FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bands league

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rizzo  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Bands league Reply with quote

so im new here and i competed in the expert drums league and am in the middle of playoffs right now and its really fun. so i was wondering if theres ever gonna be a 4 person band league for expert hard medium etc. and you just get together with your band members online and submit the scores. That would be real fun and i would for sure be into it if it was run as good as the league im in now.

thank you
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds cool, the only problem is that there aren't a lot of full bands on scorehero.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think theres enough expert bands on the site to do a expert league or a tournament or something
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea, but limits players to basically 360 or PS3 unless you all go to one spot. being a PS2 player, i get all offended when people talk about full bands... makes me jealous.

#1 fan for AWG!... I need a life.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
Rizzo  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well then shut up because no one likes your PS2ers lol
Deimos  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think a full band league would be great, and we talked about it a little before the current season. Our concern is that a lot of bands will sign up, then it'll turn out that they can't actually make all their schedules fit, and a ton of them won't submit scores.

We may give one a shot in the next season of leagues anyway, and see how it actually goes. We'd probably reduce the number of songs per week to lower the amount of time people need to find to get the whole band together. 1-2 songs per week would probably be fine, getting everyone together to work on 4 songs would probably be pretty difficult.

Overall, I think it'd be a lot of fun, and I'll definitely try to figure out some way to make it work. PS2 players would probably still be able to participate (we'd have to discuss this, there are some scoring differences), but they'd have to actually get the band together physically, which is even harder.
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS2 ers can have a seperate band they organize on SH and like one person does Vox, one does Bass, and so on. there would be scoring differences, but it would still work. and if you have a full band that plays together, then you would just enter then 360/PS3 one. sounds good.

EDIT: i just came up with another idea. if we are going to do this full band thing, might as well do a co-op for GH3 leagues too.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
Rizzo  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but the problem with your PS2 idea is youre not thinking about star power and unison bonuses and stuff, you gotta play with eachother.
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rizzo wrote:
but the problem with your PS2 idea is youre not thinking about star power and unison bonuses and stuff, you gotta play with eachother.

yes, i relize this, but it's better than nothing. i like playing with other people, and being the only GH player for about 10 miles, i enjoy playing with other people.

akaRaZe  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this league would inspire people to form new bands, I for one don't submit scores for full bands, but if this league was implemented I would definitely seek out some friends on xbl and throw together a band.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even think you'd need different leagues for different difficulties.

I mean, you could all play on Easy, and FC songs, but that won't get you a high score.

Obviously the optimum is All Expert, but if people want to play on different difficulties, I say let 'em.

I mean, a Hard FC on Guitar won't amount to near as many points (in most songs) as a 98% run on Expert. So even though they are on an easier difficulty, it balances because they don't get as many points/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: