FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW DATE 3/29- ORLANDO AREA competition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
count220  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: NEW DATE 3/29- ORLANDO AREA competition Reply with quote

UPDATE: The competition has been rescheduled to Saturday, March 29th at the same location.

Please e-mail your RSVP and choice of song to egriswold@ea.com

NOTE: We've confirmed the venue is 21 and up only.

Get your RockBand out of the closet and the band back together to participate in

Battle of the Bands

in an effort to help raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society,

Where:
Starter's Neighborhood Bar
995 West State Rd 434
Longwood, FL 32750

Date: Saturday March 29th, 2008

Time: 8pm until we have a winner

Cost: $50 per band (it's for charity)

The bands will be judged in 3 different categories:

Overall Performance
Stage Presence
Outfit

Prizes will vary based on the number of bands we have to sign up.

To sign up: e-mail Eric Griswold -
egriswold@ea.com

Last edited by count220 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: smeeguel
silenceindminor  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the event grows near, if you could get a better idea of how many bands will get there I might come down.
count220  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received the rules from Eric. Here goes:

Battle of the Bands

Rules and Regulations:

1. Each band will play two songs. One of their choice, and another selected at random. The highest scoring song will be submitted.

2. Each band will be scored on in three categories: Overall Performance, Outfit, and overall stage presence.

a. The overall performance will be score as follows:

The judges will average the percentage of each member of the band. Then based on the bands difficulty level scoring modifiers will be added onto their score for difficulty.

For Example: Bass = 98%, Vocals = 75%, Drums = 82%, and Guitar = 91%. The bands average score = 86.5%.

-Now if the majority of the band played on Easy then the teams score will be 86.5 for overall performance.

-If the majority of the band played on Medium the bands score will receive a 2% score modifier, which will bring the bands score to 88.2.

-If the majority of the band played on Hard then the band will receive a 4% score modifier, which will bring the bands score to 89.9

-If the majority of the band played on Expert then the band will receive a 5% score modifier, which would bring their score to 90.8

b. Outfits will be judged based on originality, and creativeness to match the bands theme. Example would be a band that is into Nirvana dressing like a garage grunge band. The judges will score this on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest.

c. Overall stage presence will also be judged on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest. This will be based on how into the song the band gets, if the bands stage presence matches the song, and how into the band the crowd is.

d. In the end the bands overall score will be the sum of all three scoring categories. For example a band that scores 86.5 in overall performance, 7 in outfit, and 8 in stage presence would have an overall score of 101.5.

3. If the Bands Choice song is a song that has to be downloaded then you need to bring your hard drive with the song on it for you to play.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: smeeguel
Draktyr  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this sounds good after hearing the rules, because I was worried that we were gonna have another Otronicon failure in the works. I had already bought my butterfly wings and everything.

My only concern is the fact that you can choose ANY song you want, and they just take the highest score. That'll pretty much eliminate 50% of the songs from being played, since they simply aren't high scoring songs.

Should be a fun time though.
count220  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.... maybe I'm misinterpreting the rules then. It sounded to me like they're scoring the performance on percentage, not actual score.
Pengwyns  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested. I was curious what guitars will be available. I've never used a Strat before and to do so for the first time in a competition seems like a bad idea. Will there be Les Pauls and/or Explorers also available? If not would it be allowed for me to bring my own Les Paul? Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Pengwyns PSN Name: Pengwyns
count220  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the rules, please e-mail Eric at egriswold@ea.com.
count220  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The organizer just e-mailed me to tell me he lost the venue and is working to find a new one. Stay tuned for an update.
silenceindminor  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmmmm okay. keep us updated.
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes. That puts a damper on things. I hope things get sorted out =\
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atleast I know it wont be in a bar now (age restrictions suck).
count220  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVENT POSTPONED, DATE TBA.

From Eric:

The update is we are going to reschedule it. We are going to take about one to two more weeks to plan this so look for more info in the coming weeks.

I am sorry about this, but I just feel that we will lose out on bands if we try to patch something together at the last minute instead of taking the extra time to plan something out a little bit better.

Bummer...

Last edited by count220 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
silenceindminor  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah what a bummer. I guess things happen...Sorry it's a long drive my band can't make it to just a hangout Friday, I know you are trying to salvage it, hope ya have fun.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silenceindminor wrote:
Ah what a bummer. I guess things happen...Sorry it's a long drive my band can't make it to just a hangout Friday, I know you are trying to salvage it, hope ya have fun.

But will you still be able to make it to the actual contest?
silenceindminor  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah as long as it doesnt interfere with school during the week.. a saturday tournament would be MUCH more convienent for me count if maybe you can take that into account..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: