FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OD forum idea for multi-part non-FB?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
socialskills  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: OD forum idea for multi-part non-FB? Reply with quote

i'd like to post my paths for guitar/vocal expert/expert, but i don't really see a place to do it.

i know that creating a subsection in the OD forums for every possible configuration (multiplied by the amount of different difficulties) would be tedious and a waste of space, time, etc. so how about:

change the name of the "Full Band" section to "Full Band/Multi-part," and put a sticky in there telling everyone that they can post any multi-part paths there as long as their post begins with a standardized identifier?

i.e. for the sticky: "All posts must begin with relevant instruments separated by "+" followed by the difficulties pathed."

i.e. for someone's actual post:
--
Guitar + Vocals
Expert/Expert

Here's my path
x/xx
x/xx
x/xx
--

sound reasonable at all?

EDIT: rewrote OP to make it a bit less retard. changed title to more accurately reflect the idea (removed the word "subsection")
- All 3,255 RB1 BWT stars collected (solo, voxtar, expert)

Voxtar guide.

Last edited by socialskills on Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
socialskills  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so...i guess not a good enough idea to get a response, but not a bad enough idea to get flamed. i'll count that as a win

Voxtar guide.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just that there are so many combinations. You'd have to do each pair of instruments and each set of three instruments (ten more subforums in all). It would most likey be more of a waste of space than be something people would actually use. I honestly don't see too many people using the bass/vocal subforum for Mississippi Queen. You also can't eliminate medium and easy subforums just because not as many people use them because then the people that do play those difficulties would complain. It's not a bad idea because I'd like to see some bass/guitar paths for expert, but it's something that would be hard to implement. There's a possibility that if you have a decent path for more than one instrument, than it might work for a full band.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
It's just that there are so many combinations. You'd have to do each pair of instruments and each set of three instruments (ten more subforums in all). It would most likey be more of a waste of space than be something people would actually use.

right, i agree. that's why i thought just adding the word "multi-part" to make it "full band/multi-part" would be okay, because then no additional subforums would be needed.

then, to make sure no one gets confused, ask that people add information that delineates what instruments/difficulties their path is for. anyone on any difficulty would be welcome to post.

i guess if i really wanted to, i could probably just go ahead and post my G+V paths in the full band section right now, just to see what happens, but i don't want to clutter things up unnecessarily.

Voxtar guide.
LordMathias  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully ajanata will chime in on this at some point, because he is working (slowly, mind you) on an OD thing much similar to debr's SP programs. I'll try to remember to ask him about this idea tonight.

EDIT: Asked ajanata last night, and he said that non-full band combinations would most likely not happen, although he did say that guitar + bass might be. Perhaps once he gets that done, some of us could help to get instrument combos supported by that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordMathias wrote:
Hopefully ajanata will chime in on this at some point, because he is working (slowly, mind you) on an OD thing much similar to debr's SP programs. I'll try to remember to ask him about this idea tonight.

EDIT: Asked ajanata last night, and he said that non-full band combinations would most likely not happen, although he did say that guitar + bass might be. Perhaps once he gets that done, some of us could help to get instrument combos supported by that.

i'm not familiar with ajanata or debr's work. can you explain this to me a bit?

Voxtar guide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: