmm?

We get extras on the disc for "free" (much more expensive given exchange rates, but that's pretty much unavoidable). Not much point in revenge. I don't see how someone else not having a digital copy of what we have is compensation, except that there is less chance to make a profit. Now if we got it on the disc, and they sold it as DLC and directly paid us the profits, THAT would be compensation. :)
Yen24  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuestWednesday wrote:
Yen24 wrote:
Exclusive
adj.

Well it's not an official document, it has typos etc., so probably not worth too much nitpicking... but anyway, it says PAL Exclusive. Bit of a stretch, but it might just mean exclusive in the realm of game discs, so not available on the NTSC discs. Could still be available for DLC.

Yeah. I was just joking. I definitely hoping thats the case.

DLC Request By Month: The Vines (08/08), Jefferson Airplane (09/08), The Tragically Hip (10/08) Chilliwack (11/08), Deep Purple (12/08), Joy Division (01/09)

Yen24.1up.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yen24
Justaddwater  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Well, if we're talking 'good business sense', they should put the extra songs on the PAL disc and jack up the price accordingly (bearing in mind the bundle is likely to cost £150/$300 or more anyway), and then charge the NTSC region to download them.

What they'll probably do in practice is put them on the disc without jacking up the price and then give them to the NTSC region as a free download to avoid lawsuits from people complaining that we're getting better treatment and whatnot.

I'm trying to collect my thoughts into some kind of explanation of exactly what my problem is, I might post it here later if this topic doesn't end up getting canned.

I think I know where you're coming from, the Europeans (and especially us brits) get shafted 99% of the time when it comes to game releases. Quite a large majority of the games released nowadays are available on day one in every region but theres still an alarming amount of titles that arnt, most recently Smash bros and in this case (and alot more extreme) is Rock Band. Not only this but we end up paying over twice as much as Americans for the exact same product in most cases.

And now to what I think you're rational is, if this type of thing was reversed and it was the american region having to pay more and wait over half a year more there would be hell to pay, a recent example of this type of attitude was when the xbox 360 price got cut over here, alot of people were crying out for a price cut in the U.S even though 360s in the UK STILL cost more than they do in the US

/generalizing

P.S yay for getting rock band for free.
GuestWednesday  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justaddwater wrote:
P.S yay for getting rock band for free.

play.com? damn i really should have gone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: