FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hard: Strat vs. Guitar Hero controllers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonnieZ  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Hard: Strat vs. Guitar Hero controllers Reply with quote

Is anyone actually getting good scores / FCs on hard or expert with the strat in general, or more specifically the PS3 Strat or are all the gold stars and FCs we see are they being achieved with GH guitars?

I just can't seem to keep a streak going with this guitar for anything.

I keep streaks going in GH very easily, but not on RB. It's almost sucking the fun out of the game. I know I'm playing well, but I just can't keep the combo going.
Arkageon  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, some people are really good (and even prefer) the strat. It just takes some getting used to. It helps to try to remember that the strum bar only needs to be moved a little bit (like plucking a real string), and also that you can't exactly single strum some parts as easily as you can with any of the GH models.
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After about 10 different hardware modifications it is my favorite guitar of them all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the strat all the time, and the only mod I put on it was a rubber band on the Whammy bar to increase the tension.

I've gotten plenty of Gold stars and what not, and I use it whenever I can.

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
Arkageon  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouzo wrote:
After about 10 different hardware modifications it is my favorite guitar of them all.

What kind of things did you do to it, if I might ask? Maybe I could make it tolerable to play myself. :P
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're playing on the PS3 all you can use is the Strat unless a patch gets released, which is not likely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: UncleGummers
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkageon wrote:
Ouzo wrote:

What kind of things did you do to it, if I might ask? Maybe I could make it tolerable to play myself. :P

Okay, not 10 but...

1. Fixed broken whammy.
2. Adjusted tilt sensor.
3. Fixed broken strum.

I'm also thinking about modifying the strum bar so it's more like the other GH guitars [looks like /\ rather than )( ]. I should also mention I play with a guitar pick and this guitar is perfect for that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the strat's my favorite guitar, but it might only be that way because mine clicks, and from what I've heard, other people's don't. It's not as easy to strum fast, but on slower parts I can nearly perfect them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adohu wrote:
Actually, the strat's my favorite guitar, but it might only be that way because mine clicks, and from what I've heard, other people's don't. It's not as easy to strum fast, but on slower parts I can nearly perfect them.

I wish mine clicked. In fact, I wish I could jsut completely replace the strat's POS strum bar with a guitar hero one. They click, and respond better.
LUIGI074  

Location: I'm everywhere. That's what happens when you're a geek XD.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing really well with my Stratocaster on the PS3 version of the game (near top 50 on the PSN leaderboards). However, IMO, the GH1 and GH2 controllers I used for GH2 and GH3 for the PS2 were a better, though the Strat seems to make it easier for me to slide my fingers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing on 360, and with exception of 3 or 4 songs, I've GSed (most of which being FCs, especially on lower tiers) all but the last tier of songs on expert in the career using the strat. It feels weird to try and use a GH controller now.

If you haven't already, setting the lag stuff manually helped a great deal for notes I felt like I shouldn't be missing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a love/hate relationwhip with my strat.

Fucking...its the streak of notes that eat it. I dont understand how like...after a long streak of notes its as though my guitar REFUSES to register notes. Now, I've thought about this, and I thought "maybe its me". No, as i've Full Combo'd a few songs, Gold Staring them as days go by and the fact that my skill is going up, im still unable to Gold Star easy ass songs like Paranoid. Its not a matter of not being able to play the song, its a matter of fighting with my guitar mid song to actually be able to do it.

Its like....im playing the song in my head, and replacing it with clicks and chugs and mental counting, and I know im on beat.

Its fucking ANNOYING. Blitzkrig Bob I had to fight my guitar to get out of Three stars, yet I can 5 star Hand that Feeds, Say it aint so, Dani California and a few other harder songs.

Now with that being said, i actually like the soft feel. It feels really good playing some parts, for an example Highway Star. Playing those really fast notes, it just...feels really good. I love the way the buttons are. My Solos are getting much better. Im able to slide a lot better. I was out of position for a few parts of Working Man and I had to slide my hand 4 buttons down...BAM got it.

I love the whammy and effects, solo buttons are cool to show off...but arent a make/break deal.
5*Hard TTFAF:
Xpert Lou: -_-a
5*Xpert: None Yet
5*Xpert Bonus: None Yet
FINISH TTFAF Xpert: ::blows brains out::
Fedora  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I love the Strat. I completely dig the solo buttons, I like the changes to the strummer (most of the time), and I just dig the overall product.

However, I had to switch to the LP to get gold stars on Outside and a couple of the real chord heavy songs (Dead on Arrival, Seven). So I'm not pretending it's perfect.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
marcusfenixrules  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the SG for rock band, and the strat for stuff like FoF
also may i point out you said relationWhip... just thought i'd say something
TehLawGiver  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no...i hate the strat so much you have no idea, i can't wait for the frontman lol the strum bar is the worst repetitive note/chords hard as hell! (IE paranoid, here it goes again), and i don't rly like the frets either, i can't do HO/PO's very good, and idk how the hell they'd be able to put in a song like knights of cyndonia, TTFAF, misirlou and such in this game and suspect some one with a strat to be able to play it i mean c'mon you can't alt strum at all...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: