FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Voxtar Technique, with *VIDEO GUIDES* by sentimentalgeek!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshNeff  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat GGaHT on hard vox, expert guitar. I was pretty proud of that... espically because I used the POS headset as the mic... man that thing does not really work so well.

((edit:: my point being, don't use the headset because it's uhh... trash for vocals beyond easy.))

[ ] 5/6 Star Expert Guitar (~125/137)
[x] finish expert drums
[x] FC DOA (with screaming correctly)
[x] expert vocals all beaten
[x] finish endless setlist (expert)
[x] 5* GGaHT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ant 612
rabies  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 2 cents for those just starting on this.

while this topic says tips for guitar + vocals, I would recommend beginners try xpert bass+vocals to get a good feel for playing and singing at the same time. Bass is typically much easier than the guitar as it usually keeps a steady beat and has less complicated lines....when you get good, move onto x-guitar.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

final update!
- All 3,255 RB1 BWT stars collected (solo, voxtar, expert)

Voxtar guide.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be just me, but when I did Bass+Vocals instead of Guitar+Vocals, I had a much harder time getting 5 stars, no clue why...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
BobaFrets  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly because it's harder to score well enough with that band, as opposed to vox+guitar? Just a theory.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the Vox/Guitar and Vox/Bass have the same cutoffs?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
BobaFrets  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe - but in most cases, bass has fewer notes, thus it's harder to get to the same amount of points. At least that's my thinking on it, I don't honeslty pay much attention to points right now, just stars.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobaFrets wrote:
Maybe - but in most cases, bass has fewer notes, thus it's harder to get to the same amount of points. At least that's my thinking on it, I don't honeslty pay much attention to points right now, just stars.

Ya but thats my point. Say a song's 5 star cutoff is 300K for both Bass and Guitar, with the bass having a lot less notes. That means you'd have to completely nail the bass 98%+ to get the 5 star, even with a solid vocal performance, while with the guitar, with more notes and chords, you would have to get 94% or higher or something. (all the numbers there are hypothetical, just thinking out loud.)
Marty81  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting 5 stars with bass/vocals (over guitar/vocals) is more dependent on keeping your multipliers going. The 5* cutoff is something like 63% of the maximum possible score on the song (varies by song, but approx. that), and since bass can get up to a 6x multiplier, it hurts you more when you screw up and lose that multiplier.
BobaFrets  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
Say a song's 5 star cutoff is 300K for both Bass and Guitar, with the bass having a lot less notes. That means you'd have to completely nail the bass 98%+ to get the 5 star, even with a solid vocal performance, while with the guitar, with more notes and chords, you would have to get 94% or higher or something.

That's what I was trying to say - this is likely why it's harder to get 5* with bass+vox than with guitar+vox.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k cool
jrod321  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty81 wrote:
Getting 5 stars with bass/vocals (over guitar/vocals) is more dependent on keeping your multipliers going. The 5* cutoff is something like 63% of the maximum possible score on the song (varies by song, but approx. that), and since bass can get up to a 6x multiplier, it hurts you more when you screw up and lose that multiplier.

Yeah I completely agree with this, in my opinion the scores guitar and bass contribute to the full band isn't that much of a difference thanks to that x6 multiplier bass has, I think it basically makes up for the chords guitar has. Obviously this varies through the songs but keeping that multiplier going on bass is way more important than keeping a streak going on guitar since chords help make up for it.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Elite Draconian
machchunk  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of Static vs. Scrolling, I'll just throw my 2 cents in here. I use Scrolling, but I don't look directly at the vocals or guitar. I sort of focus at the space in between them. This way, I can keep track of both charts at the same time, and I don't have to make a full shift from one instrument to the other when one of them starts getting really tricky.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find Sabatoge to be MUCH easier on vocals than the tier placement suggest. Only hard thing is vocals, but the verses should be easier, so try and listen to the words then almost immeditaly, sing it. Sounds hard, but it got me a 99% vocals, 98% guitar.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youre on ps2 stfu lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: