FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone else having trouble GSing Creep?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omgshdude542  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Anyone else having trouble GSing Creep? Reply with quote

God, this song makes me mad.. I gold starred every song on sightread except for Train Kept A Rollin, Run to the Hills, GGaHT, and...Creep! I think it's the chorus bit that's keeping me from getting it.. any advice on how to nail it?

[X] Finish Guitar Expert Solo Tour
[ ] All Gold Stars on Expert Guitar (2 left)
[ ] 25 FC's (24)
[ ] 9 Million Career Points (8.79 mil)
[ ] Finish Drums Expert Solo Tour (WGFA)
jonfitzsimon  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the first 4 tiers GS'ed, minus this song. I know its because of the insanely fast strumming and i cant get past it.
Moonvale  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the whole set-list except the last four songs, and Creep, gold-starred now; it's quite frustrating. I can keep the fast strumming going for some lengths at a time, but apparently not enough.
itsmemerawr  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironically i GS'ed Creep today, biggest tip is to overdrive on the fast tremolo's in the chorus, and if thats hard, just find the right strumming speed
JRyder  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you also have to account for the HO/PO when you change frets, which is hard when the notes are moving that fast. I know that the reason I haven't GS Creep yet is because of overstrums, because I know my strumming speed is nice and constant throughout the whole thing.

I tried my best to get it, but then I just gave up because it was too frustrating to go through the whole song only to miss on the most exciting part. But if overdrive activation is your problem, yeah, obviously the answer is activating in the chorus.
czarj  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to stop strumming for the HOPO's, you just have to make sure the note changes at the right time. It's not always (or maybe it's never) on the beat. I saved up my overdrive until it was almost full and used it at the beginning of each chorus right before the next phrase (so as not to overfill and waste some)--this kept the overdrive going through most or all of the tremolo phrases, and was enough to get gold stars with several thousand to spare, even with several dumb misses.

I hope that made sense--if not, I'll try explaining it again when I've had some sleep and can remember what I did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: