FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC transfer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
freeqaz  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: DLC transfer Reply with quote

Hola everyone. I don't have a 360, but I was wondering one thing. Would I be able to take 2 360s, and copy the RB DLC from one hard drive to another? Or is it set to the console or something. I was just thinking that tonight. But I don't have a 360 yet, so I can't test.
Owning a business is hard work. If you need any tech advise, you can reach me at contact@nsgeek.net or check us out on the web at http://nsgeek.net . We specialize in Web Design and Computer Repair. Aloha!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aceplace  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to sign in on the xbox live profile used to originally purchase it when on a different xbox.
freeqaz  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I play DLC without being signed onto Xbox Live? I.E. Bring it to my friends house who doesn't have net and play it there?
Owning a business is hard work. If you need any tech advise, you can reach me at contact@nsgeek.net or check us out on the web at http://nsgeek.net . We specialize in Web Design and Computer Repair. Aloha!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GuestWednesday  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

360 DLC is tied to:
1) The console you bought it on. You can always play it on that console (not hard drive), using any gamertag, whether connected to Live or not.
2) The gamertag you bought it with. You can play it on any console at all if you sign in to Live with that gamertag. You can also download it again without paying.

So you'd have to carry the entire 360 console, not just the hard drive, to play it at your friend's house if you can't connect to Live there.
kdb424  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there a resigner? Of cource, only if he owned the songs too, and payed xbox for them. Cause that would be illegal.
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdb424 wrote:
Isn't there a resigner? Of cource, only if he owned the songs too, and payed xbox for them. Cause that would be illegal.

where is this resigner you talk of?
cause i haven't ever seen one anywhere, all i know is there is an exclusive resigner at 360gs and a couple people made a Halo 3 map resigner and aren't sharing. and another who made a Con DLC resigner, but again not public.

so is there a public one?
[x] come up with a realistic goal
[x] Beat Guitar Hero III before the official release on Sunday october 28th
kdb424  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Idea. I just know that they are there.
psychonic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a copy of 360gs save resigner. It's written in vb.net/c#, and can easily be decompiled (i checked), so if anyone is handy enough with .net, they could see how the saves are resigned in there and write a program to do it with content.
kdb424  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for the interest, but you can't post it here. Email is ok though I think, not saying anything, or anything, but that sounds cool.
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psychonic wrote:
I have a copy of 360gs save resigner. It's written in vb.net/c#, and can easily be decompiled (i checked), so if anyone is handy enough with .net, they could see how the saves are resigned in there and write a program to do it with content.

360gs resigner only signs Gamesaves i believe, it probably wouldn't work with a PIRS live file (RB content or any DLC for that matter)
the PIRS signature is only available to M$. you can't resign a signature you don't know, can you? no you can't.

so it wouldn't work, although decompiling the GS resigner and writing a new program that uses the same procedure and releasing it to the public would be cool, and it would really stick it the man (360gs)

so the 360gs resigner you have, can it be run in Windows? cause i thought the app was web based.
I'm not saying anything but if you sent the signer to me in say a PM it would be super badass. Hypothetically speaking though
[x] come up with a realistic goal
[x] Beat Guitar Hero III before the official release on Sunday october 28th
studio1b1  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the resigner is web based and works
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: