FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Grrrrrrr @ Failing GGAHT @ 95%!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkageon  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Grrrrrrr @ Failing GGAHT @ 95%! Reply with quote

I'm so so so frustrated right now. I just cannot get the last part of GGAHT down on expert (guitar). The part with the YBO HO's repeatedly. I just can't do it. The best I've done on practice mode (without overstrumming like crazy) is 33% and that's just because I hit nothing but orange notes. Is the last part beatable with full overdrive/semi full rock meter if I hit just the orange notes?

If not, any other advice?

Thanks in advance.
mrome  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh. that used to be me.

if you're using the strat, use the solo buttons and hold down the yellow button with your fret hand, and hit orange and blue with your strumming hand. go into practice mode and just get the timing right. thats how i've been doing it i get 100% each time in that part.

if you're using the xplorer.. i can't help you

hope that helps
Arkageon  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrome wrote:

if you're using the xplorer.. i can't help you

Guess it's time to get used to the Strat and it's crappy strum bar.
Arkageon  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP! So I used your technique and scored 98% (with NO overstrumming) on that part of the song on practice mode! The only notes I missed were 2 of the orange held notes after the solo. Thanks so much!

I think if I can get used to the controller a little bit better I should be able to beat it with the strat. I just hate how the strum bar doesn't click. It really throws me off.
letthereberock  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't use a strat and heres what i recommend:

hold the with your index finger and use your middle and ring finger to hit , but the thing is strum the and just put down your middle finger directly afterward. if that doesn't quite work, strum both the and the while, because your index is still on the , it automatically hammers on the note.

It may sound weird, but try it.

P.S. Can anybody tell me why this is in double spacing?

THERE ARE 10 TYPES OF PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD.

THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND BINARY, AND THOSE WHO DONT.
Arkageon  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I think I'll have to end up doing it with my xplorer afterall. I think my strat might be broken. The upstrums don't register about half the time unless i do it REALLY hard, so the fast strummign parts won't be possible for me anyways.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

letthereberock wrote:
i don't use a strat and heres what i recommend:

hold the with your index finger and use your middle and ring finger to hit , but the thing is strum the and just put down your middle finger directly afterward. if that doesn't quite work, strum both the and the while, because your index is still on the , it automatically hammers on the note.

It may sound weird, but try it.

P.S. Can anybody tell me why this is in double spacing?

the freticons do that
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
JoshNeff  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up willing a score duel because I kept 8x through this entire section... and I've only failed it ONCE. This was because I had a 5* on the song and got excited, and just lost it.

But I hold down yellow, with my left hand. With my right, I poke (yes, poke) down and at an angle fairly hard on the first note of each triplet. I hit orange, then continue the "poke" until it hits blue.

Doing this, if you figure out the timing, you basically are only hitting one note (orange) and then sliding to blue. If your audio lag is set right, don't look at the screen and just play off the first note in each section.

If you get timing down, its REALLLLY easy. The downside to this, is if you fall off track, you fall hard. But on the plus side, it will save tons of overstrums (elbow strumming is easy if you arent using the strat)

[ ] 5/6 Star Expert Guitar (~125/137)
[x] finish expert drums
[x] FC DOA (with screaming correctly)
[x] expert vocals all beaten
[x] finish endless setlist (expert)
[x] 5* GGaHT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ant 612
Arkageon  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoshNeff wrote:
I ended up willing a score duel because I kept 8x through this entire section... and I've only failed it ONCE. This was because I had a 5* on the song and got excited, and just lost it.

But I hold down yellow, with my left hand. With my right, I poke (yes, poke) down and at an angle fairly hard on the first note of each triplet. I hit orange, then continue the "poke" until it hits blue.

Doing this, if you figure out the timing, you basically are only hitting one note (orange) and then sliding to blue. If your audio lag is set right, don't look at the screen and just play off the first note in each section.

If you get timing down, its REALLLLY easy. The downside to this, is if you fall off track, you fall hard. But on the plus side, it will save tons of overstrums (elbow strumming is easy if you arent using the strat)

so you do this with the xplorer/les paul and you elbow strum the first note?
justinrox  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you still need help with the very last fast part, but I thought I'd show my technique, since I never seem to miss it.

Basically what I do is slam my fingers down each time it repeats. I use my pinky for orange, ring for blue, and middle for yellow. I don't hold any of the notes, just keep slamming them down almost as fast as I can, and I hold the combo the whole way through.

Not sure if anyone else does this. I used to do it with my ring on orange, middle on blue, and pointer on yellow, but I learned after a few tries that using the other three fingers worked out better (for me at least). I hope this helps, and good luck!
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

full overdrive and getting 40% of the notes will do it.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Arkageon  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
full overdrive and getting 40% of the notes will do it.

Thanks. Following the "poking" technique I average close to 40% right now in practice, so I might have a shot at beating it soon.
Kalyro  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat it with full overdrive usage and just randomly hitting notes because I was so freaked out I was actually going to pass the song
Arkageon  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalyro wrote:
I beat it with full overdrive usage and just randomly hitting notes because I was so freaked out I was actually going to pass the song

What a coincidence, that's exaclty how I just beat the song less than 5 minutes ago.

That technique works WAY better than you'd think it would. With full overdrive you can just strum like mad and hope to hit as many notes as possible. The OD makes up for all the extra overstrumming.

Granted, it doesn't help your score much, but for those who can't pass this part of the song, button mashing is the way to go.
Ozznfruitloops  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now my show off song is Welcome home. Its epic, and I can Move around a lot and be over dramatic (IRL i play like the goth animation mixed with metal, lol).

However, I feel as I get better, GGaHT will be my show off song just because the solo allows me to take my hand off and tap like mad. Sections with HoPo that descend I NUKE!. And this is why i can look cool.

the section that goes... I can destroy. With your strumming hand use your ring to the orange and pointer for the Blue. With your fretting hand use your (in the regular fretting position, not hand over strum bar like your strumming hand) middle for Yellow and your pointer for red. you shold be able to do this with your hands just on the desk in a steady beat

(if your righty) right middle, right Pointer, Left middle, Left Pointer (repeat).

The reaosn why i can show off is because I dont have to look at the notes to do this, its second nature. I do this when im idle alot, before i played rock band, so it came natural.

The same applies for . This time I flip my fret hand to go over the guitar. I use the same style as the first example, but for my fretring hand, now i use the pointer for the Yellow. Again, you should be able to do this with the beat of GGaHT.

(if your righty). Right middle, right pointer, Left pointer (repeat).

you should be able to nail this part with some practice. The tough part is behind you, this hsould be your bread and butter, where as the zig zags is murder.
5*Hard TTFAF:
Xpert Lou: -_-a
5*Xpert: None Yet
5*Xpert Bonus: None Yet
FINISH TTFAF Xpert: ::blows brains out::
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: