FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/19/08 DLC (Stone Temple Pilots, Weezer and Garbage)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blob  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUGSaLOT wrote:
Correct me if I'm mistaken (since I've not played ALL of the DLCs for RB) But it seems as if all of the DLC songs for RockBand do *NOT* have "big endings" like some of the stock songs that came with RB. Am I right?

Also, how are you folks recording your playing onto your PCs?

And I want to ask folks who play guitar/bass if you use the Rock Band Stratocaster, or your old Guitar Hero guitar?

Off the top of my head, Limelight and Hard to Handle have BREs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MHSTenor09 wrote:
youhas wrote:
Sully wrote:
I don't mean to bitch about DLC, and I'll continue to happily buy it all, but when new songs become available, my list of "wants" are, in order of desire:

- some degree of challenge in at least one of the songs
- songs I like
- songs that are fun

Heh - I'd say that I have a similar top-three bullet-points as for "what I'd like to see in DLC", but my priorities are the other way around. First and foremost, I want songs that I know and love - "fun" songs if you can swing it, and challengingly fun songs would be ideal, sure, but songs I love is of primary importance. I have a big-ass soft spot for mid-'90s commerical alternarock, and would absolutely love to see more of it offered via DLC... even though I acknowledge that most of it does not make for the most challenging and invigorating gameplay. I mean, to pick a pair of wishlist songs at random, Offspring's "Self Esteem" and Everclear's "Santa Monica" - hell, I could probably play those on a real guitar on ten minutes' notice... but I'd be first in the stay-up-'til-the-wee-hours-to-download queue all the same.

Do I hear... "The Kids Aren't Alright" perhaps?

Or maybe the whole "Americana" album. Man, that would be sweet.
But Sully is right; the DLC for the past few weeks has been kinda shitty IMO as well.
Starz007  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love "Sex Type Thing"
Torchy  

Location: Indiana / Kentucky, U.S.A. (or aboard U.S.S. Moisthero)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blob wrote:
HUGSaLOT wrote:
Correct me if I'm mistaken (since I've not played ALL of the DLCs for RB) But it seems as if all of the DLC songs for RockBand do *NOT* have "big endings" like some of the stock songs that came with RB. Am I right?

Also, how are you folks recording your playing onto your PCs?

And I want to ask folks who play guitar/bass if you use the Rock Band Stratocaster, or your old Guitar Hero guitar?

Off the top of my head, Limelight and Hard to Handle have BREs.

War Pigs has one too, but it's so short it basically doesn't count, I'd say.

Definitely need more BREs in DLC FTW, LOL. ^_^ WTF ._.

also THAT IS ENOUGH WEEZER HMX THANK YOU PLEASE NO MORE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrewG wrote:
So...why did they mess with "El Scorcho"?

"Come on down the street and dance with me" sounds NOTHING like the real song. Neither does "read your diary"...might just be because the vocals are heightened?

"Ciao ciao san" doesn't sound right either.

El Scorcho is a master and they didn't with any of the vocals. The solo might be added, or just really really turned up from the other tracks volume wise because I've never heard that before on the actual song.

For you people complaining about the DLC difficulty, keep in mind the songs are just put out for guitar. I'm sure the vocals for ES are pretty hard, and the drums for at least the Garbage song are pretty challenging. I personally have only played the Metallica and Working Man DLC on guitar, everything else I've bought mostly for the drums.

Torchy wrote:
also THAT IS ENOUGH WEEZER HMX THANK YOU PLEASE NO MORE

You shut your god damn mouth right now. :P

I personally could go for the entire Blue Album DLC if they ever got around to putting it out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want bands that aren't already on there
ThuDogFood  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Everyone remember when we thought a Red Hot Chili Peppers pack was leaked for this week? Good times...

Anyway, being open-minded, I like all of the songs this week music-wise (and thus will get them).

They aren't really challenging (drums on WDYLM seem to be the hardest thing this week), but then again, some of my friends just can't handle the challenge so that's fine by me.

I'm gonna be fillin' up my random setlist options, but emptying my wallet...
The Rock Band Network is so potentially consequential that Harmonix went to great lengths to keep its development secret, including giving it the unofficial in-house code name Rock Band: Nickelback, on the theory that the name of the quintessentially generic modern rock group would be enough to deflect all curiosity.
L3dZepp3lin93  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I have ps2, it doesn't matter about DLC for me.
anyway, other than asking about putting Rockband DLC on Gameshark, I was thinking, if we do another RUSH DLC, I say we do 2112! such a great song. Harmonix, please don't mess up the cover like TOm Sawyer and Limelight, and Working man was OK.
MrMoovsie  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Scorcho is awesome... but super easy.
judynails1988  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Vote hallowed be thy name in here cause it has an amazing solo pretty hard vocals and awesome drums bass is almost like guitar
EekCapone  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

judynails1988 wrote:
I Vote hallowed be thy name in here cause it has an amazing solo pretty hard vocals and awesome drums bass is almost like guitar

I would pay $5 for Hallowed be thy name!! Every time I see Maiden mentioned for inclusion in these games I pray it is that song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: