FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why don't we have FC support for G/B/V yet??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillyphan65  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Why don't we have FC support for G/B/V yet?? Reply with quote

Not complaining just wondering... I would think it would be something very easy to implement... just like it is on the GH side.

Obviously for drums its much different with the fills and extra notes when you squeeze, things like that, but I would think we could at least get it for the other instruments.

GH2: 32/74 FC's
GH3: 40/70 FC's
Venge  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as easy as you think. GH2, 80s and GH3 have a more stats screen in-game which provides total note count. Fairly easy to implement. Rock Band falls under the same category as GH1; the reason the term is "known" FCs is because they have to be proven, like cutoffs, until GH2 came out. When customs exploded, we eventuall got the tool(s) to identify the note count in GH1 charts, but even then it wasn't taken at face value. Those same tools, or at least some unreleased updated version, allow us to see similar stats, but the level of confidence of its accuracy is still pretty low.

Short answer to your question: I'm sure it's on "the list," but there are other things taking a higher priority right now. I'm not a admin/mod, so I don't know the task list order/priority, but my guess would be item #1 is combined/cross-platform score tracking.
LordMathias  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venge wrote:
Not as easy as you think. GH2, 80s and GH3 have a more stats screen in-game which provides total note count. Fairly easy to implement. Rock Band falls under the same category as GH1; the reason the term is "known" FCs is because they have to be proven, like cutoffs, until GH2 came out. When customs exploded, we eventuall got the tool(s) to identify the note count in GH1 charts, but even then it wasn't taken at face value. Those same tools, or at least some unreleased updated version, allow us to see similar stats, but the level of confidence of its accuracy is still pretty low.

This is most likely the correct answer as far as the FC support is concerned. I am not a mod/admin either, but from my understanding they had NS contributions for GH1 because there was no More Stats screen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, but on guitar for RB its not to hard to look at everyone's NS who got 100 percent and see what the FC for almost every song in the game is. GGAHT being the exception... i would like to see the FC numbers for RB very soon as well...

5* TTFAF [X] 600K!
30 FC's (35)[X], Most Recent - The Metal... wtf, why did that take so long....
FC all non-FC'd 100%'s [ ](2, Seeker, Helicopter)
LordMathias  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeanoMac21 wrote:
right, but on guitar for RB its not to hard to look at everyone's NS who got 100 percent and see what the FC for almost every song in the game is. GGAHT being the exception... i would like to see the FC numbers for RB very soon as well...

Right, but 100% does not ALWAYS equal FC, overstrums, etc.

Who knows, maybe in the future JCirri is planning on having NS proofs for RB. ¯\(°_o)/¯

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordMathias wrote:
DeanoMac21 wrote:

Who knows, maybe in the future JCirri is planning on having NS proofs for RB. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Yeah, but if there are multiple 100%, chances are if more than one person has a highest note streak, that's it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYwRiter94 wrote:
LordMathias wrote:
DeanoMac21 wrote:

Yeah, but if there are multiple 100%, chances are if more than one person has a highest note streak, that's it.

Proof also comes into the equation here. The number of those 100%s with picture or video proof affect confidence levels as well.

I'd say this also is just a matter of where it falls on the priority list. It will get worked on, just give it time.
Zilcho  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% for vocals should be enough, since there is no equivalent to overstrumming when it comes to vocals.
I'm callin' in sick today
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venge wrote:

Short answer to your question: I'm sure it's on "the list," but there are other things taking a higher priority right now. I'm not a admin/mod, so I don't know the task list order/priority, but my guess would be item #1 is combined/cross-platform score tracking.

Really, people don't trust the charts that get ripped for SP optimization?
....Doesn't make sense.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeddy24 wrote:
....Doesn't make sense.

If by "people" you mean the author of the program that creates the charts that get ripped for SP optimization, then yeah, people don't trust them. Makes sense to me.
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venge wrote:
Smeddy24 wrote:
....Doesn't make sense.

If by "people" you mean the author of the program that creates the charts that get ripped for SP optimization, then yeah, people don't trust them. Makes sense to me.

Yeah I know about that, sorry if I came off rude, but has anyone recently found a problem with a ripped chart?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vocal parts of some songs can be a little wonky, and there have been some topics on it made before.
I'm callin' in sick today
Evster  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not FC support, at least 100% support. That should be simple.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is fairly high-up on JC's list to get working soon. I expect it won't be too much longer, but he is always pretty busy, and he's right in the middle of a major project for the GH side of the site at the moment.

Last weekend he was out of town, and he'll be out of town again this weekend for a Rock Band tournament. You also have to remember that he's a doctorate student, so has responsibilities that go along with that, and that once in a while, he likes to try and find time to actually play these games he created this site for.

Anyway, I promise it's coming, just have patience.
Thurman91  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ppl seem to have a problem with GG&HT, but one of the loading screens for it on Expert says "You only have 3,058 notes to hit in this song. No problem." with that, its pretty obvious that an FC would have a 3058 note streak, every other song on the main setlist has been FCed by one person or another (i got about 54 of em ) so it wouldnt be that much of a problem.

as deimos said, JCirri has it as one of his top priorities, cant wait to see 54 out of 58 FCs on my scores
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: