FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Next To You
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sort of an OD path comment.

I can't fucking stand measure 13. Why did they have to mess it up like that? I hit it MAYBE 10% of the time.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
MHSTenor09  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what exactly is the note separation between the two notes in that measure? it looks like about a 32nd, but is it less? and how do you go about hitting it?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
MHSTenor09 wrote:
what exactly is the note separation between the two notes in that measure? it looks like about a 32nd, but is it less? and how do you go about hitting it?

you know, someone should make a video of this or something.

There's 2 ways to go about this video:

1. Just a straight Gamebridge feed showing that it IS in fact possible with lots of practice (basically flam the blue and bass drum with the bass drum on the beat and the blue right after - it's about a 32nd note, maybe less).

or

2. A video of me throwing my sticks and kit across the room after missing it for the 50th time.

In all seriousness, yes it's a mistake, but yes, it's possible to hit consistently with TONS of attempts.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
raunch99  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote option 2.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not looked at this chart in the game, but my program, when drawing each beat 240 pixels wide (which is really freaking wide), doesn't seem to indicate any issues on that measure. See http://cs.uakron.edu/~unix204/nexttoyou-wide.png Could you please tell me which note is in question so I can look into it? Thanks.

At that width, a 240th note in theory should stand out at a different x-coordinate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MHSTenor09  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say from judging JCirri's note chart that it's actually about a 128th note... but that's just me. But I do agree that that measure in particular is, in fact, a load of bullshit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
ajanata  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I see what's going on. The assumption that notes within 30 MIDI file pulses from each other being a chord is false for Rock Band (at least on drums). This assumption is a carryover from Guitar Hero, where gameplay chords may not be actual chords as stored in the MIDI file. I'll attempt to adjust for this in my next release of the charts (which may be tonight). Thanks for the detective work.

I'm going to adjust to 15 MIDI pulses being a chord for the time being because that was another value floating around for Guitar Hero, and it works in this situation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very tricky, every time i see it coming i look like
NmitsTheFish  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if everyone keeps talking about it as if its a near-impossible feat, it'll discourage people.. my advice is to make that hit your bitch =) its just there to see if you're paying attention lol i hit it probably about 75-85% of the time now just so everybody knows its possible..

and gurn's explanation is best, treat it as a weird flam.. i actually just said that to deepblue, its just weird that i came in here and read that like 10 minutes after.

RB2 Goals (x Drums): 15.9 Mil [=)] 16 Mil [;\]
Reaganomics  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when I finally FC this, I end up having 1/4 star power left over. Damn.
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevin  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gurnkiller,

I see you're in 1st place. What's your path? When I get that tricky second overdrive, if I activate it immediately, soon there's up being a gap where the overdrive is being wasted. But if I save it, that seems to screw things up as well. What did you do?

I have the lowest score of the people who've FC'd it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Drums -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: