FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Voxtar Technique, with *VIDEO GUIDES* by sentimentalgeek!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
youre on ps2 stfu lol

Hey, the PS2 instruments are more crap then the 360 ones. Give a little love. :P

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and talkys are about 100x easier
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
machchunk  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
cdylan13 wrote:
youre on ps2 stfu lol

Hey, the PS2 instruments are more crap then the 360 ones. Give a little love. :P

Well, you do have the ability to use the SG. I'd say that rectifies that problem

Last edited by machchunk on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talkys are easier? Wow lol.

And SG's FTW \m/

:P

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou for this, this has helped me sooo much!
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did the voxtar ES today.

If you want to get 5 stars MAKE SURE you activate at the same time for vocals and guitar. It makes it a lot easier. If you don't, then its about 10x harder.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
I just did the voxtar ES today.

If you want to get 5 stars MAKE SURE you activate at the same time for vocals and guitar. It makes it a lot easier. If you don't, then its about 10x harder.

Really? For the comparison thing right? The 4x comparison multiplyer.
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
RedSharkGuy  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried voxtar earlier.

Expert guitar and hard vox.

I had 98% / 99% respectively on Learn to Fly, and I had 94% / 100% respectively on Paranoid.
straty  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice guide, i didn't see it when i made mine. I was too new to understand what voxtar ment *slaps himself on the forhead*

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: straty1899
SH-James  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socialskills pretty much covered everything in the op, but I figured I would throw my hat in the ring in the off chance my experience might actually help someone make the leap to voxtar.

Just some background: I can pass anything non-DLC in the game with Expert/Expert on voxtar. Some are considerably more ugly than others, like the Bonus songs. DLC is spotty at that level, although I haven't found anything I can't eventually get with a few tries. Here's some tips...

1) Only sing on Expert. I cant stress this enough. It will only give you false self confidence to sing on any other level. There is a world of difference between Hard and Expert vocals - a world. If you can't pass a song on Expert solo singing, then practice some more until you can.

2) Understand how the game scores singing. It's not about matching your vocals to the singers, it's about matching your range. Don't try to sing too high into the stratosphere, keep your voice at a normal level and raise slightly during high parts and lower slightly during low parts.

3) Don't stress over vocals. In my experience, the songs that are the most difficult to sing are the ones I am worried about failing. Relax yourself, try to sing at your natural level. You will be amazed at how much this will improve your run. At parts with no guitar but with singing, close your eyes and sing! If it is a song you have heard a million times, even if you don't know the lyrics, you will be amazed at how well you do!

4) Don't sing the lyrics, sing the range. Hum, moan, bellow. Get the pitch down. Screw the words when you are first starting out. I know you've probably already played that stupid Aerosmith Train song a million times, you know how it goes even if you don't know a single lyric.

5) Focus on the instrument you are struggling on. When you get into trouble on the vocals, focus there. Guitar in the red, start moaning and bring it back into the green. Just remember vocals are always > guitar when in trouble. Keep your eyes on the ranges in vox, its way easier to fail and harder to recover at the top of the screen.

6) "Save your shit" - as my buddy and I always say when we play something we know someone will probably need to be saved on. Save your overdrive if your just looking to get through a song - no need to fail because you are playing for a high score that won't matter until you get closer to mastering the technique anyway.

7) Buy a damn mic stand already. If you are serious about voxtar, buy a mic stand! Mine looks like this, I bought it used at Guitar Center for $20. It will save you a lot of hassle and back-ache, plus its a great addition to a full band setup. Don't use the 360 headset, it has no range and will contribute to voxtar frustration.

Also, before I go - big thanks to sentimentalgeek. Her vids inspired me to try voxtar after becoming totally complacent after mastering the guitar. This method has opened the game up for me like I never imagined.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: mediamelt
sarysa  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to attempt vox + drums ESL today on all expert. Wish me luck. Unfortunately I have to warm up by doing boring songs over an over on all the "make a setlist"s I haven't done yet to get the stars I need first, and I don't really want a warmup. (yesterday my voice was making primal evolutionary sounds during Ballroom Blitz that was probably once used to scare off predators)

Anyway, what I've learned so far:
1. Xbox headset mic is a must. Period.
2. Regarding xbox headset sensitivity, I set it to about 3/4 the maximum and it picks up my voice just fine without too much interference. Funny part is, I've had short talkie parts filled in by the drums without me even realizing I missed them.
3. It's really important to actually know the songs on vox well enough to pass, or at least pass after no more than two saves. heh. I pretty much do not look at the vox chart unless the drum part is repeating.
4. There's nothing wrong with energy hoarding songs on drums for you don't like singing. (Gimme Shelter...I'm looking at you!)
5. RttH, is actually pretty reasonable after practing voxdrums on other songs. I sing it well but I drum it poorly, but I'm sure most of us know the lyrics well due to all our drum deaths. Hah.
6. The talky parts in Epic can be passed by just going like "blah blah blah" quickly. This doesn't work on Sabotage as it has some long talks in it.
7. Don't go for the vox percussion. But if you really want to, just go like "puh" in the microphone to match up what your main hand is doing. You'll get most anyway.
8. In WGFA, vox can energy hoard for the drum solo. It becomes available at the beginning of the organ solo so vox can save drums if you die before that.
9. In Sabotage, if you think you're going to go down vox before the long break in the song, (before WHYYYYYYYYYYYY) ignore the drums completely and focus on hitting the vox part. If you die right before the break, you won't get to a drumfill in time to save the vox. It's so incredibly lame.
10. Now that I've done it, I endured the entire ESL, didn't even die once, and only took one 30 second break. I guess the best advice I could give: Go easy on your voice/drums early on. I'd usually end a song early if I knew I couldn't die skipping a couple vocal/drum parts and it wouldn't cost me an extra star.
11. Singing in the lowest octave you're comfortable with requires less breathing. Don't go overboard in FP/LT vocals.

That's all I can think of right now. I've done about 90% of the ESL songs in the buildup, so I might have more after today.
Most difficult: Ramblin' Man (click to see!)
socialskills  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarysa: I think that's great information for people who want to get better at/do the Endless Setlist on Drums + Vocals, but this guide is strictly for Guitar + Vocals.

Your information is definitely good enough so that you should put it into its own post in the Multitasking forum; I don't think that many people who would benefit from the great information will be able to find it here
- All 3,255 RB1 BWT stars collected (solo, voxtar, expert)

Voxtar guide.
sarysa  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, will do. I can't think of a cool portmanteau for drums + vox though.
Most difficult: Ramblin' Man (click to see!)
tdchewy  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying the ESL on X Voxtar for the past few days, but had to give up because i just plain suck on guitar and couldnt pass ggaht..dammit! only had 7 songs left..Im gonna try it again tomorrow on voxbass..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several Voxtar videos up on youtube. Didn't try to increase scores or re tape multiple times just had fun... Search for Vosty3 on youtube and you can view some of my videos. Having the lyrics memorized for the most part helps when voxtaring for sure. I only play dual expert while sing/drums sing/bass or guitar. I haven't taken the time to perfect many of my techniques but its not as easy as it looks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vosty3 PSN Name: Vosty3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: